Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 7:00pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Castillos problem is that he is using terms like the "olympics" etc. also the claims of world titles in italy etc. are claimed to be won the same year as the actual competition etc.The sanshou/wushu comunity cant be that big, someone has to have heard about him even if he only competed once.
    In America? No. The world? You'd be surprised. This is how MABS works, people chase down every little detail possible.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/09/2010 10:47am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Max Chen's reply to my e-mail:

Well if he is talking about the official World Championships that I have been to he's an idiot cause in 2003 it was in Macau and I was there and he was not on the US team and Worlds was in Rome in 1999. To top that the only American to win Gold in San Shou at worlds is Elaina Maxwell. Now he could be talking about a different World Championships but it sounds like he is talking about the same one I have been in. Either way I have never heard of him and he sounds like he's full of ****.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/09/2010 10:52am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks Steve and Mr. Chen.

Now he could be talking about a different World Championships but it sounds like he is talking about the same one I have been in.
    This is what I am saying right here. If we chase down some of the smaller Worlds and he doesn't exist, he can be considered completely busted.

Then we can put up an article and wait for the inevitable whining of, how he is a great person and did produce some champions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2010 10:58am

Style: sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is really just a test, I tried posting a link to all the world results up to 2003, but never could, we think it might be that the link is banned from being posted

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/09/2010 11:02am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    This is really just a test, I tried posting a link to all the world results up to 2003, but never could, we think it might be that the link is banned from being posted
    Could you spell it out with spaces? I'll see if it works for me.

Every once in a while we have wonky things happen to people. Thanks for all of the effort.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2010 12:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I kept pretty good records of all the IWUF sanctioned world championships and world cup up to 2003, I kept them at

angelfire
    dot
    com

at sd2
    forward slash
    kingofsanda
    forward slash
    what
    dot
    html

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/09/2010 12:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sambosteve has choked the correct and then jumped around a knee bah'ed it I guess! I thought it was my ISP, or the server not responding, but darn it, I can post as long as I don't post the angel fire site

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/09/2010 2:59pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    im still waiting for the answers from those jounalists. Still no sighs of him competing in sanshou atleast. someone should start breaking down his traditional kung fu claims, they are most likely a lie but maybe inconsistensies like chinese names, timelines etc. can be detected by soem experts in chinese martial arts.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/09/2010 4:26pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Sambosteve has choked the correct and then jumped around a knee bah'ed it I guess! I thought it was my ISP, or the server not responding, but darn it, I can post as long as I don't post the angel fire site
    Yep, that is exactly what happened to me. I had to restart my browser after the error.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    1/10/2010 3:54pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, each time I posted the link, mt browser went on lockdown (as far as getting back onto BS is concerned).

So here is the text from the link:

In 1991, the Chinese Wushu Association and International Wushu Federation (IWUF) established an amateur competition format for San Shou and began promoting international San Shou competitions. Currently 86 nations compete in international amateur competition.

1991 - Beijing, China
    Jason Yee of Boston, MA won a Bronze medal at the first world championships in Beijing, China.

1993 - Kuala Lampur, Malaysia
    Unfortunately, while Team USA fought hard none of its members placed at the second world championships.

1995 - Baltimore, Maryland
    Team USA bounced back strongly with Cung Le of San Jose CA, Aaron Honeycut and Alvin Baily all winning Bronze medals at the 3rd world championships.

1997 - Rome, Italy
    Cung Le became the first American fighter to have a repeat performance in San Shou by once again winning a Bronze medal at the 4th world championships.

1999 - Hong Kong, China
    Al Loriaux of Boston, MA became the first American to win a SILVER MEDAL in international san shou competiton and Cung Le wins an incredible third BRONZE MEDAL. You can read a review of the 1999 world championships.

2001 - Yrevan, Armenia
    Albert Pope won a Bronze Medal in an event which was sadly effected by the terrorist attacks on the United States in September 2001.

2003 - Macau, China
    Elaina Maxwell, in the IWUF's first event to include divisions for female athletes, is the first American to win a GOLD MEDAL! The US also captures it's second silver medal and another bronze.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast