Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 1:02am

Style: JKD, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

SO Much for Groundfighting a TRUE story... (linked)

Originally posted by PT-Kali
    Was in Dallas last Saturday in Deep Ellum (at a club called The Bone) listening to a pretty good DJ, chillin' with my girl, sipping some Rum and Coke when several people began to rush outside. Of course if you've been to many bars/clubs, you usually know what that means...

I decided to go check it out, and voilla, a fight. This really big dude was hammering away on this one guy when they slipped and fell. No nice takedown or anything like that, but there they were on the ground. Now I'm not saying that the guy on top knew he was in a "mounted" position (but maybe he had seen a UFC), but basically he was mounted on this guy and raining down punches, the little guy was doing his best to cover his head, etc.

Out of the blue some guy rushed in from the side and kicked the big guy right in the ribs, and in a split second, ANOTHER guy kicked him in the ear (side of the head). That pretty much stopped the ground and pound, and a couple of more guys kicked the big guy a few times before some people (bouncers maybe?) pulled the big guy up and everyone went their own ways...

My question is this: how great IS BJJ and wrestling in a situation like this? Don't get me wrong, I've spent some time on the mat myself, but it made me seriously think about it. You always hear non-grapplers argue about what would happen if there were more than one person, but until you actually SEE something like this it really sets in...what makes it worse is the guys that kicked the big guy mounted wasn't even the smaller guy's friends, just some guys wanting to practice their punts I guess???

Just thought I'd share this with the rest of the board.
    Original thread

I did not do the original topic, but being that Bullshido is the only other site Im a member of that has alot of grapplers, I thought I'd post it here to see opinions as I am not knowledgeable yet in grappling.

Such as thou art, sometime was I.

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 1:05am

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They slipped. Would you rather be on bottom, or on top?
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 1:07am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One time I saw a Tae Kwon Do Black Belt with a knife burst into tears because he was afraid my brother was going to hit him in the face.
    Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the **** I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 1:08am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your brother sounds like a bully

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 1:10am

Style: JKD, Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What the guy was asking I think is how would grapplers respond? Wheather or not the man on top was a grappler, this was a ground fighting situation with multiple opponents.

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 1:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What would you do, Mr. Wing Chun?

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 1:12am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not trying to flame you, but a notional technique solution to this is just foolish.

Certified Fitness Trainer

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 1:17am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Judo, Jujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just flip out and cut everyone's head off.
    Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
    "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 1:20am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Exactly. I mean, how ridiculous is it to answer this? Um...I get up and serial body-slam the rest...

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    2/11/2004 1:21am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would have stood back up and kicked the dumbass that had been under me. No more groundfighting problems for me!
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast