230461 Bullies, 5770 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 51 to 56 of 56
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. raylawley is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    237

    Posted On:
    1/28/2010 8:40am


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Damo1
    It would be immature for me to respond to individual comments made by MAHEENDRA99 and RAYLAWLEY because the comments made are absurd and childish, but I can provide the following facts
    Hi Damien, thank you for contributing to this thread. First of all, I would like you to point out the posts in which I made "absurd" and/or "childish" comments. I think you'll find the only posts of that nature relate to these "Complexes", in which I stated that they do not appear realistic (possibly in more humorous terms).

    I'm not particularly interested in this however, except for the fact that he claims a large number of high-level dan rankings in various arts as well as several hall of fame memberships, which are usually a bit of a red flag.

    Particularly of interest to me was this claim:

    "Black Belt 5th Dan Jiu Jitsu"

    Found here:
    http://www.budoshinkai.com.au/kyoshi-george-adams/

    I was unsure what Jiu-Jitsu he's referring to with this, as it obviously isn't the Jiu-Jitsu he claims to teach, as he is only in fact a blue belt in that. I'm yet to receive clarification of this.

    I have not made any derogatory comments regarding his BJJ experience other than to do some research into it, discover that he appears to have a very legitimate BJJ ranking (blue belt; NOT 5th Dan) and lineage (I hate that word), and say so in my posts.

    No slander has occurred here from me.

    So I'm not certain why you're kicking up such a fuss about this. My posts have reflected the fact that after some research it's obvious Adams' BJJ lineage is very legit. I hadn't heard of Richard Norton, but I did some research and he seems like a pretty phenomenal grappler.

    Quote Originally Posted by Damo1
    I wonder what Professor Paulo Guimaraes, who is personal friend of George Adams, would say if he found out what these people have said about him and Richard Norton.
    Name dropping doesn't impress me, and I'm sure it doesn't impress anyone else here. Once again, please chill out and actually read what I've written.

    Also, legions of single-post advocates does not do anything to reinforce your point of view; it simply makes it look suspiciously like some other cases we've had here involving sock puppet accounts.
    Last edited by raylawley; 1/28/2010 8:48am at .
  2. Damo1 is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3

    Posted On:
    1/28/2010 2:01pm


     Style: Budoshinkai MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It sounds you are only a very junior student. The problem is what people say on the net it is taken gospel similar to reading the papers. GAs' 5th Dan ranking is based on traditional Jiu JItsu. That is why there is a separate rank in BJJ (since you couldn't work that out). His peers have never questioned him because they know him very well. But what a pity when beginners think they are experts. Your remarks are derogarotory to both persons even though they were not intended. Before firing again you might like to check out Richard Norton's website: richardnorton.net. I am sure somebody will be speaking to your Head Instructor soon to see what they think. It is free speech and this is what this website is about. I wonder how you would feel if somebody wrote something negative about Matt or Luke! Anyway, I don't want to waste my time anymore. I do martial arts, not talk about it. Richard Norton and John Will think this whole thing is a joke. You wouldn't see these people on it. Anyway, hope you have learnt something from this.
    Last edited by Damo1; 1/28/2010 2:08pm at .
  3. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    34,061

    Posted On:
    1/28/2010 2:46pm

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Damo1 View Post
    It sounds you are only a very junior student. The problem is what people say on the net it is taken gospel similar to reading the papers. GAs' 5th Dan ranking is based on traditional Jiu JItsu. That is why there is a separate rank in BJJ (since you couldn't work that out). His peers have never questioned him because they know him very well. But what a pity when beginners think they are experts. Your remarks are derogarotory to both persons even though they were not intended. Before firing again you might like to check out Richard Norton's website: richardnorton.net. I am sure somebody will be speaking to your Head Instructor soon to see what they think. It is free speech and this is what this website is about. I wonder how you would feel if somebody wrote something negative about Matt or Luke! Anyway, I don't want to waste my time anymore. I do martial arts, not talk about it. Richard Norton and John Will think this whole thing is a joke. You wouldn't see these people on it.
    Garbage. Fine so why not follow their lead? You must be a junior student yourself.


    Anyway, hope you have learnt something from this.
    Yeah, that you are a condescending asshole.
  4. raylawley is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    237

    Posted On:
    1/28/2010 11:27pm


     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Damo1
    It sounds you are only a very junior student. The problem is what people say on the net it is taken gospel similar to reading the papers. GAs' 5th Dan ranking is based on traditional Jiu JItsu. That is why there is a separate rank in BJJ (since you couldn't work that out). His peers have never questioned him because they know him very well. But what a pity when beginners think they are experts. Your remarks are derogarotory to both persons even though they were not intended. Before firing again you might like to check out Richard Norton's website: richardnorton.net. I am sure somebody will be speaking to your Head Instructor soon to see what they think. It is free speech and this is what this website is about. I wonder how you would feel if somebody wrote something negative about Matt or Luke! .
    Yes. I am a junior student of BJJ. What is your point? If I were a high-ranking student and wrote these same posts, would your magical rank-sense indicate that as well?

    You've answered my question though; his claimed 5th Dan rank is in traditional jiu-jitsu, not BJJ. Poorly veiled and condescending threats aside, that was the only thing I was really interested in. I figured that seeing as he claimed to teach BJJ as part of his syllabus, that would be the Jiu-Jitsu he was referring to, but evidently I was mistaken.


    I have checked out Richard Norton's website already, as I indicated in previous posts. I have also indicated that I had not heard of him before, but after some research I found out he is a solid instructor. I don't see your problem with this at all.

    Again, which of my remarks have been derogatory?

    You really are taking this all too personally. This "how dare you question these men" attitude is the reason people get away with bullshit in the martial arts. I hadn't heard of either of those guys, so I checked them out. Exactly the same way as any informed consumer looking for a person to train would.

    People check out sites like this for that, believe it or not. If they're looking for BJJ and they read this thread, they'll say "Oh, looks like Adams and his students / instructors have legitimate rankings under a high-level BJJ instructor (Richard Norton." Where's the problem there?

    If they're looking for the Karate angle, they're likely to disregard my opinion, as I've clearly stated that I don't have any experience in his system.

    As for speaking to my head instructor, I'm unsure as to why you think that will happen based on this thread. There is nothing derogatory here at all. Besides which, this threat just makes you seem quite condescending.

    After all, as you yourself said, this thread is about free speech. If you think it necessary to complain to my instructors about me expressing a personal opinion on a public forum, go ahead.


    As for how I would feel if anyone said anything negative about Matt or Luke, that's really quite irrelevant because negativity is not what this thread is about. On the other hand, if someone were to create a thread like this calling them into question, I can guarantee I wouldn't respond with self-righteous outrage and threats like you have. I would simply point out their lineage and our team's competition results and allow people to draw their own conclusions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Damo1
    Anyway, I don't want to waste my time anymore. I do martial arts, not talk about it. Richard Norton and John Will think this whole thing is a joke. You wouldn't see these people on it. Anyway, hope you have learnt something from this
    Then why are you here?
    Last edited by raylawley; 1/28/2010 11:32pm at .
  5. Master Waki is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    11

    Posted On:
    5/05/2014 7:14pm


     Style: Wushu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Does anyone know where he got his doctorate from? I would like to have "Dr." in front of my name
  6. Bneterasedmynam is online now

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    2,194

    Posted On:
    5/06/2014 8:44am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.