Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/21/2010 1:25pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZ View Post
    Lesnar has altered his diet, moving away from an "all-protein" approach befitting his weightlifting program and adding more fiber and greens.
    Cue the Precision Nutrition endorsement.

Genius

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 2:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yea, Brock's an idiot for making up this story about Canada's health system. He's a liar, and not a very good one. When pressed, he tends to back-peddle and all-but-admit that he lied.

http://www.vancouversun.com/health/B...293/story.html

The last paragraph, he admits he just wanted to be in the USA for treatment.
    Last edited by Thaiboxerken; 1/23/2010 2:10pm at .
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/24/2010 5:11am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

('._.)

Posted On:
    1/24/2010 1:30pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabetuno View Post
    Reviewing Mir's submission record, the only sub of note on there that I see is Roberto Travern. Other than that, the only submissions he's gotten have been against people with distinctly 0 ground game at the time. Antony Hardonk, Tim Silvia, Chesty Congo, and Pete Williams. So basically, his Jiu-Jitsu only works against fighters who are smaller or less skilled than him. Sounds like good BJJ to me.
    Sylvia has only been submitted four times in over 30 fights and two of them came after he got knocked down and was dazed (one of which was against the greatest fighter this sport has ever seen) , he spent a big part of the Monson fight on the ground and looked fine, even had a triangle attempt. He is very hard to sub.

Posted On:
    1/24/2010 10:44pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know people are tossing rumors around that Lesnar faked it to get out of fighting Carwin, and ordinarily I'd just roll my eyes and call it garbage. But Lesnar sure as hell isn't helping his case on that front in that interview. I can believe that he was in the hospital with a serious infection. I have a really hard time believing that this devastating illness that could have required life-changing surgery was just gone with absolutely no trace of ever being there. He sounds like a high schooler who faked sick to get out of taking a test. "Yeah, mom, I know the thermometer said 103 degrees this morning *coughcoughiranitunderhotwaterhackhack*, but I'm really feeling better, must have been some kind of 12 hour bug, so I think I'm gonna go out to that concert tonight."

Eh. At the end of the day, regardless of how true it all is, all the talk is probably just a bunch of nonsense to get more PPV buys.
    Last edited by Neo Sigma; 1/24/2010 10:49pm at .

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 12:42am

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It didn't magically go away. He changed his diet and took antibiotics. From what I read, a whole lot of antibiotics.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 10:44am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could his haircut be any more ridiculous?

Draven, how many sub attempts did Monson make in that fight? Also, one of those 4 submissions was by Arlovski who's only had three submissions ever. Now, granted, he's a good grappler, but hardly top tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Ninja Fruit

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 11:17am

Style: JKD, Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Regardless of Mir's mindset and his weight gains, I just don't think he can stand up to Lesnar's power.

Let's assume Mir and Lesnar happens: How does Mir train to fight against Lesnar? Maybe he could work submissions on a bull? Or he could practice getting hit in the face with cement-filled lunchboxes?

There are lots of guys Lesnar can train with given that the only thing he really needs to focus on to fight Mir is avoiding submissions. I think Lesnar's sheer size, speed, takedown power and strength combination effectively eliminates a standup battle. Mir certainly can't out-wrestle Lesnar.

For me the hope that Mir will reach out from under the barrage of blows and pull out a miracle sub just isn't enough to create interest. I'd rather see Lesnar fight anyone other than Mir at the moment.

Woah. Alex Van Halen got huge.

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 11:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    Regardless of Mir's mindset and his weight gains, I just don't think he can stand up to Lesnar's power.

Let's assume Mir and Lesnar happens: How does Mir train to fight against Lesnar? Maybe he could work submissions on a bull? Or he could practice getting hit in the face with cement-filled lunchboxes?

There are lots of guys Lesnar can train with given that the only thing he really needs to focus on to fight Mir is avoiding submissions. I think Lesnar's sheer size, speed, takedown power and strength combination effectively eliminates a standup battle. Mir certainly can't out-wrestle Lesnar.

For me the hope that Mir will reach out from under the barrage of blows and pull out a miracle sub just isn't enough to create interest. I'd rather see Lesnar fight anyone other than Mir at the moment.
    You mean the takedown power that he used when Mir threw a flying knee after Brock got him in a single leg? Yeah that was a true clinic in takedown skills. I think Brock is a talented athlete, but Brock LOST the first fight with Mir, and Mir LOST the second fight with Lesnar. They have both done themselves in against each other with ignorance and stupidity. The difference is Mir has had more than a dozen fights, so what the **** is his excuse?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastro
    He screams like a little girl as the pain ripples through his arm, shoots up into his brain, and now your dick is hard.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 11:54am

Style: BJJ/MuayThai/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    Don't be stupid, it's not cement-filled lunchboxes...
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Couture
    They are some big-ass ham hocks coming at you.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast