Sponsored Links Spacer Image

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    12/17/2009 10:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Truthfully, I probably can't make it either way, but I'm trying to save up to go to D.C. in March and Tennessee in April, so no way I could swing it in April or May. August would be great for me.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    12/20/2009 2:38pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nwp View Post
    Are you going Grinch? Maybe we could collect a southern cartel
    Yes I plan on going. Carpooling sounds like a good idea. 7thSamurai had already mentioned this possibility, although depending on rates flying might be the way to go.

Posted On:
    12/20/2009 6:19pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not that I'll be able to attend this, since I'll be deployed again around that time, but it sounds like a really great opportunity. I do this kind of training fairly often, but from the military/CT side, and would absolutely love to see the SWAT/HRT perspective. I'll probably be stateside in August/Sept., but that's around my post deployment leave time, and I'm already booked for that. If someone wants to set up a paypal for Skeletor so people can help cover ammo or miscellaneous expenses, I'll definitely send him 50 or 100 bucks, just as a thank you for doing this, in the hope that he'll offer it again sometime that I can attend.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/20/2009 10:30pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    Not that I'll be able to attend this, since I'll be deployed again around that time, but it sounds like a really great opportunity. I do this kind of training fairly often, but from the military/CT side, and would absolutely love to see the SWAT/HRT perspective. I'll probably be stateside in August/Sept., but that's around my post deployment leave time, and I'm already booked for that. If someone wants to set up a paypal for Skeletor so people can help cover ammo or miscellaneous expenses, I'll definitely send him 50 or 100 bucks, just as a thank you for doing this, in the hope that he'll offer it again sometime that I can attend.

Bro...anything I can do to help prepare you for the likely shitstorm you're about to be exposed to, it'd be the least I can do to help you prepare. In my career, I've trained military personnel, federal agents, local cops, and even regular joes who wanted to learn something about trying to survive violent encounters. With the military, most of the training I do revolves around small unit tactics, building assaults, room searches, and hostage rescue. With the police...mostly just officer survival, cqb, and SWAT-related junk. I've had the privilege of training with military SRT teams and their counter narc guys so I've got a good idea of how their SWAT elements work and brother...believe me, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of anything those boys bring to the game. I feel like that if I can just impart 2-3 things in any training session that makes an impression on somebody enough to make something "go click" in their minds and remember...and better yet, use it to save their lives (or someone else's), I feel successful as an instructor. I've had the benefit of having been exposed to some great instructors, great mentors, and great men who have not only imparted knowledge, but have changed my whole world-outlook. Feel free to email me and get my contact info if you'd like to shoot the **** or if you have any questions: darkwaterz29@aol.com
    If any of you guys are within driving distance of SW Virginia...hit me up anytime. I've got access to a private range and a number of training sites...we can work on whatever you need to work on.

Posted On:
    12/20/2009 10:39pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks for the offer. I get the feeling that we have some friends in common, but just have never met.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/23/2009 12:12am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This sounds like a killer event, hope you guys can get it worked out and have a great time! Its a shame Australia is so far away...

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    12/23/2009 12:25pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by progdan View Post
    This sounds like a killer event, hope you guys can get it worked out and have a great time! Its a shame Australia is so far away...
    Just mail in some vegemite. :5hypnodis
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/23/2009 6:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    Just mail in some vegemite. :5hypnodis
    I will *not* work for a vegemite sandwich! lol :tinfoil:

Featherweight

Posted On:
    12/26/2009 3:47am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    haha too bad, lots of Vitamin B, it'll help you shoot better for sure! Might've been difficult to smuggle it into your country though... :eusa_thin

Welterweight

Posted On:
    12/28/2009 4:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    When vacation picks go around at work (normally 2nd week of January) I'll start posting some dates and we can kind of come to some sort of consensus.
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast