Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    Hokutoryu Ju-jutsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Help me Bullshido, you're my only hope. Well, not really but, you know, lol.

My brother-in-law is a swell guy. Hard worker, thoughful towards my sister, and many other positive adjectives. There are some things about him that make me wanna push him on front of a speeding freight train.

1) He has very strong opinions on most things and making him admit being wrong is about as easy as sneaking a camel aboard a plane.

2) He REALLY hates losing, especially in arguments.

This lead to some problems a week ago when wetn to his place after seeing avatar. We started to talk about martial arts.

Now, the only MA experience he has is from few years of TKD, (either kukkiwon or WTF, not sure) and from seeing every Jackie Chan movie ever made. At least five times.

So, our conversation went on and in to MMA, so I asked him, what does he think about Fedor. He said that he doesn't personally really like Fedja and doesn't think that he's all that good. He also brought up how he had read from some forum that Fedor could beat Bruce Lee, and even tho not a Lee fan, he thought this to be ridicilous.

Now, I'm a HUGE Bruce fanboy. And even I admit that Fedor would most propably tear Bruce several new assholes. Bruce might have just been the best fighter evah, but one koshinage and Bruce would be grappling with a Judo/Sambo master, who has about 40kg weight advantage on him.

Now of course a fight is never won/lost before it has been fought. But I just can't imagine Bruce ever having more then 30% chance against Fedja, if even that. How can I point this out to my bro, without calling him a huge dunce in the process?

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arskanator View Post
    My brother-in-law is a swell guy. Hard worker, thoughful towards my sister, and many other positive adjectives. There are some things about him that make me wanna push him on front of a speeding freight train.

1) He has very strong opinions on most things and making him admit being wrong is about as easy as sneaking a camel aboard a plane.

2) He REALLY hates losing, especially in arguments.

This lead to some problems a week ago when wetn to his place after seeing avatar. We started to talk about martial arts.

Now, the only MA experience he has is from few years of TKD, (either kukkiwon or WTF, not sure) and from seeing every Jackie Chan movie ever made. At least five times.

So, our conversation went on and in to MMA, so I asked him, what does he think about Fedor. He said that he doesn't personally really like Fedja and doesn't think that he's all that good. He also brought up how he had read from some forum that Fedor could beat Bruce Lee, and even tho not a Lee fan, he thought this to be ridicilous.

Now, I'm a HUGE Bruce fanboy. And even I admit that Fedor would most propably tear Bruce several new assholes. Bruce might have just been the best fighter evah, but one koshinage and Bruce would be grappling with a Judo/Sambo master, who has about 40kg weight advantage on him.

Now of course a fight is never won/lost before it has been fought. But I just can't imagine Bruce ever having more then 30% chance against Fedja, if even that. How can I point this out to my bro, without calling him a huge dunce in the process?
    Bruce Lee was an actor
    Fedor is a professional fighter

Toronto, Ontario, The United States of Canada
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your brother in law seems to have a condition called douchebagism. http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=douchebag
    Don't try to argue with him, such a person will not "lose" any verbal battle.

The best thing to do is go "Suuuure Buddy... I'm with you... Bruce Lee would totally destroy Fedor..." and call it a day. Don't waste any more of your time on such people.

Style
    no gi grappling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So long as Fedor was aware of the one inch punch... I think things will go ok.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your Brother In Law is rtight as usual, bow-down.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm more interested in Fedor vs John Travolta.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no chuck norris jokes yet?

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bruce Lee in his prime couldn't have beaten Jens Pulver, who is his actual size, much less Fedor who outweighs him by 100 lbs.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even though this argument is on the road that leads to nowhere.......

Bruce Lee was known as a fiercely dedicated trainer, and someone more than willing to add in different styles if he found them useful...

Saying Bruce Lee is to small to be a bad ass is like saying Manny Pacquiao is to small to be a bad ass...

Bruce would have risen to the challenge, he was truly one of the first Mixed Martial Artist's if you think about it. He wasn't stubborn to the point he thought Kung Fu was perfect, he was open to different styles, and his training work ethic is Legendary.

And of Course.................HE KICKED CHUCK NORRIS'S ASS............

My apologies, I couldn't resist.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last