Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 6:06pm

supporting member
     Style: SECRET DEADLY

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sounded like the question was " how would BJJ guys handle the others running up and kickig them while they are doing the GNP"

brandiesssnasoo - " You have a nice Kempo day... in the hospital."

Yeah that makes sense. A guy is in the ground and pound and gets kicked by two other guys , that relates to KEMPO how?
    ----------------------------------------
    After reading Jekyll's threads I bring back an old sig.......

Do you really train or just bore people on message boards and parties talking about it.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 6:52pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Knee on chest... MUCH safer than mount or side mount... Knee on chest is the middleground between ground fighting and standup. You can see all around you. Its like having eyes in the back of your head.
    Better than this, get up and step on his fucking head! The best position in a fight is you on your feet, him on the ground. If you think otherwise, you're nuts and I don't care who you are.

Please don't forget, I am a Jiu-jitsu guy. I would just rather be stomping someone than be GNPing someone.

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 6:55pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And on a semi-related story, I met this guy who's been doing shito-ryu karate for a few months and has taken some Aikido classes. I asked him if they ever covered groundwork and he gave me the most puzzled look ever. He was like, whats groundwork? I was like, the guard, mount, side mount. He replies, "I dont know what you're talking about, those sound like you're riding a horse or something"!!!! **** I laughed so fucking hard!!!

I HAVE to spar with this guy sometime!!!

~

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 9:45pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hedge, note that keinhaar's style is BJJ. He was beign sarcastic.

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 10:05pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A story my instructor has told a few times and even mentions it in an article on his website is about how he was jumped by 3 guys and hit with a steel bar. He beat the guys off and had mount and was punching the guy in the head when some guy walked along and hadn't seen what had previously transpired and ran over and kicked my instructor in the face and knocked out his two front teeth because he thought my instructor was the aggressor. So my instructor says sometimes it's better to be the guy underneath with your opponent in your guard because then it doesn't look so bad.

We can't be ready for all variables in a fight and whether you're standing or on the ground, if you start beating the **** out of some guy who may have started it, then it's just possible that some bystander will come along and "save" the other guy by hitting you.

For those of you who think if you're standing that you'll be safer - remember that when you get adrenaline pumping through you, you'll get tunnel vision and won't necessarily see anyone sneaking up behind you or to your side.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 11:10pm

Style: Name It

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While training in EPAK (at my school at least) we trained OFTEN to defend so that it places your opponent between you and other people. We're taught to keep aware of our surroundings, and black/white dot focus. Some arts DO train for multiple attacks, people sneaking up behind you, and being aware of your surroundings.

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 11:47pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    CaptHitMan,
    While you may train remaining aware of your surroundings, when the **** hits the fan and you get an adrenaline dump, you'll get tunnel-vision, just as you'll get an increase heart-rate, the shakes etc. It's a natural physiological reaction to danger and happens to everyone whether you've trained for it or not.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 11:59pm

Style: Delusional Idiocy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so you have to train with techs that allow you to stack people together without having to consciously think of it, for when the adrenelin dump occurs.

Posted On:
    2/12/2004 12:12am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Soul Fist,
    That's fine if you know it's against multiple opponents but if you get assaulted by one guy and start defending yourself and his mate or a complete bystander sees you giving the guy a flogging and comes in to "save" him then what you're saying isn't relevant. Or if you fall over onto mount and start hitting the guy like in the original scenario then it's also not relevant.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/12/2004 12:53am

Style: Delusional Idiocy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yep they slipped. And no one has eyes in the back of the head. All im saying is there are various techs that cut down the odds a bit by taking the single attacker around if you can, using stikes to facilitate standup grappling...And you are so right people do jump in when they see someone losing a fight (regardless who the agressor was) thats why im more likely to try and address the problem of "onlooker intervention".
    Last edited by SMF; 2/12/2004 1:00am at .
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 67 LastLast