Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 8:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey there, as my screen name suggests I am a part of Toronto BJJ with a vested interest in its success. Would love to clarify a few things.

Jorge is an awesome instructor. He inspires people to train, more than any other instructor I have trained with in Toronto. We are not an easier place t get belts from int erms of skill level. However, students get good here really quickly, because we have such incredible instruction, many classes, different training partners, and great facility in which to train. This is shown by all of our success including taking homethe Gold from worlds and no-gi worlds. We live and breath Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu over here. when Jorge went on vacation we had Saulo Ribeiro teach all of his classes for two weeks followed by Paulo Guillobel. I am ont aware of anyother school in Toronto bringing in someone close to the calibur of Saulo Ribeiro to teach regular classes for a couple of weeks without charging extra. We are super dedicated to our students and it shows.

As for being very serious, we have structure, so if you come to class expect to learn and have fun training, with a lot of socializing before and after class.

I thinkk there are many great options to train Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in Toronto, and hope that you come check us out and see if we are the right fit for you.

Cheers,
    Josh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 9:05pm

Style: Christopher Hitchens-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TorontoBJJ View Post
    Hey there, as my screen name suggests I am a part of Toronto BJJ with a vested interest in its success. Would love to clarify a few things.

Jorge is an awesome instructor. He inspires people to train, more than any other instructor I have trained with in Toronto. We are not an easier place t get belts from int erms of skill level. However, students get good here really quickly, because we have such incredible instruction, many classes, different training partners, and great facility in which to train. This is shown by all of our success including taking homethe Gold from worlds and no-gi worlds. We live and breath Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu over here. when Jorge went on vacation we had Saulo Ribeiro teach all of his classes for two weeks followed by Paulo Guillobel. I am ont aware of anyother school in Toronto bringing in someone close to the calibur of Saulo Ribeiro to teach regular classes for a couple of weeks without charging extra. We are super dedicated to our students and it shows.

As for being very serious, we have structure, so if you come to class expect to learn and have fun training, with a lot of socializing before and after class.

I thinkk there are many great options to train Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in Toronto, and hope that you come check us out and see if we are the right fit for you.

Cheers,
    Josh
    hmm,
    if this is Josh Rapport, i thought you owned toronto bjj, not just simply a part of it.

from what i heard toronto bjj is a great place to train because of the number of training partners available. more people you fight, more exposure you get, and better you get. i did hear from a student of yours that sometimes there are LOTS of people, so it is hard to get attention from the instructor. that is a plus or a minus, depending on the skillset. a good friend of mine goes to your gym and he does hate the fact that people are not really allowed to speak during class. again, that would be a plus or a minus, depending on the individual.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 9:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have heard mixed reviews about Josh, but everyone says the same thing. He's passionate about BJJ (Almost Psychotic)

I have referred a bunch of people to his Gym though because you can never debate the quality of instruction there, and he should frankly give me a T-shirt or something

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 11:02pm

Style: Judo & BJJ hacker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OP - If you are still looking for BJJ gym, I used to train at the Revolution MMA club at Dufferin and Clark. It's a little small but the instruction is good.

And closer to Woodbridge, I think that I saw a new MMA gym on the north side of Rutherford, west of Jane. I don't even know the name of the place. But if you train more because it's closest, you could get more hours in. Check them out and judge for yourself.

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 1:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know that there are a group of guys that train under wagnney at Takedown MMA in woodbridge that are good. you should try them. They were Karma martial arts before, which a long time ago was toronto bjj. check it out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/06/2012 7:43pm

Style: Judo & BJJ hacker

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to the site Karma. I was about to chimein with " what about ....",when I realized that the last post was me almost 3 years ago.

Whooops,

But for the record, there are tons of good BJJ gyms in Toronto. Some names that I haven't seen posted yet are Matador, Action-Reaction MMA (near 404 & Steeles) and Grant Brothers (Dufferin N. of Finch). I'll vouch for Fernando "Gringo" Zulich at Action-Reaction, but I don't know about the other ones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12