Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/03/2010 7:24pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ronin's plane just landed. I'm going to pick him up. It's 815PM EST. I'll ask him if you guys are going to meet up/eat dinner and I can drop him by the hotel.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    8/03/2010 7:41pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Skeletor View Post
    Hey....could one of you guys give Wounded Ronin a ride to the classroom portion tomorrow? He's flying in and doesn't have access to a vehicle. He's staying at your hotel.
    Nwp and myself can take him.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/03/2010 8:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp View Post
    Nwp and myself can take him.
    Not a problem. I think that he's actually going to ride out with me to help me set some stuff up tomorrow morning around 7AM. Get some extra sleep and you guys don't stay out so late. You're going to need rest. Lots of it! Trust me.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 5:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Camp---is now in session. Let the carnage begin!

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 11:49am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Camp---is now in session. Let the carnage begin!
    I'm a little jealous of this, but also a little tired of getting shot at. Have fun guys.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 8:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Day One of Camp Skeletor has come to an end, with no injuries, decapitations, or loss of limbs....however, there were independent (but unconfirmed) reports of carnage and mayhem afoot in the outside training areas.

We had a morning safety brief, weapons familiarization practical exercise with a large selection of the world's small arms, including battle rifles, submachineguns, semi-auto rifles, combat handguns and shotguns. We then moved on to assigning each of the "Campers" an AR15 and a Glock 17 to practice deployment drills, stance and posture checks, tactical reloads, combat reloads, use of cover, and weapons malfunction clearance drills.

We then moved on to shooting on the move, lateral and forward/backward movement exercises, stacking up for CQB, and practicing angular attacks with firearms in gunfighting exercises. We moved on to a short primer on combat shotguns, and live demonstrations of the "21 Foot Rule" as it pertains to edged weapons and firearms. Our "bad guy" came equipped with a 7,500 volt shock knife. Needless to say, I think that I saw every manner of flying attack, ninja roll, cartwheel and defensive posturing while shooting our resident madman with that knife before he "shocked" the crap out of you it. Mostly our "resident madman" ended up with a chest full of welts from close-range shots on his torso from airsoft weaponry. :ninja7:

We then moved on to discussions and exercises pertaining to room clearing exercises and cover/concealment presentations. We followed that up with a defensive tactics session dealing with pistol/rifle retention, takeaways, and controlling bad guys with weapons. We had a short lecture on low light survival and usage of flashlights...and we cut it off for the evening due to bad weather. We're getting up at 0700 tomorrow for our day/night of CQB training (about 13 hours worth). Should be a good day.

Everyone seems to be enjoying themselves and my instructors and I have enjoyed meeting you guys. We were even kind enough to mention Neal in one of our power points, but seeing as he wasn't present...he certainly missed our little jab at his expense. I'll be back tomorrow with more reports of doom and mayhem...and I believe that between Stick and Wezuri, we've got like 10,000 pictures of Day 1 for the archives.
    Last edited by Lord Skeletor; 8/04/2010 9:01pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 8:58pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Honestly I thought I would have been a bit bored but I have learned something from every instructor and can say I am glad to be here. I never thought I would enjoy myself with so many bullshido nerds.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 9:03pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chainpunch View Post
    Honestly I thought I would have been a bit bored but I have learned something from every instructor and can say I am glad to be here. I never thought I would enjoy myself with so many bullshido nerds.

Make no mistake, CP---we certainly appreciate your presence, your bringing all of that protective gear, and your military training to add to the mix. We appreciate your stepping in and filling voids within our group and your general overall help. This is by no means a 1-man operation. I couldn't do this thing without the assistance of 3-4 of my instructors and assistance. Your help was definitely noted and appreciated, bro.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 9:32pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We then moved on to assigning each of the "Campers" an AR15 and a Glock 17 to practice deployment drills, stance and posture checks, tactical reloads, combat reloads, use of cover, and weapons malfunction clearance drills.
    And shotgun as well!

For those of you who are jealous, he forgot to mention he piled 3 guys on top of us for 30 seconds and we had to fight to break away, run to a gun and shoot it at 2 guys. My back looks like I got raked across a cheese grater, lol.

PS. This **** is awesome. Great instructors, great classmates, all around really informative and fun experience.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    8/04/2010 9:51pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sometime during the "disarm opponent with long gun" exercise, I realized how lucky we as a bunch of civilians are to experience training like this.

A thousand thanks to Lord Skeletor and his fellow instructors for taking the time to teach us this material.
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152122232425 26272829 ... LastLast