225325 Bullies, 4372 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 157
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Hiro Protagonist is offline
    Hiro Protagonist's Avatar

    Has entered Barovia...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,460

    Posted On:
    1/20/2010 3:27am

    supporting member
     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwan_dao View Post
    Fully agreed.

    I would like to see the community go a step further though. There are people on this board who actually know "stuff" about swordfighting. Some of us here are instructors.

    Why not give him some well meaning help? A few tips here and there?

    Not because he will become the worlds greatest swordfighter, but because physical practice, especially in arts which need good coordination, can help fighting the effects of asperger syndrome.

    /end of do-goodery

    Now get back to mocking mountain ninja nerds. I need some lulz.
    That. How do?
  2. kwan_dao is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    257

    Posted On:
    1/20/2010 4:00am


     Style: sambo, stuff

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    That. How do?
    I need to tell you how to mock mountainous? :toothy10:

    If someone wants to help swordboy, I guess PMing the sister would be best. Youtube-comments is a minefield of idiocy.

    Link to her account: http://www.youtube.com/user/RandomVideoDump

    Link to PM her: http://www.youtube.com/inbox?to_user...tion_compose=1

    Maybe we could also invite her to Bullshido and make a thread were people can kinda "donate" some of their knowledge and give helpfull tips?
  3. Larus marinus is offline
    Larus marinus's Avatar

    Banzai Buddy

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    3,066

    Posted On:
    1/20/2010 4:44am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Nothing - yet

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwan_dao View Post
    I need to tell you how to mock mountainous? :toothy10:

    If someone wants to help swordboy, I guess PMing the sister would be best. Youtube-comments is a minefield of idiocy.

    Link to her account: http://www.youtube.com/user/RandomVideoDump

    Link to PM her: http://www.youtube.com/inbox?to_user...tion_compose=1

    Maybe we could also invite her to Bullshido and make a thread were people can kinda "donate" some of their knowledge and give helpfull tips?
    Sounds reasonable to me. Maybe someone here will know of (or be) a good sword instructor in the kid's area?

    That's not her account, btw - it's someone who found the video and reuploaded it.

    This is the person we should be contacting:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/sesshylover125
    http://www.youtube.com/inbox?to_user...tion_compose=1
    Last edited by Larus marinus; 1/20/2010 4:52am at .
  4. littleoldme is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    677

    Posted On:
    1/20/2010 4:56am


     Style: bagua

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Ronin View Post
    If this video was of anyone else, I'd no doubt be laughing my arse off. But all I see here is a mentally ill kid, or a young man, trying to escape reality for alittle bit by pretending his a Samurai the likes of which he's seen on TV or from a computer game.
    There is no sport in mocking him, and doing so does nothing the further the mission of Bullshido.
    He's having fun, and not hurting anyone. Lets not kick over his sandcastle, and just let him be.

    ^^^
    this
  5. stealth_monkey is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    107

    Posted On:
    1/20/2010 5:53am


     Style: Kendo, Iaido, BJJ noob

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While a hilarious vid, it strikes me as almost too perfect. My money would be on a staged video trying to do the viral thing
  6. Whacker is offline
    Whacker's Avatar

    Pulling mount since '09

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,295

    Posted On:
    1/20/2010 6:38am


     Style: jits da variedade brasile

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwan_dao View Post
    Fully agreed.

    I would like to see the community go a step further though. There are people on this board who actually know "stuff" about swordfighting. Some of us here are instructors.

    Why not give him some well meaning help? A few tips here and there?

    Not because he will become the worlds greatest swordfighter, but because physical practice, especially in arts which need good coordination, can help fighting the effects of asperger syndrome.

    /end of do-goodery

    Now get back to mocking mountain ninja nerds. I need some lulz.
    I also support this idea.

    My two cents though, I think the biggest thing we could help do is convince the sister that she's never going to fight 'teh internet' and win. Deleting comments or disabling them won't fix anything, and this has undoubtedly already been saved and might make it's way around. She needs to learn that the rest of the world is not a kind place, and that posting vids of oneself will always lead to potential mocking and ridicule, regardless of one's personal circumstances.
  7. XXIV is offline
    XXIV's Avatar

    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Mount Olive, NJ
    Posts
    541

    Posted On:
    1/20/2010 10:34am

    supporting member
     Style: Jits [2 Stripe White]

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwan_dao View Post
    Fully agreed.

    I would like to see the community go a step further though. There are people on this board who actually know "stuff" about swordfighting. Some of us here are instructors.

    Why not give him some well meaning help? A few tips here and there?

    Not because he will become the worlds greatest swordfighter, but because physical practice, especially in arts which need good coordination, can help fighting the effects of asperger syndrome.
    Just don't try to do that **** with Mountainous. When I, in a friendly tone, suggested Mountainous find a good Iaido school to hone his skills in what he obviously loves, he sent me this PM. Literally:

    "
    stop being gay
    stop it stop it middle finger"

    Seriously.

    As for helping the original kid, provided it's not a total viral fake, I'm all for it.
  8. Tom .C is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,127

    Posted On:
    1/20/2010 10:49am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pezzle View Post
    Just don't try to do that **** with Mountainous. When I, in a friendly tone, suggested Mountainous find a good Iaido school to hone his skills in what he obviously loves, he sent me this PM. Literally:

    "
    stop being gay
    stop it stop it middle finger"

    Seriously.

    As for helping the original kid, provided it's not a total viral fake, I'm all for it.
    This is what I enjoy most about "Mountainnuts"
  9. Drake LaMancha is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    shawnee kansas
    Posts
    289

    Posted On:
    1/20/2010 11:58am


     Style: TKD/karate/jkd noob

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well actually I posted to him apparently in the wrong spot but will redo I gave hime what little expertise I had on the subject along with the suggestion he join a Kendo or Fencing class, a supportive statement to keep up with the exercise and a strong admonition about never using real swords. I guess I must thank you for pointing out where the real video is so I can put my post in the right place. but I agree he is just having fun and at least he is getting exercise.
  10. Ducktoes is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    59

    Posted On:
    1/20/2010 12:28pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MSR Iaido, HNIR Kenjutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does Mountainous have a job?
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.