224865 Bullies, 3155 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 40 of 293
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. 7thSamurai is offline
    7thSamurai's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    730

    Posted On:
    1/01/2010 6:30pm


     Style: BJJ, Striking, TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor View Post
    But...do you give better footrubs than Phrost does? That's the REAL QUESTION, sir!
    I have softer hands. I moisturize.
      #31
  2. Lord Skeletor is offline
    Lord Skeletor's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Snake Mountain, Eternia
    Posts
    648

    Posted On:
    1/02/2010 12:18pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 7thSamurai View Post
    I have softer hands. I moisturize.
    <perk> :lookround
      #32
  3. Ming Loyalist is offline
    Ming Loyalist's Avatar

    solves problems with violence

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,330

    Posted On:
    1/02/2010 8:27pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how much should we be looking to spend on a pair of airsoft guns? the ones i see (even at wall mart) are $170+ each. is there a "good enough" version that is super cheap?

    i may be able to borrow some from my friend, but i was just curious.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj
      #33
  4. Wounded Ronin is offline
    Wounded Ronin's Avatar

    ...is THE PENETRATOR

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,815

    Posted On:
    1/02/2010 8:28pm

    supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he just means you need something that resembles a firearm and can shoot little balls.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29
      #34
  5. Lord Skeletor is offline
    Lord Skeletor's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Snake Mountain, Eternia
    Posts
    648

    Posted On:
    1/05/2010 12:22am

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
    how much should we be looking to spend on a pair of airsoft guns? the ones i see (even at wall mart) are $170+ each. is there a "good enough" version that is super cheap?

    i may be able to borrow some from my friend, but i was just curious.

    Dude...get a cheap, "hop" up air pistol for like $5.00. You can get any number of air rifles for like $8-9 bucks. Don't go crazy, man.
    http://www.hobbytron.com/AirsoftPistols.html

    they've got all kinds of cheap ****. Just remember...as long as you can pull the trigger, you'll be fine. I'll have an equipment list posted in a couple of weeks when we finalize the dates.
      #35
  6. beringc is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    92

    Posted On:
    1/05/2010 10:56am


     Style: Jujitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor View Post
    Looks like we have a lot of people asking for August. Optimal would be Wed-Sun. We could train Wed, Thurs, Fri (with maybe a scenario thrown in on Friday evening), and finish up with a range day on Saturday, giving everyone a chance to get home on Sunday. A couple of people have asked already, but we're going to keep all training limited to airsoft weapons ONLY. Simply put...it's not that I don't trust you fuckers....but I don't trust you fuckers. :5flowerfa Given that the group spans from the very trained (military/LE guys) to the untrained (novice firearms users), we have to cater to the lowest common denominator to ensure safety. When you get home, you can put nearly all of these skills to use in protecting yourself, family, friends, and home during an emergency.

    Again, I don't ask for any sort of compensation....other than deciding what it is you want to shoot and perhaps shipping me out some ammo to help out the overall effort. I can't buy ammo for everyone because I'm a poor dude, but I can donate a little to the cause. I have nearly every manner of assault gun you can think of, some full autos, SBRS, handguns, shotguns, sniper guns, etc.

    I would put aside about $25.00 for an airsoft pistol and carbine (you can get these very cheap, either online or locally [Wal-Mar]). And perhaps a holster of some sort, preferably with a retention device (although not mandatory) and a FLASHLIGHT. DO NOT GO OUT AND SPEND A FUCKTON OF MONEY ON ANYTHING. That would defeat the purpose of helping you guys out, especially those with limited funds. YOU DON'T NEED TO SPEND MONEY TO GET GOOD TRAINING. Hell, if you can't afford a softair gun, fucking tell me, I'll find you something.
    __________________________________________________ ______

    Based upon y'alls requests, the class would look something like this (I can change it to accomodate what you guys want to do):

    Wednesday

    I. Introduction to Close Quarters Battle
    a. Weapons Selection/Usage/Retention
    b. Room Searches
    c. Building Searches
    d. Team Movement
    e. Vehicle Assaults

    Thursday

    II. Basic CQB
    a. Long Hallways
    b. Interconnecting Rooms
    c. Basic SWAT/CQB Problems (T-Intersections, 3/4-Way Intersections,
    L-Shaped Hallways, and Dead Ends)
    d. Stairways (Up and Down)
    e. Use of Force/Weapons Retention/Defensive Tactics

    Friday

    III. Low Light Operations
    a. Use of Flashlights/NVG-NODS/Lasers
    b. Team Movement at Night
    c. Low Light Survival
    d. Observational Drills/CQB Drills
    1. Team Scenario #1 (Lighted)
    2. Team Scenario #2 (Dark)

    Saturday

    IV. Range Day
    a. Shoot all kinds of ****
    b. Blow **** up


    If you noticed, most of this is structured around team concepts and working together. This is no accident. I'm going to throw you together as a team, we'll choose random team leaders as the day progresses, giving everyone a chance to lead and learn from both your own wins and failures---as well as those of your teammates. This is one of the best motivators out there to ensure that everyone understands the material and everyone can do what they've been taught.

    SOME/MANY of you might have seen/experienced stuff like this before...just try to roll with it, until we get everyone caught up and able to at least keep up with your skill level.

    So.....

    It's cool that you are offering to increase peoples skill for no money, and I'm sure everyone that will show or who inhabits this forum have the best intentions, BUT.....

    Why are you showing these types of tactics to civilians? If I want to defend my home, I don't need to practice fill and flow.

    No problem if you restrict training to Military/LE, but I'm a little concerned about civilians practicing raid techniques.

    However, blowing **** up is cool no matter who you are!

    I'm sure you'll use your best judgement on sharing. Watch out for turbans.
      #36
  7. BadUglyMagic is offline
    BadUglyMagic's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    393

    Posted On:
    1/05/2010 11:49am


     Style: slackerjitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by beringc View Post
    So.....

    It's cool that you are offering to increase peoples skill for no money, and I'm sure everyone that will show or who inhabits this forum have the best intentions, BUT.....

    Why are you showing these types of tactics to civilians? If I want to defend my home, I don't need to practice fill and flow.

    No problem if you restrict training to Military/LE, but I'm a little concerned about civilians practicing raid techniques.

    However, blowing **** up is cool no matter who you are!

    I'm sure you'll use your best judgement on sharing. Watch out for turbans.
    That is a valid concern. Looking at it though, how many bangers are likely to show? Also, if really becomes a concern, those who are without appropriate ID could be background checked and waivered prior. Yes, there would be a fee involved.

    If you are single fill and flow may not be necessary. If yo have a family, imo, having a coordinated f-n-f for evacuation or defense is a good idea. Most of the skills have another side to the coin if only for awareness, evasion and escape.
    Last edited by BadUglyMagic; 1/05/2010 12:00pm at . Reason: clarity and brevity
      #37
  8. Ming Loyalist is offline
    Ming Loyalist's Avatar

    solves problems with violence

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,330

    Posted On:
    1/05/2010 12:34pm

    supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by beringc View Post
    So.....

    It's cool that you are offering to increase peoples skill for no money, and I'm sure everyone that will show or who inhabits this forum have the best intentions, BUT.....

    Why are you showing these types of tactics to civilians? If I want to defend my home, I don't need to practice fill and flow.

    No problem if you restrict training to Military/LE, but I'm a little concerned about civilians practicing raid techniques.

    However, blowing **** up is cool no matter who you are!

    I'm sure you'll use your best judgement on sharing. Watch out for turbans.
    so, let me see if i understand your argument here:

    Quote Originally Posted by paraphrase of your argument
    1) LEO/military types are to be trusted, but not civilians.
    uhhh, why? cause LEOs and military guys have never misused their training, ever, right? no one who wears a badge or uniform could be a bad man!!! bzzz. wrong. try again.

    Quote Originally Posted by paraphrase of your argument
    2) people who wear turbans are not to be trusted.
    uhh? what the **** did the sikhs ever do to you? are you really that ignorant or was that supposed to be some sort of lame attempt at a joke? assuming that you don't know the difference between a sikh and a muslim, what if a muslim wanted to take part in this? would you deny them based on religion?
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj
      #38
  9. Lord Skeletor is offline
    Lord Skeletor's Avatar

    Welterweight

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Snake Mountain, Eternia
    Posts
    648

    Posted On:
    1/05/2010 12:45pm

    supporting member
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by beringc View Post
    So.....

    No problem if you restrict training to Military/LE, but I'm a little concerned about civilians practicing raid techniques.

    I'm sure you'll use your best judgement on sharing. Watch out for turbans.
    I've actually thought about what you're saying a great deal before this thing started; however...there are more than "just a few" circumstances where knowing how to walk down a dark hallway (or in fact with you and just somebody else--perhaps a wife or husband/friend) in a safe manner could go a long way towards saving not only your life, but a family member or friend's as well. Let's be honest...if you want to see "SWAT tactics"---hell, you can go train at nearly any of the larger "for profit schools" with absolutely no military or law enforcement credentials. They're simply after your money. If you're poor, simply log onto Youtube.com and you can watch SWAT/CQB instructional techniques all day long for weeks and still not be able to watch them all.

    I'm more of a libertarian than anything else. I don't think that the police should have access to anything that your ordinary citizen shouldn't have access to. Yeah...I've been an LEO for 18 years and I still feel that way. What I'm more about is helping to establish and foster a survival mindset, mental preparedness, and good situational awareness.
    I guess it's nothing more than your perspective and I appreciate your concern...however, I'm not teaching anti-cop/anti-soldier warfare, explosives deployment, ambush techniques, or anything of that nature. Simply how to move room-to-room in a safe, methodical manner (both lighted and in the dark), while emphasizing weapon retention, civil/criminal liability, and using firearms. Again...a million different scenarios in which you would want to clear your home, property, garages, or outbuildings--or protect yourself in a life-or-death type situation.

    Would I share something that might comprise the lives of a rescue team or soldier? It would depend again on your perspective. Nearly anyone could interpret any basic marksmanship class, carbine class, or anything like that to be "contrary to officer/soldier safety" if you just replaced your B27/IDPA/IPSC target with that of a cop/soldier. Many places can teach you the basics of handling a firearm safely. Many places can teach you to shoot the firearm and utilize it in a safe manner. But...what I'm more about is being able to take that idea of utilizing the firearm for defense, and put it in a more practical framework and kind of combine it into a team-building exercise.

    BTW, what I put up (on that proposed syllabus) is more or less something that I came up with on the spur of the moment. I've put a number of posts in here that I'd pretty much teach the guys/girls that showed up what they wanted to learn (within reason) and subject content was certainly up for discussion. However, I wouldn't necessarily include "room-to-room movement" in "raid techniques" per se. Raid techniques involve more command-level planning, target identification and surveillance, establishing/maintaining perimeters, communication, and of course...deployment. I just don't believe that simply teaching people to watch their backs, use cover, walk down hallways, how walk through doors where somebody bad might be hiding, and holding onto their weapons would necessarily endanger anyone.

    I do however plan to contact a couple of the admins here as the time for the planning stages of this comes to an end to get their assistance in ensuring that the people coming are certainly forum members here in good standing and that we don't end up with people that no one is familiar with or is an inflammatory shithead. :ninja7:
      #39
  10. 7thSamurai is offline
    7thSamurai's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    730

    Posted On:
    1/05/2010 3:01pm


     Style: BJJ, Striking, TKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by beringc View Post
    Watch out for turbans.
    Watch out for racist cops.
      #40
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.