Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/15/2010 4:18am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks everyone for taking part in this thread. It hit me the other day, the subject matter. As Bullshido gets older, (Happy Birthday btw PHROST), so does it's original core members from the early days.

I'm not dead by any imagination, and I'm glad to see fellow members carrying on the flame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2010 5:03am

Style: Wing Chun Kuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonDingDong View Post
    Is there an evolutionary biologist around here who can back up my theory that middle-age leching is a perfectly normal developmental stage? Kind of like your body recognizing that you haven't much good reproductive time left so it makes you super-alert to the erotic possibilities of even the most mediocre of bodies?

Never has my libido been so high, nor my standards so low.
    30 going on 32 here, the roller coaster is going down, I can feel it, I can't spring out of bed like I used to, takes a little longer to keep/switch a train of thought...
    I've spotted my fair share of old ladies checking out the goods. *shudder*

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    1/15/2010 7:08am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BaronVonDingDong View Post
    Is there an evolutionary biologist around here who can back up my theory that middle-age leching is a perfectly normal developmental stage? ...Never has my libido been so high, nor my standards so low.
    I'm a biology teacher, if that's enough for the purpose of backing your theory up, which I gladly do.

My standards are getting lower for years, though the libido isn't exactly rushing into the opposite direction, which has probably something to do with me going through a current break-up of my family...

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/15/2010 10:02am

Style: Jerry-Bashing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not all bad. At least I have more money that I ever used to.

I find crying into my wallet to be very consoling.

I feel like you eyeballin' me, dawg!

Posted On:
    1/15/2010 11:10am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, JJJ, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just remember that the young girls will only empty your wallet further and faster.

And your scrotum, gods willing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    BJJ JOE: I'm going to make hate to you. Right here, right now.
    ... Ohhhhhhhh, I'm going to make hate to you so hard that your kinfolk back in Africa will feel it.l
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer
    Karate is the Dane Cook of martial arts

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    1/15/2010 11:13am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As the classic goes: I'm willing into invest a few millions into you, lady... ;-)

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2010 11:32am

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mid-40s, have been training since I was 8 years old.

My jumping split-kick days *might* be over - actually, I'll have to try one of those next time I'm at the gym - but otherwise, I think I'm as agile and very nearly as flexible as I was twenty years ago. Considering what I've done for a living (pro-wrestling, stunt performance) I've had the luck of the devil re. avoiding injuries.

I'm more drawn to what we used to think of as "internal" training these days - tactile sensitivity, co-ordination, relaxation and improvisation over pure technique drilling, cardio or muscular strength. Basically, it's all about getting into the Zone.

My son is 21 years old and can bench-press me. I'm most definitely aware of my own mortality.

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    1/15/2010 1:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR View Post
    I'm more drawn to what we used to think of as "internal" training these days - tactile sensitivity, co-ordination, relaxation and improvisation over pure technique drilling, cardio or muscular strength. Basically, it's all about getting into the Zone.

My son is 21 years old and can bench-press me. I'm most definitely aware of my own mortality.
    Interesting how people start to explore other areas as they age.

My new journey will be adding yoga soon as a way to increase flexibility and hopefully help stabilize and strengthen some of the joints I have weakened and destroyed over the years. You know, like my ankles, knees, elbows, lower back, shoulders, wrists, neck... (damn, the list is growing!)

I should have started years ago as my wife has always done it and is now certified to teach but I just could't seem to take the step. My rational being that guys don't do yoga... :sign12:

I've also become increasingly interested in security both for me and my little one. So in that regard I have been reading books on personal security, home security, criminal mindset, verbal judo etc.

I'm actually surprised how interesting it is understanding how criminals work, think, act etc. I guess I should have gone into criminal justice and/or law enforcement. (I actually have bantered about being an LEO for years but always hesitated due to the growing number of tattoos that seem to appear on my body...)

Still, I can't seem to get into 'softer' martial arts though so my body continues to get battered. Perhaps I need to try some of this 'internal' stuff you speak of.
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Posted On:
    1/15/2010 1:24pm

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whathappened View Post
    30 going on 32 here, the roller coaster is going down, I can feel it, I can't spring out of bed like I used to, takes a little longer to keep/switch a train of thought...
    I've spotted my fair share of old ladies checking out the goods. *shudder*
    I have a "stepson" from a previous relationship older than you.

Posted On:
    1/15/2010 1:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Aikido,Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My kids are 35,33,and 31 years old. My youngest is a shodan in Judo and likes to slam me to the mat. Life is great!!!
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast