Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 17181920 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Just waiting for the paperboy.

Posted On:
    4/28/2010 6:52pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    that reminds me, last week this newsitem came out: some american generals worry about obesity, cause the more obese kids there are, the less fit/able soldiers they can recruit.
    i dont know if it was big news in the usa itself.

Posted On:
    4/30/2010 3:18am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Howdy, I'm a 53 year old returning to MA after a VERY LONG absense. I find to my suprise that my front and side snap kick is in almost as good a shape as when I was in my teens. That is the good news. The bad is ....well nothing else is even close save for an ...eh..OK cresent kick. Any advice on getting back up to speed?

Posted On:
    4/30/2010 4:13am

Style: Les Mills Bodycombat™

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    that reminds me, last week this newsitem came out: some american generals worry about obesity, cause the more obese kids there are, the less fit/able soldiers they can recruit.
    i dont know if it was big news in the usa itself.
    Researchers say 18-year- olds think about sex every 10 seconds. Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a day, leaving us more than 28,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. If we can't kill the enemy we'll complain them into submission.

"My back hurts!" "I'm hungry!"
    "Where's the remote control?"

An 18-year-old hasn't had a legal beer yet and you shouldn't go to war until you're at least old enough to legally drink. An average old guy, on the other hand, has consumed 126,000 gallons of beer by the time he's 35 and a jaunt through the desert heat with a backpack and M-60 would do wonders for the old beer belly. An 18-year-old doesn't like to get up before 10 a.m.. Old guys get up early every morning to pee.

If old guys are captured we couldn't spill the beans because we'd probably forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would actually be easier for old guys. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at and we actually like soft food. We've also developed a deep appreciation for guns and rifles. We like them almost better than naps.

They could lighten up on the obstacle course however.. I've been in combat and I didn't see a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training. I can hear the Drill Sergeant now, "Get down and give me...er...one."

And the running part is kind of a waste of energy. I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet.

An 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave, to actually carry on a conversation, and to wear pants without the top of his butt crack showing and his boxer shorts sticking out. He's still hasn't figured out that a pierced tongue catches food particles, and that a 400-watt speaker in the back seat of a Honda Accord can rupture an eardrum. All great reasons to keep our sons at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off to possible death..

The last thing the enemy would want to see right now is a couple of million old goats with attitudes.

Posted On:
    4/30/2010 6:10am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [quote=adouglasmhor;2362477

Boot camp would actually be easier for old guys. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at and we actually like soft food. We've also developed a deep appreciation for guns and rifles. We like them almost better than naps.

They could lighten up on the obstacle course however.. I've been in combat and I didn't see a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any pushups after completing basic training. I can hear the Drill Sergeant now, "Get down and give me...er...one."
    .[/quote]

true.
    i never understood that with them obstacle courses.
    i always went lolwut?
    im not really superold (yet) but i got sick shootingskills.
    some years ago i was at a shootingrange trying out the glock model 17 and i was shooting the target guy on the paper in the dick.
    then i took request shots:right eye, left eye, center forehead etc.
    the dude at firerange was zomg where the hell did you learn to shoot?
    i was like: im not telling you honey!

Posted On:
    4/30/2010 8:53am

Style: submission grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lebell View Post
    the dude at firerange was zomg where the hell did you learn to shoot?
    i was like: im not telling you honey!
    Probably because you forgot.

Posted On:
    4/30/2010 1:58pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by M1K3 View Post
    Probably because you forgot.
    exactly.
    it was like one minute i was walking through a field, then a flash of bright light, dark eyes, a secret base on the north pole and BANG!
    im back.
    how veerd is that?

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    5/12/2010 5:53am

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lebell,

I have my license to carry, but pulling a gun on someone smaller than you and shooting them here in Massachusetts where I live would be frowned upon by the liberal moonbat judges that preside over the courts.

Guns also make noise and draw attention to people.

Hitting them and throwing them to the ground is not as loud....

I will be moving out of MA as soon as my degree is done( Masters Degree in acupuncture and herbal medicine) and then the little wife and I are moving to Florida.

Better laws about protecting yourself down there versus the nanny state I live in now.

Mass sucks. period. higher taxes of all kinds, bad services, and some of the dirtiest politicians you can imagine.

Posted On:
    5/12/2010 5:57am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Lebell,

I have my license to carry, but pulling a gun on someone smaller than you and shooting them here in Massachusetts where I live would be frowned upon by the liberal moonbat judges that preside over the courts.

Guns also make noise and draw attention to people.

Hitting them and throwing them to the ground is not as loud....

silencers ftw?

Quote Originally Posted by Dale
    I will be moving out of MA as soon as my degree is done( Masters Degree in acupuncture and herbal medicine) and then the little wife and I are moving to Florida.
    Nice one!
    Will you be running a acipunture/chinese health shop/saloon on the side or as a main bussiness?

Better laws about protecting yourself down there versus the nanny state I live in now.[/quote]

Why not Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by Dale
    Mass sucks. period. higher taxes of all kinds, bad services, and some of the dirtiest politicians you can imagine.
    lol! like there are clean honest politicians!
    nice to see you posting, you been okay?

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    5/12/2010 4:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My main business will be treating people using Chinese Medicine as well as training people in Baguazhang, Iron Palm, Iron Body, Shuai Jiao.

I have been well, just busy with school, training students, training myself, running my herb company and traveling to teach seminars.

Silencers?

nahh, get caught with that in MA and I will be in prison a long time. Again the cry baby liberals who run this state. I will not miss them,

Texas is okay, but Florida has no state income tax and welcome business. MA does not, they actually do not want businesses to be here and seem to work to do nothing but demote business in this state.

Florida is fine by me. No snow, no state income tax, and lots of older people in pain who need my services as a Doctor of Oriental Medicine.

I will be an Acupuncture Physician in Florida and will have OMD at the end of my name. Nothing wrong with that after busting my hump for the degree.

Glad to hear from you brother.
    Hoping you and yours are well.

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 2:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    My main business will be treating people using Chinese Medicine as well as training people in Baguazhang, Iron Palm, Iron Body, Shuai Jiao.

I have been well, just busy with school, training students, training myself, running my herb company and traveling to teach seminars.

Silencers?

nahh, get caught with that in MA and I will be in prison a long time. Again the cry baby liberals who run this state. I will not miss them,

Texas is okay, but Florida has no state income tax and welcome business. MA does not, they actually do not want businesses to be here and seem to work to do nothing but demote business in this state.

Florida is fine by me. No snow, no state income tax, and lots of older people in pain who need my services as a Doctor of Oriental Medicine.

I will be an Acupuncture Physician in Florida and will have OMD at the end of my name. Nothing wrong with that after busting my hump for the degree.

Glad to hear from you brother.
    Hoping you and yours are well.
    interesting, so in the usa there's a general/national tax and in some states on top of that also a state tax?
    harsh.

its very clever to go to florida when in your line of bussiness.
    put some flyers up, spread some bussiness cards, i could even see you going to some resort hotel to discuss if they are willing to work something out with you so the resort can offer healthy tai chi courses to its guests.
    ofcourse besides a pay you and the wife get to use their facilities too, etc.

dale...you need an agent.
    call me.

;-)

im allright, still a fucked up back but its getting better now im doing different excercises.
    soon ill be abroad for studies and thats going really well.
    no complaints here.
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 17181920 ... LastLast