Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Style
    BudoTaiJitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

New Intro of self

Found site by accident. Thought it would be interesting to see what others were doing.

I started "Karate" in 1964 while in the military, studied in the states under Sensei Frank Conde at Ft. Meade Md for about 2.5 years until sent to Japan. (anyone know Frank? he had a school called Oriental Defensive Arts Inc in Baltimore Md.) In Japan I started again as a white belt and studied off/on for next four years. Got a 2nd Kyu in Sei Shin Kai from Kuniba sensei.

Took off the next 25 or so years to raise a family and start a business.

Started TKD (Chung Du Kwan) in 1994 where I stayed for a little over 7 years, getting a Sho Dan and half way to Ni Dan before my knee joints said "Enough!"

Found the Budo Tai Jitsu school taught by Shihan Jeffrey Prather and his Yo Dancha in Tucson, where I have been since 2001. (For the math majors, I attended TKD & BTJ simultaneously for a while). Awarded Sho Dan about a year ago. Have traveled to Japan to study under Hatsumi Soke and his Shihans a couple of years ago.

I train two or three times a week and assist in teaching lower ranking students.

Dave140

and good morning to you too supporting member
    Style
    MT/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    welcome aboard. I hope you checked around a bit before posting.

just so you know, there's not a lot of kind words for most TKD, karate, or really any art that doesn't follow the spar hard / full contact school of thought.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Style
    Shootfighting
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And if I read that right, you got to Shodan in 5 years. That's not really held in high regard either.

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja staff
    Style
    Kuso shite shinezo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave140
    Foundsite by accident. Thought it would be interesting to see what others were doing.

I started "Karate" in 1964 while in the military, studied in the states under Sensei Frank Conde at Ft. Meade Md for about 2.5 years until sent to Japan. (anyone know Frank? he had a school called Oriental Defensive Arts Inc in Baltimore Md.) In Japan I started again as a white belt and studied off/on for next four years. Got a 2nd Kyu in Sei Shin Kai from Kuniba sensei.

Took off the next 25 or so years to raise a family and start a business.

Started TKD (Chung Du Kwan) in 1994 where I stayed for a little over 7 years, getting a Sho Dan and half way to Ni Dan before my knee joints said "Enough!"

Found the Budo Tai Jitsu school taught by Shihan Jeffrey Prather and his Yo Dancha in Tucson, where I have been since 2001. (For the math majors, I attended TKD & BTJ simultaneously for a while). Awarded Sho Dan about a year ago. Have traveled to Japan to study under Hatsumi Soke and his Shihans a couple of years ago.

I train two or three times a week and assist in teaching lower ranking students.

Dave140

First remove all text formating from your Post.

Second, welcome we LOVE Bujinkan Ninjas here. All other Ninjas are posers, Bujinkan is teh real!

Manhattan Beach, California, United States
    Style
    Muay Thai, Judo, BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave140
    Found the Budo Tai Jitsu school taught by Shihan Jeffrey Prather
    If you study an art learn to spell it it is Budo Taijutsu or 武道体術 :seppuku:
    Other wise welcome:ninja2: :ninjafigh

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens! supporting member

Style
    karate / bjj
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    First remove all text formating from your Post.
    he started training 40 years ago. he's probably blind and can't read the weird ass font-- we've got here.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what do you mean "by accident"? How did you find us exactly?

Style
    BJJ, WMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    So what do you mean "by accident"? How did you find us exactly?
    I'm assuming it's the same way a prison inmate "accidentally" finds a "love partner."

Style
    Shootfighting
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh no you did'nt.:-P
    Maybe he clicked a link to Bullshido by accident cause the one he was looking for was right above it?

Style
    BudoTaiJitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I found this site by accident and think I will loose it.

Seems like your goal is to tear down everything instead of trying to further martial arts or help others learn from your experience.

Stay young, because if you age, your attitude will get you killed.

Sayanora,

Dave140

Page 1 of 3 123 Last