226193 Bullies, 3838 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 101 to 110 of 336
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Nwp is offline
    Nwp's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Conroe, Tx
    Posts
    513

    Posted On:
    1/25/2010 7:18pm

    supporting member
     Style: Wrestling, Bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gwinn View Post
    The reason it's not dishonorable to strike a downed opponent in MMA is that the downed opponent has NOT lost and is NOT helpless.
    If he hasn't tapped, he wants the fight to continue. He's got some idea what he wants to do, even if his plan amounts to "weather the storm and hope for an opening to present itself."
    Exxxxcellent. Yes, he has not quit and can still be quite dangerous from the ground.
    ergo...

    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Yes, think about how many fights we have watched and the guy getting Gnp'ed turned the tables? I've seen quite a few.
    Most Exxxxcellent! Exactly. There have been numerous reversals or subs from gaurd. Lesner Mir 1 is a recent example.
    It is a larger skill set than most "Honorable" slapdance styles incorporate, and people usually fear or dislike what they dont understand.

    Like men ice-dancing??? WTF?? (watch I will get 3 ice dancers on my ass)!
  2. foxd is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Flint, Mi.
    Posts
    485

    Posted On:
    1/26/2010 2:43pm


     Style: BJJ, mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nwp View Post
    Good point, I don't know that I can recall Jackie "doin" anybody in on screen off the top of my head, so excuse the assumption.

    I might have installed Jet Li in my thoughts because I KNOW Jet has murderized some peoples!!

    I will watch some movies and PM you back if you are WRONG!

    I remember in Supercop he gunned down a couple guys with a machine gun during the drug raid scene.
  3. Conde Koma is offline
    Conde Koma's Avatar

    Thumbs up!

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oakland, CA (East Bay Area)
    Posts
    2,247

    Posted On:
    1/26/2010 3:41pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think he had to shoot some guys in "Heart of Dragon" as well, but it's been a while since I've seen it.
  4. Elemental Fist is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    266

    Posted On:
    1/26/2010 3:49pm


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    I think he had to shoot some guys in "Heart of Dragon" as well, but it's been a while since I've seen it.
    Jackie did a RNC in the beginning of Heart Of The Dragon.
  5. Hooded Justice is offline
    Hooded Justice's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Redmond, WA
    Posts
    926

    Posted On:
    1/26/2010 4:34pm


     Style: Justice/Firearms

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think that if you have to look that hard for a body count for Jackie Chan it means that in general he doesn't "kill" people in his movies. Now Jet Li is all about fucking dudes up but his movies usually have more of a deeper meaning while Jackie's are more physical comedies.
  6. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,996

    Posted On:
    1/26/2010 5:19pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooded Justice View Post
    I think that if you have to look that hard for a body count for Jackie Chan it means that in general he doesn't "kill" people in his movies.
    It isn't hard he has done well to make people forget. People forget the movies he starred in and didn't have the control he has now.

    He killed people on a level of Jet Li in the beginning of his career.
  7. Elemental Fist is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    266

    Posted On:
    1/26/2010 5:38pm


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    It isn't hard he has done well to make people forget. People forget the movies he starred in and didn't have the control he has now.

    He killed people on a level of Jet Li in the beginning of his career.
    And my God, did those early movies suck? By that point Lo Wei's collaboration with Bruce Lee in Chinese Connection and Fist Of Fury were the biggest success he ever had and after Lee went on to do his own thing with Way Of The Dragon, Wei has been releasing pretty lackluster films that bombed and unfortunately Jackie was a major victim of this. In fact I don't really see Lo Wei as a "good" director.
    Last edited by Elemental Fist; 1/26/2010 5:44pm at .
  8. Yoj is offline
    Yoj's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,825

    Posted On:
    1/26/2010 6:11pm


     Style: Aikijujutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just watched Rush Hour, Gene Lebell appears as a taxi driver and uses a gun to control Jackie Chan, I think that says it all.
  9. JudOWNED is offline
    JudOWNED's Avatar

    北斗十字固拳

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Judo Heaven
    Posts
    1,355

    Posted On:
    1/26/2010 6:37pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jackie has never been a killing machine like some action stars. But he's always killed a few guys here and there in his movies. Or at least, one can assume he did when he shot them or threw them off a roof or what have you. And I'm not even talking the Lo Wei stuff. I mean like in the Police Story franchise.
    Last edited by JudOWNED; 1/26/2010 6:45pm at .
  10. mrblackmagic is offline
    mrblackmagic's Avatar

    My pleasure.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    right behind you.
    Posts
    3,404

    Posted On:
    1/26/2010 7:25pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: yang taichi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by honest_truth View Post

    Back on topic though, he probably views actual MMA as too violent because it looks violent, eventhough as pointed out already, it is safer than boxing.
    What constitutes "violent?"
    Sumus extra manum tuam.
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.