I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    1/13/2010 5:08am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey 100xobm,

were you like.. drunk or something? Alex gives you all the time in the world to check his kicks and defend his punches and you don't even react to them at all. You don't even do the post kick leg check feint thing.

WTF, man?

Posted On:
    1/13/2010 5:25am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's basically a complete standup noob (wc doesn't count), don't see why you'd expect him to be any different from the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    once i win a belt over here ill come and take some of your guys ones too :p
    Sweet, let me know if your instructor needs any help with promoters when the time comes. The 70kg devision here is stacked, i'm a very small fish compared to lots of these guys.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2010 5:32am

Style: Wing Chun Kuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sircmas View Post
    were you like.. drunk or something? ...
    In his defence, depth perception issues. The rest of it... sparring newbie is new.
    @100xobm, if you're going to blast WC when you're clearly not using WC gameplan, please ... learn another MA that utilizes the proven "hit them 'till they drop" gameplan.

WC, like BJJ, is one of those MA's that has a specific gameplan to go with its methodologies to work really well or quickly turns into a clusterfuck of fail. Generally speaking, a BJJer who can't mount a successful takedown is waiting to be pwn't.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/13/2010 5:39am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    na, WC is just rubbish.

*rimshot*

Posted On:
    1/13/2010 5:48am

Style: BJJ, formerly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sircmas View Post
    Hey 100xobm,

were you like.. drunk or something? Alex gives you all the time in the world to check his kicks and defend his punches and you don't even react to them at all. You don't even do the post kick leg check feint thing.

WTF, man?
    Yeah man, I know.

I don't like using my eye to make excuses, so I'll put it this way. I've never really dealt with kicking range before. I did fagbot chun, which is at 'brushing a loose eyelash away' range. There was no stepping back or dynamic movement, it was almost always in the goatfucking stance.

This is essentially what it looks like with someone who's never been kicked in the leg before, the more exposure I have to it, the better i'll get. Same as anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    na, WC is just rubbish.
    Seconded.

At the start of the kickboxing rounds we did, I tried to chun it up with a chun side stance, but as soon as he tagged me I'd just say "**** this" and cover up in an untrained boxing earmuffs thing.

Thing is, that untrained boxing was better than the four years of WC I did (which I haven't done in four years admittedly).

Quote Originally Posted by Whathappened View Post
    In his defence, depth perception issues. The rest of it... sparring newbie is new.
    @100xobm, if you're going to blast WC when you're clearly not using WC gameplan, please ... learn another MA that utilizes the proven "hit them 'till they drop" gameplan.
    I choose to blast WC based upon my past experience with it. It wouldn't be fair to call it **** based upon these videos, due to the years since I did it, and how quickly I revert to something else.

I'd do far better to 'blast' it due to its static nature, its inability to deal with angling out, its' overcomplexity and reliance on low percentage moves, its' weak, ineffective strikes based on pseudoscientific principles, or just the fact that almost every guy that does WC is a pasty whiteboy with a ponytail and works at a helpdesk
    Last edited by 100xobm; 1/13/2010 6:00am at .

Posted On:
    1/13/2010 5:56am

Style: 5x5, 5.56mm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hope you do give MT a shot 100xobm, if you add striking to the Judo, you won't regret it. You'll piss your pants when you look back at the Chun's sytems and theory compared to one good Thai round kick.

Posted On:
    1/13/2010 6:03am

Style: BJJ, formerly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I'm weighing up whether to go back to crosstraining BJJ and judo, or do a bit of MT or boxing to harden me up. Still, I'll never be able to compete in MT I don't think.
    Last edited by 100xobm; 1/13/2010 6:29am at .

Bonta-kun

Posted On:
    1/13/2010 6:12am

Style: fumoffu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whathappened View Post

WC, like BJJ, is one of those MA's that has a specific gameplan to go with its methodologies to work really well or quickly turns into a clusterfuck of fail. Generally speaking, a BJJer who can't mount a successful takedown is waiting to be pwn't.
    Out of curiosity, why not you post a vid on how a good WC should be in sparring?
    "People think that judo is only unarmed combat - but you are never unarmed when you can hit someone with a planet. "
    - Uncyclopedia entry on Judo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/13/2010 6:44am

Style: Wing Chun Kuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 100xobm View Post
    I'd do far better to 'blast' it due to
    • its static nature,
    • its inability to deal with angling out,
    • its' overcomplexity and reliance on low percentage moves,
    • its' weak, ineffective strikes based on pseudoscientific principles, or
    • just the fact that almost every guy that does WC is a pasty whiteboy with a ponytail and works at a helpdesk
    That's the problem,
    • You likely weren't taught to move, bad instruction
    • Again, you likely weren't taught to deal with angling
    • Hence my categorising it as "Advanced MA". But that's the gameplan,
      1. keep the "shield" up,
      2. close in,
      3. establish contact,
      4. control opponent's limbs/facing, and
      5. Foom Foom Foom™ generally in that order.
    • ANY strike is weak when done outside its effective range. WC students believe generate power is bad, speed is all one needs (Bullshit). Up close to the opponent, hip rotation runs the risk of compromising balance if opponent manages to grab limb or shoulder. I got thrown enough times in Ashihara.K. after landing a good hook/shovel/straight to know this.

Posted On:
    1/13/2010 6:50am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    100xobm, just my opinion from an MMA perspective, having spent three years crosstraining in Judo and later wrestling - when trying to standing grapple without a gi, and particularly against someone with a muay thai background, abandon the collar/head tie up at first. For now, focus on obtaining a strong overhook on his left arm first, and then work for seoi, or kubi nage/ogoshi. If you can get over & under hooks, harai Goshi and Tai Otoshi are your friend.

Lastly, don't forget the judoka's footsweeps are massively effective against people who posture up and take the thai clinch like Alex - particularly deashi harai and sasae tsurikomi ashi.

Lastly, if someone has a tendency to control your head, bring your hips closer to theirs and try to obtain a seat belt grip or body lock.

Good job guys - looks like you had fun.

Cheers.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast