Sponsored Links Spacer Image

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/10/2010 9:49pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Alex vs 100xobm NU ZEELAND DEATH MATCH (video)

me and Mike met up today at my gym for a bit of sparring and crappling, just finished uploading the results to the toob.

background-
    Me= 150ish pounds, 5'10, around 6-7 years muay thai, several amateur level fights.

Mike= about 6'1, no idea weight (sure he can fill in) 4 years chun and a green belt in judo (i forget how long hes been doing teh judo though)

despite my goading, Mike wouldnt use the knock knee chun stance :/ we started off with 4 rounds of just stand up kickboxing, slow to begin with and i started using more kicks towards the end. tried some pak sao etc stuff but it didnt appear to work. caught me with a sidekick a couple of times but because his eyesight is even worse than mine i dont think he registered and i didnt tell him til after >.>
    YouTube- stand up sparring

then we did a couple of rounds of boxing, tried to work on losing some bad habits while i worked on my face blocking techniques-
    YouTube- boxing sparring

last we did a couple rounds of stand up crappling, the ground in this room is a bit too hard for wrasslin properly so we did a kinda mix of muay thai clinching and judo takedowns. i think my MT wrasslin saved my ass here from being repeatedly thrown, as opposed to thrown every now and then
    YouTube- stand up wrasslin

much fun had by all, kudos to Mike considering ive been doing MT for a while and his stand up consists of WC for 4 years a while back, so he came into this without much standing experience (almost a negative amount really if you count the bad habits chun drills into people) and he also is blind in his right eye, which i used to my advantage with savage left hook counters. cos im a huge ****.

Posted On:
    1/10/2010 10:30pm

Style: BJJ, formerly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank god I've got a thick dutch skull to make up for my bad eyes. First real striking I've ever done.

And thanks bigtime to Alex for all the advice he gave. As soon as I get a job I'll be able to head to his gym for some bigtime lessons. though the eyesight's an issue.

Also, thanks for not KOing me dude.

As to the striking, I learned that wing chun sucks. As soon as i got hit, I thought, **** that, and just did the boxing guard that I'd never practised but still worked better. I hadn't done the chun for like four years, but it still sucks.

Also, watching those videos, **** my guard's low. And **** my voice is funny.

As to the last video, the thing I really took away from that is how different no gi sort of wrasslin is. I'm almost lost without a lapel grip
    Last edited by 100xobm; 1/10/2010 11:01pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/10/2010 10:44pm

Style: Wing Chun Kuen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    kudos for being a martial artist despite being blind in one eye. It really messes up depth perception to the point where its dangerous to even consider engaging in h2h much less joining MA.

I thought I was the only sight impaired MAist in this forum, my prescription is pretty high, I can only see my palm clearly up to 1 fist and half distance. And yes, I've been sparring w/o glasses since 1995.

Posted On:
    1/11/2010 6:09am

Style: 5x5, 5.56mm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nice vids guys. You move really well for someone with a Chun standing background and one eye 100xobm, fair play!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2010 9:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's not the real chun LOL j/k, yeah fair play to 100!

Posted On:
    1/12/2010 1:45am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kudos to the ex-chunner for stepping up, would have been much better if you'd adopted a comical chun stance. The actual sparring was sluggish and not very sharp but i'm guessing this was because you guys were going soft and Alex didn't want to knock out a friendly beginner.
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

Posted On:
    1/12/2010 1:57am

Style: BJJ, formerly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hah, true.

I kinda gave it a serious go. That side stance is still chun. The front on one means I'll just stand there and get walloped.

Wing Chun Sucks.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/12/2010 2:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang View Post
    Kudos to the ex-chunner for stepping up, would have been much better if you'd adopted a comical chun stance. The actual sparring was sluggish and not very sharp but i'm guessing this was because you guys were going soft and Alex didn't want to knock out a friendly beginner.
    i tend to break out "**** around jitsu" (the dropping hands/lazy hooks etc) to give people opportunities to attack. makes them feel more comfortable if they tend to be turtlers which most people are when theyre fresh (or they are crazy assholes who bumrush, in which case they just get a walloping)

Posted On:
    1/12/2010 6:33am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I thought so.

When are you planning to come to Australia? I'm 70kg and southpaw too, we should gong sau each-other ;).
    "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
    Kenny Weldon

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/12/2010 3:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    once i win a belt over here ill come and take some of your guys ones too :p
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast