Charlie Don't Surf

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 8:31am

Join us... or die
     Style: TKD, Relson GJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    Norinco firearms are banned in the US? That's probably why I can't get a new Chinese TT-33 no matter where I look.
    Yes, Norinco is banned in the U.S. Dubbyah issued an executive order banning Norinco and the products of several other firms owned by the PLA in response for their continued support of Pakistan's missile program, which in turn was supporting Iran's and the DPRK's missile programs. Also, Norinco's M14S is one of the so-called "assault weapons" listed by name in Pappa Bush's 1989 executive order banning the importation of so-called "assault weapons."

From what I've read about the new M14S that Norinco makes, they've ironed out all of the bugs from their earlier reverse engineered M14s that didn't have the correct bolt lock up geometry. IFAIK, I believe that they even hired Walt Kuleck to advise them on the re-engineering. Reviews I've read from Canada from a few guys that also own semi-auto only (thus legal in Canada) USGI M14s, Norinco's M14S is almost indistinguishable from the real deal.
    Mushi mo atsui hodo
    Mushiatsui

Originally Posted by chuey
    ...Well **** if that isn't the most anti-Mr. Miyagi **** I have heard in ages.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but
    Three rights make a left.

...is THE PENETRATOR

Posted On:
    3/06/2010 11:10pm

supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TEA View Post
    Yes, Norinco is banned in the U.S. Dubbyah issued an executive order banning Norinco and the products of several other firms owned by the PLA in response for their continued support of Pakistan's missile program, which in turn was supporting Iran's and the DPRK's missile programs. Also, Norinco's M14S is one of the so-called "assault weapons" listed by name in Pappa Bush's 1989 executive order banning the importation of so-called "assault weapons."

From what I've read about the new M14S that Norinco makes, they've ironed out all of the bugs from their earlier reverse engineered M14s that didn't have the correct bolt lock up geometry. IFAIK, I believe that they even hired Walt Kuleck to advise them on the re-engineering. Reviews I've read from Canada from a few guys that also own semi-auto only (thus legal in Canada) USGI M14s, Norinco's M14S is almost indistinguishable from the real deal.

Interesting, thanks for the info.

That must be why I can't get any new Norinco TT-33s. I really enjoy shooting the 7.62x25, because it has a respectable kick and requires skill to handle, but at the same time is very inexpensive to purchase and easy to order online.

I assume that means that this Norinco handgun available from J&G is used? http://www.jgsales.com/product_info....oducts_id/4172
    Best Vietnam War music video I've ever seen put together by a vet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDY8raKsdfg
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011