Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 1:22am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No one ever seems to understand. The question is, what do you do if you're the man on the BOTTOM?
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 1:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You have a nice Kempo day... in the hospital.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 1:33am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by The Wastrel
    No one ever seems to understand. The question is, what do you do if you're the man on the BOTTOM?
    Well in this case the top guy was the one that got screwed for groundfighting. But If I was the bottom guy I would of course bridge and roll. To either reverse the position or stand up completely.

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 1:35am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Exactly.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 1:36am

Style: JKD, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Wastrel, actually I did think about what if I were the guy on the bottom.

On top, I'd get off and kick him then get the **** outta there in case he has buddies.

On bottom, I'd have to be there to know, see how he is throwing the punches, if they are straight punches, wild punches, hooks, etc and then attempt to get him off of me. Or just try punching him.

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 1:37am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and then attempt to get him off of me.
    And who does that better than anyone else?

P.S.: You don't learn grappling and groundfighting in order to know how to punch someone when you accidentally land in the mount.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 2:23am

Style: Delusional Idiocy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    can these stories be of use when considering the validity of DELIBERATLY taking a fight to ground in certain situations? Note I don't for a second dismiss the validity for learning groundfighting...

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 2:26am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Every situation is different. Only dorkos on either side try to come with the miracle situations to prove some silly point. People make tactical decisions on the fly. Sometimes they are wrong.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 2:30am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    tactical situations are liable to be influenced by one's training background and their analysis of previous situations also.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 2:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i don't really see how "sides" enter into that
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast