Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    1/16/2010 8:35pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Conde Koma's Competition Footage

Cool, I finally found where the comp footage forum is.

This is from a novice tournament hosted by my dojo back in October, I think. Two rounds competing, got my butt kicked both times.

Competing as white
    YouTube- West Covina Rd 1 White

Competing as blue
    YouTube- West Covina Rd 2 Blue

Comments and critiques would be great. I don't think I've progressed much from then, especially since I've been out of training for a while. Should be starting back up next month when I move back to the Bay, pointers on what to focus on would be great.

I've got some footage of a team tournament from the next month, but Premier won't recognize it for some reason. I'll post it up here eventually.

Posted On:
    1/16/2010 9:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you know your first opponent's rank? He seemed bigger and more experienced.

Second match, I was impressed that they gave you so much newaza time. It didn't seem like a bad triangle setup. My noob-to-noob advice on finishing it is to A) kill his posture and B) "walk" your shoulders backwards with a backstroke motion as he stacks like that.

What throws are working for you in randori these days?
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    1/17/2010 2:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think the first guy was a wrestler or something, because he was a bit of a noob spaz. If you notice, he's not really versed in tournament procedure, and didn't even know to stop when the ref called ippon.

Yeah, the second guy I should have controlled him a bit more. I think I got a bit too excited trying to finish the choke, and he managed to just break himself out of it. Another guy off to the side came up to me said it would have worked if my legs were a bit longer, which led to me pondering the whole body types question.

I've been working a lot on hip throws lately, but I haven't had hard randori against someone my size in a long time. My dojo is mostly kids, with usually one or two people between 18-25, and everyone else being in the 40+ range. I'm going for my last practice on Tuesday, since I'll be moving up north next Saturday.