223507 Bullies, 3588 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 41 to 50 of 293
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Robstafarian is offline
    Robstafarian's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,823

    Posted On:
    1/05/2010 5:50pm


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor View Post
    Lots of good stuff
    This sounds more interesting to me than what I initially thought you were going to teach. However, that doesn't enhance my ability to show for this gathering.

    Are members welcome to PM you (within reason) to arrange some kind of private lesson (inasmuch as these skills can be taught without a squad)? I might have the time, funds, and travel capacity to visit next year and I'd be very interested in the movement-based work.
      #41
  2. Wounded Ronin is offline
    Wounded Ronin's Avatar

    ...is THE PENETRATOR

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,815

    Posted On:
    1/05/2010 7:56pm

    supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by beringc View Post
    Why are you showing these types of tactics to civilians? If I want to defend my home, I don't need to practice fill and flow.

    No problem if you restrict training to Military/LE, but I'm a little concerned about civilians practicing raid techniques.
    Hey, man, I don't even have a single traffic ticket! :(
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29
      #42
  3. Phrost is offline
    Phrost's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 1998
    Location
    Cow Town
    Posts
    19,109

    Posted On:
    1/05/2010 8:33pm

    Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wish everyone capable adult in the United States could attend training like this.
      #43
  4. beringc is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    92

    Posted On:
    1/06/2010 11:11am


     Style: Jujitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    so, let me see if i understand your argument here:



    uhhh, why? cause LEOs and military guys have never misused their training, ever, right? no one who wears a badge or uniform could be a bad man!!! bzzz. wrong. try again.



    uhh? what the **** did the sikhs ever do to you? are you really that ignorant or was that supposed to be some sort of lame attempt at a joke? assuming that you don't know the difference between a sikh and a muslim, what if a muslim wanted to take part in this? would you deny them based on religion?

    FYI, there are some checks and balances in the the LE/Mil arena.. like background checks. Do bad cops exist, sure. That's not my argument.

    As for your other concern, how do you think the flight instuctor feels that provided training for the 911 crew? If your religion includes killing people, then yeah I have a problem with you.
      #44
  5. beringc is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    92

    Posted On:
    1/06/2010 11:16am


     Style: Jujitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 7thSamurai View Post
    Watch out for racist cops.
    Yeah, nice assumption, but wrong. Everyone's just so PC these days they cant see the forest.
      #45
  6. beringc is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    92

    Posted On:
    1/06/2010 11:40am


     Style: Jujitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lord S,

    Thanks for the additional info. I'm with you, I think citizens should arm themselves and have the right to do so. They need training to increase their survival chances. I have two years less than you in the field. With your 18, I'm sure you'll be able to recognize a sociopath. Like the HA who went thru the entire LAPD academy undetected.

    If the plan was to focus on escape, rescue, etc... sounds good. I just have visions of the neighborhood watch doing a meth lab.
    I do a little training myself and one of the best illustrations is the OD/LE guy. Normally you have all your safety gear when on patrol. So how do you react when you are confronted with activity while OD. Further complications may be your family, nature of the crime, etc..
      #46
  7. Ming Loyalist is offline
    Ming Loyalist's Avatar

    solves problems with violence

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,301

    Posted On:
    1/06/2010 11:53am

    supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by beringc View Post
    FYI, there are some checks and balances in the the LE/Mil arena.. like background checks. Do bad cops exist, sure. That's not my argument.
    background checks are not foolproof, and are subjective and of course biased as hell. plenty of people who have passed background checks have gone on to do terrible things.

    As for your other concern, how do you think the flight instuctor feels that provided training for the 911 crew? If your religion includes killing people, then yeah I have a problem with you.
    flight instructor argument is a strawman argument, and a poor one at that. it implies that you don't think muslims should be allowed to take flight training either. is that the case?

    just so we're clear here, you seem to be saying that you endorse discrimination based on religion. are you saying that? a yes or no, please, i don't want to hear about how the flight training instructor feels, because it isn't relevant.

    you say that you have a problem with religions that "include killing people". so you have a problem with the catholic church, eh? ever hear of the crusades? the inquisition? hell, ever read the old testament? are you really so dense that you think this boils down to a "religion of love" and a "religion of killing"?

    i really wish they made logic courses required for getting out of high school in this country, for obvious reasons to anyone reading this thread.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj
      #47
  8. BadUglyMagic is offline
    BadUglyMagic's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    393

    Posted On:
    1/06/2010 12:47pm


     Style: slackerjitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by beringc View Post
    I just have visions of the neighborhood watch doing a meth lab...
    Too many toxic chemicals. The old ladies would probably pass out wearing the suits.


    Quote Originally Posted by beringc View Post
    I do a little training myself and one of the best illustrations is the OD/LE guy....

    Are you planning on attending? You could share ideas on planning and exercises for family members/friends who would not engage threats but would avoid and evade.
      #48
  9. 7thSamurai is offline
    7thSamurai's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    730

    Posted On:
    1/06/2010 2:42pm


     Style: BJJ, Striking, TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thread derail should be culled and a new thread opened up to address the posts dealing with the off-topic posts.
      #49
  10. beringc is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    92

    Posted On:
    1/06/2010 4:59pm


     Style: Jujitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    background checks are not foolproof, and are subjective and of course biased as hell. plenty of people who have passed background checks have gone on to do terrible things.



    flight instructor argument is a strawman argument, and a poor one at that. it implies that you don't think muslims should be allowed to take flight training either. is that the case?

    just so we're clear here, you seem to be saying that you endorse discrimination based on religion. are you saying that? a yes or no, please, i don't want to hear about how the flight training instructor feels, because it isn't relevant.

    you say that you have a problem with religions that "include killing people". so you have a problem with the catholic church, eh? ever hear of the crusades? the inquisition? hell, ever read the old testament? are you really so dense that you think this boils down to a "religion of love" and a "religion of killing"?

    i really wish they made logic courses required for getting out of high school in this country, for obvious reasons to anyone reading this thread.
    Here you go slick, "YES"

    You obviously skipped a few courses yourself. Logic? My man, you are delusional. If most of our killing is done in the name of religion, be it in the name of Christ or Allah, **** is fucked up.

    So take your social justice grade school bleeding heart liberal agenda and shove it up your ass. Go be a sheep and let someone else guard the herd.
      #50
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.