I do believe I'm going to enjoy this.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 7:40am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    FYI, For social and carpooling purposes, Stick and I will be at the Ramada Inn on Franklin Rd. We are checking in Tuesday evening (8/3) and leaving Sunday morning(8/8).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 12:22pm

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ack! I am coming I swear!

Lord Skeletor's awesome training and hospitality - Paid in sweat

Airsoft guns - $cheap

Travel - $$$ expensive

Getting to shoot you fuckers and get trained to do it better - *priceless*

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 12:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah, i had to do some number crunching, but despite the extremely high value/$ ratio, this will still be too expensive for me.

i don't have a car, and would have to rent one, bum a ride or fly. even if i bum a ride, gas will be expensive. then i have to pay for the hotel, and the airsoft guns. i could probably swing all that but i will be going to a week long judo camp in august that is also expensive and can't afford to do both.

i'm really bummed out that i can't make it to this but i have to be a realist.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 12:53pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP Updated.

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 9:44pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, this needs to be discussed as Plasma has asked for help in getting his hands on an airsoft gun, and the models he was looking at are all wrong. If someone mentioned this earlier in the thread I must have missed it.

Do not buy a CO2 powered gun.

Do not buy a gun that fires metal BBs.

For pistols, look for a gas blowback gun powered by green gas, red gas (HCFC-22) or purchase a propane adapter and simply use camp stove fuel you can buy in wal-mart, target, k-mart or other sporting goods stores. It should fire 6 or 8mm plastic BBs. Try and keep the feet per second to about 200-300, over 300 is going to leave a hell of a mark at real CQC range.

A good semi-automatic pistol with all metal or composite construction will cost about $100. The **** they sell at Wal-mart for less than $50 is just that, ****. You can get a decent all metal revolver for about $60-80, simpler parts than the automatics, I guess.

For shoulder weapons, you're looking for an AEG (automatic electric gun) shooting the same 6mm-8mm plastic BBs at 200-300ft/second. You can find a smaller submachine gun like the MP5K or MP7 for as little as $150, but generally these guns will run from $200-350 for quality.

Try redwolfairsoft.com

Some brands to look for: Tokyo Marui, KWA, KSC, Classic Army, Maruzen and if you feel like going all out Systema- yes, Systema, like the Russians.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 9:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We've got the pistols, but only one of our carbines can shoot light enough for CQC :(

Yay, airsoft! If we're gonna be shooting airsoft indoors, I say get the green gas rather than propane. Propane smells like farts and if we got a dozen people farting all over the halls, it's gonna get stinky.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    3/17/2010 10:10pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's probably a couple guides on-line to clocking your FPS down; any gun you have shooting over 300fps should be able to be geared down to a comfy level.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2010 9:42am

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just want to say to any person attending this event you do not have to buy an airsoft weapon at this time. At this time its completely optional. I talked to Lord Skeletor and the drills he will be instructing will be more dress rehearsal than full on force on force. For this there will be airsoft weapons available for you. Short of me dying or being a total flake there will be airsoft weapons.

If he allows full force on force either for fun or battle scenario then your own electric or gas weapons would be a real benefit to you.

So if you are on the fence about attending and you would show up because its 100 bucks less then dont worry about buying your own airsoft weapon.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    3/18/2010 2:19pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    Ok, this needs to be discussed as Plasma has asked for help in getting his hands on an airsoft gun, and the models he was looking at are all wrong. If someone mentioned this earlier in the thread I must have missed it.

Do not buy a CO2 powered gun.

Do not buy a gun that fires metal BBs.

For pistols, look for a gas blowback gun powered by green gas, red gas (HCFC-22) or purchase a propane adapter and simply use camp stove fuel you can buy in wal-mart, target, k-mart or other sporting goods stores. It should fire 6 or 8mm plastic BBs. Try and keep the feet per second to about 200-300, over 300 is going to leave a hell of a mark at real CQC range.

A good semi-automatic pistol with all metal or composite construction will cost about $100. The **** they sell at Wal-mart for less than $50 is just that, ****. You can get a decent all metal revolver for about $60-80, simpler parts than the automatics, I guess.

For shoulder weapons, you're looking for an AEG (automatic electric gun) shooting the same 6mm-8mm plastic BBs at 200-300ft/second. You can find a smaller submachine gun like the MP5K or MP7 for as little as $150, but generally these guns will run from $200-350 for quality.

Try redwolfairsoft.com

Some brands to look for: Tokyo Marui, KWA, KSC, Classic Army, Maruzen and if you feel like going all out Systema- yes, Systema, like the Russians.
    Thanks for the info. I don't mind getting my own Airsoft gear since I may use them in other training sometime. Maybe we could take all the guesswork out of it and link a few guns that would be adequate?

PS. I too am staying at the Ramada - got a room for Tues-Sun.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 1415161723 ... LastLast