Sponsored Links Spacer Image

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 6:23pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd plus rep you for those pictures but it's broken for me.
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 7:54pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling, Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    I cannot get the feedback to work for me either! Jnp gave me an action but it did not work. I figured it was me, or a function I wasnt allowed yet as a newb. He said no, so I dont know WTF.

Sorry for the derail but it restricted my ability to rep. KidS and you for your help earlier in the thread. Not that you needed reps that dont count, but I like the feedback option.

Jiu Jitsu - Sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Posted On:
    1/23/2010 9:59pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, Unauthorized Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity View Post
    It's a holograph so it's like something that would be talked about in 80's movies, too.
    That's the setup I'm looking at getting for my new rifle. EOTech w/ Flip-to-Side magnifier. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any of the combo deals. Only for the 557 model. I was going to get one of those models but the reviews I've read suggest that having all of those dots makes the sight somewhat ineffective when used without the magnifier.

P.S. What is your take on it since that's the one you have?
    Last edited by datdamnmachine; 1/23/2010 10:32pm at . Reason: because I fail at asking questtions about the obvious...

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/24/2010 1:21am

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling, Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    I just upped and changed browsers and now "Worthless Plus reps for everybody from me!!"
    maybe it will work for you.
    Last edited by Nwp; 1/24/2010 1:24am at .

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    1/24/2010 2:24am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by datdamnmachine View Post
    That's the setup I'm looking at getting for my new rifle. EOTech w/ Flip-to-Side magnifier. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any of the combo deals. Only for the 557 model. I was going to get one of those models but the reviews I've read suggest that having all of those dots makes the sight somewhat ineffective when used without the magnifier.

P.S. What is your take on it since that's the one you have?

I like mine, I think the reticule is fine with the magnifier flipped to the side. It's busier then the standard eotech reticle but that's not really anything that can't be dealt with by training imo. Granted I've only really done bench shooting with it and haven't as of yet taken any carbine courses where you need to move and acquire targets fast, shoot, and back on the move. Am gonna try and do some this summer.

C.E. B.S.net Ambassador

Posted On:
    1/24/2010 5:02am

supporting member
     Style: (Beautiful) Spring Roll

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow.

A great thread based on a great movie, with great pictures and great info.

5 stars, ladies, thanks.

CLICK & WATCH
    :
    I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid **** back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
    " - by Vorpal

Infidel

Posted On:
    1/24/2010 6:02pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity View Post
    Magnfier flipped to side:

Magnifier in place.

better shot of recticle

The four dots are to compensate for bullet drop out to 600 meters out of a 14.5 inch barrel.

0-300
    respectively.

The magnifier is a 3x but they have a 4x available as well.
    Awesome, thanks for taking the time to do that. The lack of magnification was one of the big reasons I switched from the 552 to an elcan. (What model of eotech is yours?)

I'm having a brain fart. Does having the 3 or 4x magnification throw off the accuracy of the range dots in the sight?
    For example shooting something 500 meters away you'd drop to the 3rd dot. If the magnification scope is in place will the 3rd BDC point still be accurate for 500 meters?
    I've never seen that on an eotech I like it. Myself I don't find it makes it too busy. I think what I use is a lot more cluttered.

You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    1/24/2010 8:19pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, you can get used to that clutter just by playing FPS video games that have the whole goddamned HUD.
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg

Spear Sister

Posted On:
    1/25/2010 4:59am

supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post

I'm having a brain fart. Does having the 3 or 4x magnification throw off the accuracy of the range dots in the sight?

No, the dots are accurate regardless of whether the magnifier is in place or not since it zooms in everything 3x no matter the range. I've only actually gotten to shoot it out to about 100 yards but the Eotech 557 and the magnifier are designed to go together.

and yeh, the recticle is a LOT cleaner then other recticles I've seen. Some of the ACOG ret's are nuts.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    1/26/2010 3:26am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ex-Tomiki Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been on the fence about this sight technology for a while. I've done some shooting with some really sub-par red dot sights in the past, and I wondered if the EOTech equipment suffered from low visibility/contrast.

After seeing the photos, I can only say 'Wow.' The high visibility of the reticule is striking, and I bet it doesn't take hardly any time at all to get a good sight picture dialed in. Color me very impressed, and more than just a little jealous.
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast