222434 Bullies, 4448 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 40 of 47
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. ADM is offline
    ADM's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,729

    Posted On:
    2/03/2010 4:20am


     Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon View Post
    Also, big ol' '**** you' to the Diaz-has-bad-boxing crowd. 110+ strikes thrown, 90+ strikes landed. Suck it.
    And how many knocked the other guy out? I could throw 100 shitty punches to someones mid section, or 1 good one to put them down.

    Also note, I'm not a Diaz hater, I love watching the guy fight, but your argument is flawed.
  2. UpaLumpa is offline
    UpaLumpa's Avatar

    Exasperated.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Descending into absurdity
    Posts
    6,977

    Posted On:
    2/03/2010 10:12am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM View Post
    And how many knocked the other guy out? I could throw 100 shitty punches to someones mid section, or 1 good one to put them down.

    Also note, I'm not a Diaz hater, I love watching the guy fight, but your argument is flawed.
    This is funny because Diaz doesn't throw his strikes with the intent of knocking an opponent out with any one strike. For the record though he dropped Shamrock, Smith and Marius with single body shots. Throwing everything with the intent of dropping an opponent makes you throw poorly and gas.

    His argument might be flawed but your counter is stupid.
  3. Alucard619 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    463

    Posted On:
    2/03/2010 12:18pm


     Style: The Way of Hand and Foot

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I may be in the minority but I was hoping that Cris Cyborg would lose her match. In every fight I've seen her in she always seems to severely outclass her opponent (with maybe the exception of when she fought Gina Carano). Kinda takes away the thrill of the event if in the first few seconds of the match it is evident she'll knock the **** out of her opponent.
  4. Kintanon is offline
    Kintanon's Avatar

    Yes, I am smarter than you are.

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Athens, Ga
    Posts
    5,683

    Posted On:
    2/03/2010 12:27pm

    supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM View Post
    And how many knocked the other guy out? I could throw 100 shitty punches to someones mid section, or 1 good one to put them down.

    Also note, I'm not a Diaz hater, I love watching the guy fight, but your argument is flawed.
    The last one. Which was what mattered.
    Why does everyone have a problem with throwing a lot of techniques? He has the cardio for it, he lands a high percentage of them, and it wins fights.
    And I don't see how my argument is flawed. Landing 90+ out of 115 strikes is a nice high percentage of accuracy, especially for MMA. I would say that pretty well demonstrates that Diaz has accurate hands, regardless of how pretty you think he looks while he's hitting people. And his 5 TKO victories in a row say he hits plenty hard. And that makes 6 out of his last 7 victories TKOs. (Yeah, I know ,cuts, corner stoppages, whatever... He fucks people up.)
  5. Shawarma is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,456

    Posted On:
    2/03/2010 12:31pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alucard619 View Post
    I may be in the minority but I was hoping that Cris Cyborg would lose her match. In every fight I've seen her in she always seems to severely outclass her opponent (with maybe the exception of when she fought Gina Carano). Kinda takes away the thrill of the event if in the first few seconds of the match it is evident she'll knock the **** out of her opponent.
    I, too, wanted her to lose, but only because I find her wild brawler style unappealing to look at. I'd rather have a super-smooth submissions girl at the top of the heap.
  6. Alucard619 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    463

    Posted On:
    2/03/2010 12:35pm


     Style: The Way of Hand and Foot

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawarma View Post
    I, too, wanted her to lose, but only because I find her wild brawler style unappealing to look at. I'd rather have a super-smooth submissions girl at the top of the heap.
    I don't think she's a brawling type fighter. Honestly she's a very balanced fighter. She just has outstanding power and strength.
  7. Frenzal is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    142

    Posted On:
    2/03/2010 2:52pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    She seems to fit the definition of brawler to me... aggresive, willing to taKe shots in order to dish some out, uses her strength and chin as key components of her game plan...

    She does have a well balanced skil set (short in wrestling perhaps?), but that don't mean she's not a brawler.
  8. UpaLumpa is offline
    UpaLumpa's Avatar

    Exasperated.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Descending into absurdity
    Posts
    6,977

    Posted On:
    2/03/2010 3:10pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzal View Post
    She does have a well balanced skil set (short in wrestling perhaps?), but that don't mean she's not a brawler.
    She is lacking both in wrestling and in grappling once it gets to the ground. She does not have a well balanced skill set.
  9. wolunt is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    58

    Posted On:
    2/04/2010 1:33am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Silat

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Diaz looked great and I love it how non-UFC guys continue to call out the UFC Champs. Oh wait second, actually I don't. I'm sick of that crap. Everybody knows what it takes to fight BJ or GSP, just step up and sign with them and win a few fights. Guys like Aoki and Diaz calling out these guys when they KNOW they won't fight them. Hell, I might as well call out Brock. Gomi is the only one I respect cause he called out BJ but then actually signed with the UFC. HMMMM, step 1 is done. Now if he walks threw Kenny, there is a good chance they make that fight happen, if not, he's most likely just 1 more win away. I would love to see Diaz fight in the UFC again but no way in hell does he even get a title shot right out of the gate IMO.
  10. Frenzal is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    142

    Posted On:
    2/04/2010 2:29am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa View Post
    She is lacking both in wrestling and in grappling once it gets to the ground. She does not have a well balanced skill set.
    Oh, ok.

    She appears to have enough game to smoosh other strikers and smaller more talented opponents from what little I've seen.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.