Page 5 of 5 First 12345
  1. #41

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    964
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwan_dao View Post
    Hm.. according to the urban-dictionary article you linked, his guess at what "body nazi" could be referring to fits quite well. So whats your point?
    The point is that you misunderstood the term and argued against something that I wasn't saying.

    Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

  2. #42

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    964
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WMA Cynic View Post
    No cigar. I suspect you are struggling to form a cogent counter argument here (understandable, since trying to argue that physical fitness isn't a factor in fighting effectiveness is a logic dead end).
    No cigar since I wasn't arguing that at all. Perhaps you should review what I wrote.

    Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    257
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lklawson View Post
    The point is that you misunderstood the term and argued against something that I wasn't saying.

    Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk
    I did? Funny how I would not remember doing so.

    On the other hand, WMAcynic was arguing with you. He did understand the term. He tried to guess what "body nazi" might refer to and his guess fits the description in the urban dictionary just perfectly.

    I am really sorry to say this, but maybe you should start to

    a) read posts entirely and try not to mix up different posters (which should not be too hard with only two or three other participants)
    b) try to understand what was written
    c) read the sources you use and link to
    d) try to make sense in your posts


    I know you as a well reasoned and intelligent regular poster on this board. What happened?

  4. #44
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lklawson View Post
    No cigar since I wasn't arguing that at all.
    Then what are you arguing? How about you spell it out loud and clear, in place of these elusive one or two line responses that clarify nothing. That way we can have a productive discussion with some actual substance.

    Perhaps you should review what I wrote.
    When multiple, independent readers are having similar troubles understanding the 'real' point behind your posts, the problem might not lie with the ability of the readers. How about you review what you wrote too.

  5. #45

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    964
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwan_dao View Post
    I know you as a well reasoned and intelligent regular poster on this board. What happened?
    Absolutely nothing.

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    964
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WMA Cynic View Post
    Then what are you arguing? How about you spell it out loud and clear,.
    What, again? OK, one last time, with feeling: Just because someone is "fat" doesn't mean he is not a "serious martial artist."

    Everything else I've asserted in this thread arises as consequences of that statement.

Page 5 of 5 First 12345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO