Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2010 11:48am

Style: Kendo, Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by aznraven View Post
    EHHH FATASS???

Hopefully going into the army soon will help with that lol, I do a lot of cardio at Shito-ryu, just that I eat 2 big meals after :P
    That wasn't aimed at you; It was an expression of my desire for there to be another member of the Bullshido forums in Tucson with a similar build to mine in order to accommodate an even matchup: Six feet tall and a fatass.

Also, keep your hands up; Feints and distractions are fine, but make them closer to head level in case your opponent ignores them and just kicks you in the ear. Happens to me all the time.
    Last edited by ironcastknight; 1/17/2010 11:49am at . Reason: lol grammar

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2010 12:11pm

Style: Wing Chun Kuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1point2 View Post
    What do you mean?
    IIF cleared it perfectly, out-of-shape and out-of-it MA is both out-of-shape and out-of-it.

Basically if I was doing MT or KK and the shape I was in and the last spar was in 1996, I would get pwnt WC or no WC.

Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    He is trying to justify his current training.
    Yes, it would. I'm glad you guys sparred. Remember I have read your posts. Sparring doesn't stay with you forever. Your skills do erode the less you do. MT and KK would have you sparring on a regular basis.

Yes, a regular basis makes a difference.
    Yeah, some things stay with you, I am a southpaw, from the video, my defence/offence on the left side is being virtually non-existant this was even in the Ashihara days. More homework for me, lol. Good times.

Too bad we couldn't hang around for a chat/meal.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2010 12:31pm

Style: ShinKyokushin/Shitoryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ironcastknight View Post
    That wasn't aimed at you; It was an expression of my desire for there to be another member of the Bullshido forums in Tucson with a similar build to mine in order to accommodate an even matchup: Six feet tall and a fatass.

Also, keep your hands up; Feints and distractions are fine, but make them closer to head level in case your opponent ignores them and just kicks you in the ear. Happens to me all the time.
    I see what you're saying, might be beneficial to do it higher, in point sparring I put my hands all the way down though, as I wait for the player to go for a head punch or kick and i step back and score or go down and score.

It is a good way to score in competitions but I got knocked out twice in sparring because my mates know what I'm like :X

Posted On:
    1/17/2010 12:40pm

Join us... or die
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Good sparring! I think the main things I noticed were just because of difference in style. I would keep you hands up a lot higher, but I understand that you are used to point sparring. I think you should throw more full contact sparring into the mix. It will change your whole stance. The kicks were cool looking but why no leg kicks?

I think the hands up problem is just a difference in style. I mean, why would you care about protecting your head if there are no head punching?

Whathappened, didn't really see much. Looked like you were defending the centerline and couldn't find openings. Is that right?

Props to both for stepping up to show your stuff!!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2010 12:57pm

Style: Kendo, Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke View Post
    I think the hands up problem is just a difference in style. I mean, why would you care about protecting your head if there are no head punching?
    Because, provided one is only fighting standup, most decently trained fighters can kick their opponent in the face before they can block unless their arms are up near their head already. I speak from personal experience, considering that I've been kicked repeatedly in the face by teenage Filipino girls, Kyokushin karateka of most levels up to and including the 2nd dan instructor who almost knocked me the **** out with a light tap(by his standards), and my 5'4" Japanese sempai in Enshin, and all because I didn't have my hands up to block.

Just because it isn't a punch doesn't mean you shouldn't protect against it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2010 1:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke View Post
    Whathappened, didn't really see much. Looked like you were defending the centerline and couldn't find openings. Is that right?

Props to both for stepping up to show your stuff!!
    Literally. I can't see my palm clearly beyond eight inches.

I couldn't find any openings precisely because he stayed out of range of my hop-in (homework) range of 2"5', and he was usually out of range before I could throw the 2nd strike. So good on him. heh.

Getting into striking range wasn't so bad with the MT guy, until he hit my nuts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2010 1:28pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To try and summarize w/o sounding like a douche,
    I brought a shotgun to a sniper fight.:angry7:

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    1/17/2010 3:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    More leg kicks, from everyone. You don't have to go hard, but I feel like that should be your jab at this extended range. Push kicks, too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2010 7:03pm

Style: ShinKyokushin/Shitoryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lol, I did do leg kicks when it got close, 1 at the start 2 near the end, somehow they look non existent in the video but I assure you it was a heavy hit, I only used it to keep Whathappened back.

Btw, Senpai from Enshin, I don't spar this way when fighting in Kyokushin, nothing against Whathappened but I didn't feel any pressure at all from the outside.

It was fun, and anyone stopping by in Singapore should hit me up, I'll gladly have another session :D

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/17/2010 10:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    whathappened- if youve been sparring and training since 1995, and thats what you have to show for it, you need to find a new style. seriously.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast