Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    2/01/2010 4:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Draculino BJJ Training - Online

Okay guys for about a month or so I've been testing out Draculino's new Online Training site, and I have to say that it's really remarkable. Obviously Draculino is well known for having amazing Jiu-Jitsu and for being a great Instructor, but that isn't the only thing that impressed me with this site. They really went head over heels to make something pretty special here.

Let me start with the thing that stands out the most when you first click a video on the site. No, it's not just that they're all in HD because that's something you'd expect these days. What stands out the most is that each of the hundreds of categorized techniques in their video library are all shot from 3 angles, and when you watch the video all three angles are played simultaneously. This is something I haven't seen before and certainly makes learning the details of a technique simpler and more effective, especially via video instruction.

The most direct angle is the default on the big screen and the other 2 angles are played in smaller screens underneath. If you decide you like angle 2 or 3 better than angle 1, and you'd like to play one of them in the big screen instead then you simply drag it and drop it over the big screen and there's an instant seamless switch; however, if you have an ancient and slow computer like me you'll have to go into your profile and click the "low-speed" option which will have the videos play one at a time to avoid lagging... though I'm probably the only one here with a computer from the 90's still, lol :icon_neut

Also, on the bottom of the screen for each video there's a a short description, and on the side they display a list of related techniques including variations of and counters to the technique in the video you're watching. There's also a "favorites" button up top that saves it to a list in your profile so you don't have to sift through the library to find it again if it's a technique you want to focus on. They also have a feature for instructors that gives you a full curriculum and helps you structure your classes! the curriculum feature is one of the coolest things about the site.

As for the video library; it's packed! they have a huge list of techniques from the extremely basic to extremely advanced. Draculino really tries to cover everything, and that's mainly why I have such a high opinion of this program.

As far as price goes, you can get a year of access to this site for less than you'd pay for a lot of DVD sets, and it covers everything. Not just a couple of the stronger parts of Draculino's personal game like most DVDs out there. You can see some images and much of the website explained in this video below:

YouTube- Draculino Online Bjj Training

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is new to brazilian jiu-jitsu or is focusing on another martial art and wants to learn some brazilian jiu-jitsu on the side and was thinking about getting a good DVD for beginners; this will do more for you. I'd also recommend it to people who aren't getting enough time in at the gym or had to take a break from training because of work or whatever reason. Really anyone who has the time to watch jiu-jitsu related material will get a lot of good out of this. I'm a competitive BJJ purple belt and I train in my gym twice a day and I still joined use this resource regularly.

The only people it's not for would be the belt hunters... yes, recently there has been some controversy of whether or not it's okay to promote people via online instruction, but I'm personally against that and Draculino doesn't believe in it either. So if you're just looking for a quick way to get a blue belt then keep looking, but if you want to learn great brazilian jiu-jitsu from a phenomenal resource then you've found it. Just click the link and check it out. Here is the site:

Draculino BJJ Training - Online Jiu Jitsu Technique Tutorials and Curriculum by Vinicius Magalhaes
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    2/02/2010 2:44pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting. I like the idea, but I can't see using it except to supplement live classes. Of course, if I'd reached a more competent basic level before I had to stop, I might see it differently, but I don't have the basics.
    I have a shot at a job in the same town as my old school this spring; if I get that, I should be able to go back as soon as my EMT-B course is over, this summer. At that point, back in training but likely not able to go more than 2-3 times a week if that, this kind of resource might make a lot more sense.

I do like the fact that there's no rank involved.

Pseudo-Scrambler Extraordinaire

Posted On:
    2/02/2010 4:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    Interesting. I like the idea, but I can't see using it except to supplement live classes. Of course, if I'd reached a more competent basic level before I had to stop, I might see it differently, but I don't have the basics.
    I have a shot at a job in the same town as my old school this spring; if I get that, I should be able to go back as soon as my EMT-B course is over, this summer. At that point, back in training but likely not able to go more than 2-3 times a week if that, this kind of resource might make a lot more sense.

I do like the fact that there's no rank involved.
    I agree 100%. there is no substitute for professional live instruction, but I've always been a big believer in supplementary training. this is just the first online course that has really peaked my interest.

I rated it the way I rated it because the techniques range from day 1 newb stuff to some newer very advanced stuff. obviously the difficulty and technique quality ranges due to that.
    Last edited by M-Tri; 2/02/2010 5:02pm at .
    FACT- Eddie Bravo invented the triangle choke when he used it to tap out helio gracie at an ac/dc concert.

www.AlanBelcherMMAClub.com

facebook.com/ABMMA

Certified Personal Trainer and Drinker of Coffee

Posted On:
    2/27/2010 11:24pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO/BJJ/Judo and others

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw this and thought it look pretty good. Could you answer a few questions about the site:

1) How does it compare to other line sites you've tried/seen?

2) How advanced do the moves/techniques get?

3) Do they only show techniques or do they have drills and other training content?

Good review, I might have to give it a try