Posted On:
    8/08/2010 2:33am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Brazillian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

this is whats up.

Quote Originally Posted by iniquity View Post
    Two or three of the instructors aren't pictured here. Due to the overwhelming and exhausting nature of 14+ hour training days, we weren't able to get the big group picture until the last day. I can't wait to see the pictures Stick took during the week. I haven't even left for home yet, and I demand this happen again next year. If nothing else, so this year's veterans can become next year's bad guys in the dark.
    Amen to this! i think afew ofyou could beassistantinstructors as well as you all did during training. next time this is brought to my attention im going to pull a Mcgyver with somethings to present a challege.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/08/2010 11:01am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright guys (and girls)...when you get home and get settled in, I would appreciate it if you could either email or PM me your email addresses (ones that you actually check), because I'm going to send you guys out an AAR/Class Critique that I'd like you to send out. I'd prefer anonymous, but I know that most people aren't going to go through the trouble of creating a shill email account just to send me something back. I should've had them available before camp started...but I was just too busy.

I'd appreciate it if you guys took a good 10-15 minutes and completely fill them out...they are tools that help me (and the other primary instructors) determine where my shortcomings or oversights were in regards to the training atmosphere and curriculum that you guys were exposed to. Thanks again for coming and I hope you all had/have a safe trip home!

Skel

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    8/08/2010 11:36am

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It was one hell of an experience, one of the best in my life. I could have paid thousands of dollars at a training institute and not gotten anything approaching the quality and detail level of the training from the past few days.
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Posted On:
    8/08/2010 2:49pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    It was one hell of an experience, one of the best in my life. I could have paid thousands of dollars at a training institute and not gotten anything approaching the quality and detail level of the training from the past few days.
    +1

Thank you again, Skeletor and crew, for the comprehensive defense training. It was VERY generous of you.

If any of you distribute or host pictures that are not linked here, would you mind PM'ing me a link or your email address?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/08/2010 3:29pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LimitedGovt View Post
    +1

Thank you again, Skeletor and crew, for the comprehensive defense training. It was VERY generous of you.

If any of you distribute or host pictures that are not linked here, would you mind PM'ing me a link or your email address?

I think that Stick took the most pictures...while Wes may have taken several.
    I'm sure that in the coming days when everyone gets home and settled, we'll have some pictures posted.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2010 6:56pm

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Amazing training. I was afraid I was going to be too overwhelmed with advanced stuff, but I think that there was plenty of catering to people like me with very little training. The material we went over will be well practiced. Thanks again to all the trainers.

My training to survive the zombie apocalypse / war with the machines has definitely gotten a wealth of new tactics to practice.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/08/2010 7:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EmetShamash View Post
    Amazing training. I was afraid I was going to be too overwhelmed with advanced stuff, but I think that there was plenty of catering to people like me with very little training. The material we went over will be well practiced. Thanks again to all the trainers.

My training to survive the zombie apocalypse / war with the machines has definitely gotten a wealth of new tactics to practice.

Well...a few people pulled me to the side and thanked us for starting slow and then picking up the pace when everyone was fully involved/caught up. We didn't honestly know what to expect, so we figured on catering to the "lowest common denominator" so to speak; for purely safety purposes. Everyone stepped up to the plate and really came together. I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself.

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    8/08/2010 8:34pm

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This was so bad ass I can't even begin to do it justice. Due to expense and life just having gotten busy I had pretty much put my interest in firearms as a hobby on hold. I used to go shooting every week but as of late I hadn't been shooting in probably 6 months or more. this completely re-sparked my interest in all things tacti-cool. I think I'm ready to get involved in an actual shooting sport now. Just trying to get smaller groups on a piece of paper from behind a bench isn't going to do it anymore.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    8/08/2010 10:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm really glad for my basically last minute decision to piss off my boss and take the week off to come to this, it totally blew away my expectations. I was totally not expecting this to be such a professional training course. This is the kind of thing I would expect to pay a lot of money to get to do. I definitely learned a lot and it really was a lot of fun. Lord Skeletor and the other instructors were all enormously helpful and seemed to be all around good people.

It was also really cool to meet the rest of you internet nerds that I hadn't met yet :)
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/09/2010 7:55am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity View Post
    This was so bad ass I can't even begin to do it justice. Due to expense and life just having gotten busy I had pretty much put my interest in firearms as a hobby on hold. I used to go shooting every week but as of late I hadn't been shooting in probably 6 months or more. this completely re-sparked my interest in all things tacti-cool. I think I'm ready to get involved in an actual shooting sport now. Just trying to get smaller groups on a piece of paper from behind a bench isn't going to do it anymore.
    You did really good, Kat. We were especially impressed that you were probably the only one (there might've been a couple others) that we saw who took the time to do proper weapon transitions (from rifle to pistol) during the CQB portion of the searches and your combat reloads on firearms day (Day 4) were fast. You would definitely do VERY WELL at an IDPA-style event...work on those combat reloads and the tactical reloads with retention. That's where most people lose/make up all of your time.
    If you decide to try combat shooting (like IDPA) keep us in the loop. We'll make sure you get moving in the right direction.
    BTW, tight groups are nice for target shooting. For combat shooting, we want to "spread the love"--everywhere from the hips to the heart/lungs to the head. What good does it do to put two bullets side by side through nearly the same bunch of tissue that you already destroyed with the previous bullet? Find some new "meat" to tenderize with your hollowpoints!

Quote Originally Posted by KidSpatula View Post
    I'm really glad for my basically last minute decision to piss off my boss and take the week off to come to this, it totally blew away my expectations. I was totally not expecting this to be such a professional training course. This is the kind of thing I would expect to pay a lot of money to get to do. I definitely learned a lot and it really was a lot of fun. Lord Skeletor and the other instructors were all enormously helpful and seemed to be all around good people.

It was also really cool to meet the rest of you internet nerds that I hadn't met yet :)
    Glad you could sneak out and make it Ashly. Sorry that your knee started hurting you a bit...but hey, when you're beating on people/training all of the time, you can't really control when your joints start to go bad all of the sudden like that. :icon_pale You did really great. You've got really good taste in firearms, too! Now get yourself a sight for your AXR and some spare mags for your Sig, and you'll be ready to go!

Here's that Vortex Sparc--- you can get two of them for the cost of one EoTech.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CDUQ8wIwAg#
    Last edited by Lord Skeletor; 8/09/2010 8:11am at .