Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/14/2010 5:35am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bohemian Nights competition footage

Grappler's Open Norway, mid october 2009.
    Footage from my first competition ever, taken some three months ago. Competition lasted over two days, where the first day was submission wrestling (nogi) with six minute rounds, and the second BJJ (gi) with some BJJ-federation rules clearly written by a brazillian and translated horribly by someone with a rudimentary grasp of the english language. I participated in the 73 kilo weight class because the weight class under had something like five participants, while the 73 kilo class had sixteen, so.

First fight on day 1. I win this one on points after failing to RNC the guy over the span of forever minutes.
    YouTube- Open weight (GI) GON 2009

Second fight on day 1. I end up losing this one on overtime (not filmed) since we both went 0-0 at the end of the six minute mark (because I failed to RNC again), and while I felt GREAT after the match was over and I figured the judges would decide, I experienced an immense adrenaline dump when they announced that there would be overtime, and so ended up getting armbarred some 30-seconds before overtime was over, but by that point I was six or eight points under anyway, and was totally dominated.
    YouTube- 73 Kilo GON 2009 match 2

(No open weight on day 1 due to busting my ear)

Day 2; BJJ

73 kilo GI
    I should upload this video because it was one of my best fights (or atleast best opponents), but I end up losing it due to another armbar something like half a second before the time is up.

Open weight, GI
    This guy weighs 92 kilos and throws me on my head twice, the second drop giving me a minor concussion. :icon_blac
    YouTube- Open weight (GI) GON 2009

TL;DR
    1 win, 3 losses. Good enough for my first competition and a year of traditional jujitsu training. I'll be competing again in some four months time. :)
    Last edited by Bohemian Nights; 1/14/2010 5:44am at .

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/22/2010 8:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gee, no hug from the looser in number 1!
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 5:58am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    His corner didn't even go over to thank my corner after the fight. :((

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/30/2010 3:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Nights View Post
    His corner didn't even go over to thank my corner after the fight. :((
    I have zero tolerance and I get REAL upset at bad sportsmanship. The egos of the coach, sensei / instructors are usually more involved and more fucked up than the competitors. I've seen this in kiddie basketball and adult martial arts competitions.

Fucking jerks perverting the efforts of athletes. As the twig is bent and all that. It's just so unnecessary and furthers dysfunctional behavior.
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez