Page 2 of 2 First 12

Style
    Hapkido/Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that Bruce being the man he was would adapt his fighting style to MMA suitable. He just was never given that opportunity, I still believe that he had the skill and drive to make in modern MMA if he was alive today, but saying he would beat a much heavier opponent is just ridiculous.

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuWannabe View Post

he was truly one of the first Mixed Martial Artist's if you think about it.

.HE KICKED CHUCK NORRIS'S ASS............

My apologies, I couldn't resist.
    No and No.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by feral00 View Post
    I think that Bruce being the man he was would adapt his fighting style to MMA suitable. He just was never given that opportunity, I still believe that he had the skill and drive to make in modern MMA if he was alive today, but saying he would beat a much heavier opponent is just ridiculous.

Agreed. He had the right attitude to pull it off and be competitive in his weight division.

Style
    BJJ, judo, rapier
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Agreed. He had the right attitude to pull it off and be competitive in his weight division.
    Just like he was competitive in his weight division in…uh…

…What did he compete and excel in, again? (Apart from getting contracts for chop socky flicks.)
    [ petterhaggholm.net | blog | essays ]
    [ self defence: general thoughts | bjj: “don’t go to the ground”? ]
    “The plural of anecdote is anecdotes, not data.”

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    Just like he was competitive in his weight division in…uh…

…What did he compete and excel in, again? (Apart from getting contracts for chop socky flicks.)

If you want to argue about this fictional scenario read the post I was quoting. If Bruce Lee lived in this era, given his athletic ability it is my opinion he could pull it off based on being a great athlete. The guy I quoted basically said the same thing. It is only my opinion. I am sure you could take him easily though. You sound like a real bad ass.

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to argue about this fictional scenario read the post I was quoting. If Bruce Lee lived in this era, given his athletic ability it is my opinion he could pull it off based on being a great athlete. The guy I quoted basically said the same thing. It is only my opinion. I am sure you could take him easily though. You sound like a real bad ass.

I was so hoping you weren't one of these kung fu guys. Enjoy your stay it will be short. Oh. this is noobtown and you are going to end up culled like the other poster.

Style
    BJJ and MT at the moment
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even though bruce lee would win some fights in MMA world , it wouldnt be because of his kung fu or something.It would be alot more different than what you see in TV.
    He would win because he liked training and martial arts, thats all. And if he would compete in MMA even he would know that his movie bullshit wouldnt work in the ring, so he would go and train under good strikers and grapplers.
    Thats all.

He was an actor, with an athletic build, who was interested in martial arts.Like all others.(considering his fighting credibility, not personality)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyunus View Post
    Even though bruce lee would win some fights in MMA world , it wouldnt be because of his kung fu or something.It would be alot more different than what you see in TV.
    He would win because he liked training and martial arts, thats all. And if he would compete in MMA even he would know that his movie bullshit wouldnt work in the ring, so he would go and train under good strikers and grapplers.
    Thats all.

He was an actor, with an athletic build, who was interested in martial arts.Like all others.(considering his fighting credibility, not personality)
    I think that he would appreciate the current philosophy of martial arts and how much it has changed since he died. He was always saying that Kung-Fu was to closed off and needed to evolve. It's a shame we never got to see this play out.

Style
    Judo/JKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroyunus View Post
    Thats all.

BL was an actor with shiny kicks and awesome fight-kiai's. and he was into martial arts and philosophy.He had the healthy aprroach to the MA thing and is the pioneer for those who seek realism and aliveness in MAs. That is it.
    He had almost no fighting experience, in the sense that MMA fighters today do have.
    I say here that
    any "average WEC-Pride-UFC fighter" >>>>> BL (in terms of fighting)

But OPs brother is entitled to have his own fantasies.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you want to argue about this fictional scenario read the post I was quoting. If Bruce Lee lived in this era, given his athletic ability it is my opinion he could pull it off based on being a great athlete.
    And what if Bruce was a gigantic ***** and would break down if he gets hit by a good opponent?

These kinds of scenarios are stupid. Would he be a good fighter if he trained like top MMA fighters? Maybe, we can't know for sure.

What we can assume is that he would get murdered by any of the top MMA fighters in his weight category without any additional training.

Page 2 of 2 First 12