Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 10:03pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really can't write everything I wanted to- childish letter home detailing first day at camp- on my cell phone and still get asleep early enough to be up at 6 for more awesome fun at Camp Skeletor!

A few things I take from today.
    -Communicate clearly with your team mates and try to have one of those plan things.
    -Geometry, cut off the enemy's angle of coverage through well covered team movement- see that first bit about communication and a plan.
    -Practice these tactics with whomever you believe you maybe seriously using them; going back to back through a room isn't going to work too well if you only ever did it once at camp.
    -Watch the hands, waistband, pockets and feet from a low ready once you've established dominance over and compliance from your target, but really mostly watch those hands as they are what will do the killing.
    -How to visually inspect the target and detain him till the police arrive- the knee on the back of the neck position with an arm bar was particularly satisfying.
    -How to use cover; stand back a bit, keep your arms in, don't hug the wall.
    -Tap, rack, bang... but for an AR-15 :-D
    -Flash light and gun positioning and use. The gun fighting understanding of light- which I found interesting to compare and contrast with the photography understanding of light.

There was plenty of retread on things I'd done before, but frankly I'd only ever done those things a few times before so I needed the refresher and I need a lot more practice.

Great first day at camp!
    Last edited by Stick; 8/04/2010 10:07pm at .

Posted On:
    8/05/2010 5:04pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So far today we've learned that Kat has stinky, stinky gas.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    8/05/2010 5:41pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And JNP is sexually excited by climbing.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    8/05/2010 9:07pm

Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    And JNP is sexually excited by climbing.
    Mental note, don't misuse words when telling a story around Plasma. Also, don't make a joke about the propane gas from AnnaT's airsoft gun around Stick.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/05/2010 9:10pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Day 2 of Camp Skeletor has come to a satisfying conclusion. Since we missed our practical flashlight demos last night, we started off with working the 5 basic flashlight holds/usage while doing some large room searches...rotating our techniques so everyone could get an opportunity to try each out for themselves. We then did a quick debrief of yesterday's training.

The real start of our day began on today's curriculum we split up into three groups. Each group worked on a specific method of training while we rotated to a new group every 90 minutes. We worked on basic close quarters battle methodologies including: open/closed doors with 2,3, and 4 man room entries, dealing with rooms within rooms, going up/down steps, long hallways, long corners, and deep corners. After a long lunch, we came back to large room entries, use of flashlights while room clearing and mass room entries. We then combined 14 people into one large team and cleared several long hallways and large rooms.

We took a dinner break and let it get dark...and once again combined our team into one large group and began clearing the large, cavernous, underground passageways which ran two sets of basements deep. I'm not exaggerating when I say that we cleared about 40 large rooms, stairwells, and passages; some as large as 120'x120'...all with interconnecting passageways and all pitch friggin' black...with the occasional, flickering overhead flourescent bulb. We cleared the both basements over the course of about 2 hours without catastrophic results, deaths, or accidental decapitations. A really great group effort. I simply can't wait until tomorrow when our "Force on Force" segment begins and our campers can really put together everything that we have taught them and hopefully are able to negotiate our obstacles without getting shot...well, too much anyways. =)

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    8/05/2010 9:46pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So much of what we are doing relies on shooting one handed while manipulating a light. I really did not train one handed shooting before but now I realize practicing it is indispensible.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    8/05/2010 10:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Mental note, don't misuse words when telling a story around Plasma. Also, don't make a joke about the propane gas from AnnaT's airsoft gun around Stick.
    Our maturity knows no limits.

Posted On:
    8/05/2010 11:07pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Second day of camp accomplished!

Lots of solid tactical team work I've never done before- great learning experience. Between hallways, rooms and stairs I think I would prefer being the last man on the end of 12 person double stack going down a hallway ;-)

There were a few instances where I felt the disadvantage of my vision, but I wasn't hurting nearly as bad as I'd feared.

Honestly though, the darker things got the more comfortable I was, and that hell hole we were in was DARK.

To give you an idea of what we were dealing with, I found a bloody machete on top of an empty 50 gallon chemical barrel in side a chain link fence partition of an underground, abandoned industrial complex. I half expected Leather Face to start picking us off one by one.

I'll try and get some good environment shots to give you all a better idea.

Eagerly looking forward to shooting and being shot at tomorrow.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/06/2010 5:34am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    Second day of camp accomplished!

Honestly though, the darker things got the more comfortable I was, and that hell hole we were in was DARK.

To give you an idea of what we were dealing with, I found a bloody machete on top of an empty 50 gallon chemical barrel in side a chain link fence partition of an underground, abandoned industrial complex. I half expected Leather Face to start picking us off one by one.
    Don't forget the human head I found...complete with most of its vascular system intact...dangling from its neck. LOL Man...I was not expecting that at all. =)

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    8/06/2010 10:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Breaking news!! Eye witnesses report a Chunner successfully snuck up, disarmed and shot a BJJer.