Posted On:
    1/23/2010 5:11pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    No for what I quoted.
    Oh, well that's "different" :laughing6

To be frank with you It is Fake, I have a lot of respect for you as a poster but I just don't see your argument about what was so wrong with what I posted.

Did I say he was the bravest man? No, I said he was one of them and that can't argued against nor will anything change that.

He may have been scared to perform many of those stunts but he did them anyway so correct me if I'm wrong but that would take a lot of courage and guts to go through with.
    Last edited by Elemental Fist; 1/23/2010 5:33pm at .

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 5:34pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did I say he was the bravest man? No, I said he was one of them and that can't argued against nor will anything change that.
    Actually it can be as all opinions can. Did you not just rant about credibility concerning an opinion stated by Eternal Rage?

He may have been scared to perform many of those stunts but he did them anyway so correct me if I'm wrong but that would take a lot of courage and guts to go through with.
    ..and? I took exception to what I quoted. Everything else is you defending your position.

I didn't say it was a respect issue you did.
    I didn't say anything about guts you did.
    Heck I didn't say he wasn't brave.

I'm being an ass over your hero worship. If ER loses credibility for his opinion then you do as well.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 5:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually it can be as all opinions can. Did you not just rant about credibility concerning an opinion stated by Eternal Rage?

..and? I took exception to what I quoted. Everything else is you defending your position.

I didn't say it was a respect issue you did.
    I didn't say anything about guts you did.
    Heck I didn't say he wasn't brave.

I'm being an ass over your hero worship. If ER loses credibility for his opinion then you do as well.
    If it was hero worship, I would've wasted my money on The Spy Next Door, or I would've said that he was the best thing since sliced bread but that's not the case because that would be stupid.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 5:50pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental Fist View Post
    If it was hero worship, I would've said he was a better singer than Elvis or that he was the best thing since sliced bread but that's not the case because that would be stupid to say.
    There is more to hero worship than that but, this is actually getting silly.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 5:56pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is more to hero worship than that but, this is actually getting silly.
    Yeah, you're right. I guess I was way out of line that time sorry about that.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 5:59pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahaha out of line? Not really we just disagree.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 6:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahaha out of line? Not really we just disagree.
    I guess, oh well what's done is done.

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 7:49pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by thatrugbyguy View Post
    Y'know, I suspect that McCain's initial distaste for gnp may have its roots...elsewhere.
    And probably by relatives of Cung Le...
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 8:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When Eternal Rage made his "harro harro, ching chong . . ." comment, he wasn't making fun of Chinese people. He was upset that Jackie Chan seems happy to use his thick Chinese accent and limited English proficiency for comedy. For instance, a few weeks ago my wife and I turned on Ellen Degeneres' show, and he was on. She had him call directory assistance and try to get through to some local coffee shop, and of course the joke was watching him try to understand what the robot was saying and try to speak clearly enough for the robot to connect him. He failed.
    On the other hand, if you don't want to learn better English, there are only two ways for an actor to take things. You can either do what Chan does, taking roles where a thick accent is expected because of who your character is, or you can do what Van Damme and Schwarzenegger did and either pretend there's no accent ("He's an armored alloy core controlled by a microprocessor, very tough, but the outside is living flesh. Living, Austrian, Aryan flesh. The first models were easy to spot because they constantly goose-stepped while singing "Edelweiss," but now we have to use dogs for the new generation. But I digress.") or they would write some contrived throwaway explanation (I think the Kickboxer backstory was that Van Damme and his brother had grown up apart because Van Damme's character was taken in by a group of European nuns, then found each other later in life. Thus Van Damme had a French accent and his "brother" had Jheri curls.)

I was out at a bar watching it with my Sifu that night, and that was when he commented on how it was a poor example of honorable fighting and that kids would try to emulate it.
    I realize you probably know this, and maybe you said it at the time, but that is NOT a poor example of honorable fighting against an opponent who knows how to move to a defensive position or even go on offense from that position. Against an opponent who might roll forward and take a leg, or might roll into you, then sweep you and begin his own attack, it's just another part of the fight.
    Doing something people don't understand how to defend or defeat is always considered unfair . . . . that's why ze Germans petitioned to have American pump shotguns banned as weapons of war during WWI.

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 8:32pm

Style: BJJ/Boxing

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    Doing something people don't understand how to defend or defeat is always considered unfair . . . . that's why ze Germans petitioned to have American pump shotguns banned as weapons of war during WWI.
    Or why people would always complain about the AWP in Counterstrike.

(Yes, that was really geeky).
    Quote Originally Posted by Newb1 View Post

B) I could not beat a Judoka with Aikido. I could only beat an Aikidoka with Aikido. I thought that was understook.
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast