Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2010 5:29pm

Style: Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 7thSamurai View Post
    The thread derail should be culled and a new thread opened up to address the posts dealing with the off-topic posts.
    Sounds good to me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2010 5:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BadUglyMagic View Post
    Too many toxic chemicals. The old ladies would probably pass out wearing the suits.

LOL

Are you planning on attending? You could share ideas on planning and exercises for family members/friends who would not engage threats but would avoid and evade.
    VA is a little far for me. Maybe a WC version. I have a really cool FO simulator. We run mostly LE/Mil guys, but occasionally cilvilians. Even a couple of actors who want to look better in the movies.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    1/06/2010 8:29pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by beringc View Post
    Here you go slick, "YES"
    ok, good. so we have established that you are a bigot, and a LEO. what a great combination. i guess the background check failed us and you slipped through.

You obviously skipped a few courses yourself. Logic? My man, you are delusional. If most of our killing is done in the name of religion, be it in the name of Christ or Allah, **** is fucked up.
    what is that even supposed to mean? did you make a point?

in what way am i delusional? in what way is my logic flawed? be specific, please.

So take your social justice grade school bleeding heart liberal agenda and shove it up your ass. Go be a sheep and let someone else guard the herd.
    i love you too, cupcake.

it would be nice if you could actually make an *argument* about how muslim americans don't deserve the same rights as christian americans, because that's the issue at hand.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    1/06/2010 9:49pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So take your social justice grade school bleeding heart liberal agenda and shove it up your ass. Go be a sheep and let someone else guard the herd.
    I sure as **** wouldn't want someone like you guarding the herd, since you've clearly stated that you think some animals are more equal than others.

Come to think of it, I've never seen or heard the phrase "bleeding heart liberal" used by someone who wasn't either a fucktard or seeking to manipulate fucktards.
    Quote Originally Posted by 7thSamurai View Post
    The thread derail should be culled and a new thread opened up to address the posts dealing with the off-topic posts.
    Agreed, is there a moderator in the house?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 12:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    ok, good. so we have established that you are a bigot, and a LEO. what a great combination. i guess the background check failed us and you slipped through.
    Again your assumptions are off target.

what is that even supposed to mean? did you make a point?
    You wanted one word answers now you want explanations? How about you answer this; Do you think killing in the name of Christ is is more justifiable than killing in the name of any other religion? Just because other religions have commited acts throughout history doesn't make it right.

in what way am i delusional? in what way is my logic flawed? be specific, please.
    You are delusional to think that certain members of society based on affiliation alone, whether religion, social group, etc should not be discriminated against. Yes, there is Title 18, but is an artifact of a idealistic and naive culture.

it would be nice if you could actually make an *argument* about how muslim americans don't deserve the same rights as christian americans, because that's the issue at hand.
    Obviously you are missing my *point*, neither group deserve special rights, if at the end of the day, they have killing folks in their agenda.

I hate to develop any type of reconcilitory tone based on your posts (and others), but I think you are taking all my statements as racist, bigot, whatever. You are completely wrong. We are all so PC these days, we inadvertantly and automatically grant special rights to certain groups. All I ask is that we apply scrutiny to that concept.

Why the post got so derailed is beyond me. It is a valid concern to only share training with people who will not abuse it. This is true for MA, firearms or whatever.

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 1:01pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lord skeletor, i am sorry about the derail and hope these posts get moved to their own thread, as i feel this topic is worth discussing.

Again your assumptions are off target.
    i don't think so. it's very binary. either you think that it's ok to discriminate against someone based on their choice of religion, or you don't. you said that you feel that muslims shouldn't have access to the same freedoms as other americans. that makes you a bigot. i can't make it any simpler than that.

you are taking the actions of a small group and projecting them onto an extremely large group. that's about as fair as someone saying that all cops are racist and corrupt based on the actions of a few officers in the LAPD.

You wanted one word answers now you want explanations? How about you answer this; Do you think killing in the name of Christ is is more justifiable than killing in the name of any other religion? Just because other religions have commited acts throughout history doesn't make it right.
    i wanted a yes/no answer because i had asked a simple question and got a bunch of poorly thought out and irrelevant rhetoric in return. once i got you to answer the question i raised, it became clear what your views are.

i don't think that killing in the name of any religion is right. my point is that singling out islam as a religion that supports killing of others is ignoring the fact that just about every religion has been used as an excuse to kill people, and is a justification of denying constitutional rights to citizens based on their religion. that is *wrong* under the beliefs this country was founded on, and as a LEO you should understand that.

You are delusional to think that certain members of society based on affiliation alone, whether religion, social group, etc should not be discriminated against. Yes, there is Title 18, but is an artifact of a idealistic and naive culture.
    that's called freedom of religion and is protected by the constitution. i don't like organized religion at all. i think that religious zealots cause all sorts of problems, and wish that religion would go away, *however* i support the rights of people to practice whatever religion they please as long as that practice doesn't infringe on the freedoms of others.

you may be in favor of giving up our civil liberties in order to "fight terrorism" but i am not. when we give up our civil liberties, we give up everything that this country stands for, and it sickens me to see people readily give up their rights because some terrorist made them scared.

if you have evidence that an individual has committed acts of terrorism or has been involved in planning such acts, then by all means they deserve to lose some of their rights. if you want to take away rights from all muslims, then you are un-american and seem to be endorsing some sort of facist state.

Obviously you are missing my *point*, neither group deserve special rights, if at the end of the day, they have killing folks in their agenda.
    so please show me where in the mainstream muslim "agenda" killing people is spelled out. and before you spout some bits from the koran, look for something that isn't similarly said in the bible (both books are full of that stuff.) i am talking about non-radical muslim clerics endorsing jihad.

I hate to develop any type of reconcilitory tone based on your posts (and others), but I think you are taking all my statements as racist, bigot, whatever. You are completely wrong. We are all so PC these days, we inadvertantly and automatically grant special rights to certain groups. All I ask is that we apply scrutiny to that concept.
    this isn't about giving anyone "special" rights. please point out where anyone on here has advocated that. this is about extending the same rights to everyone who has not done something specific to cause them to lose those rights.

Why the post got so derailed is beyond me. It is a valid concern to only share training with people who will not abuse it. This is true for MA, firearms or whatever.
    of course that is a valid concern. the issue is that you want to use someone's status as a LEO/military to validate them, and most alarmingly use someone's status as a muslim (or a sikh for some reason) to exclude them.

do you get it now?
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 1:06pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually, the belief that he and I (seem to) share is that no one should be discriminated against based solely on affiliation. Notice how that is different from "certain people shouldn't be discriminated against."
    Damn, you must really hate the GI Bill.
    We are all so PC these days, we inadvertantly and automatically grant special rights to certain groups. All I ask is that we apply scrutiny to that concept.
    I have tried, for several minutes, to imagine an example of the American public inadvertently granting rights; I just can't do it. The granting of rights is a deliberate action. Did you have a more specific example in mind, like "those evil cripples and their handicapped parking spaces?"
    It is a valid concern to only share training with people who will not abuse it. This is true for MA, firearms or whatever.
    So are the people who won't abuse combat training a special group? Should we scrutinize why those people are given the right to train in martial techniques while others are left at the mercy of those who have received the training? Exactly how much faith should be put in a governing body's ability to predict a person's future behavior? Have you ever heard of the Stanford prison experiment, or Star-Bellied Sneetches?

EDIT: Ditto on what Ming Loyalist said in the post above this. On that note: I sincerely apologize for feeding the troll in your thread, Lord Skeletor.
    Last edited by Robstafarian; 1/07/2010 1:10pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 8:20pm

Style: Krav Maga/ Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BadUglyMagic View Post
    That is a valid concern. Looking at it though, how many bangers are likely to show? Also, if really becomes a concern, those who are without appropriate ID could be background checked and waivered prior. Yes, there would be a fee involved.

If you are single fill and flow may not be necessary. If yo have a family, imo, having a coordinated f-n-f for evacuation or defense is a good idea. Most of the skills have another side to the coin if only for awareness, evasion and escape.
    Depending on how many people there are I'd be glad to do this gratis if it's less then 5 people and for flat cost if there's more then 5 people. Skel if you want this shoot me a PM and i'll get you my contact information to provide proof of my credentials as a Lic. PI. and to work out the details.

Though i would want Sam browning recommendation on if a standard background waver would be applicable, and any other legal SNAFU's i might be missing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 8:47pm

Style: Ninjutsu/Isshinryu/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lord S.,
    This is an extremely generous offer and I hope to meet you in August. Considering I already owe you for your advice on another thread, I'll supply some extra rounds or at least some good beers (after shooting) if I can make the trip.

Best Regards

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 9:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ditto on what Ming Loyalist said in the post above this. On that note: I sincerely apologize for feeding the troll in your thread, Lord Skeletor.
    I'll wait for the new thread since both of these guys moral compass seems to be bent.
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456 7891016 ... LastLast