Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 2:36pm

Style: sanda

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sambosteve just sent me a link, but I guess it's obvious, he wants me to comment?

OK, first American to medal in San Shou was Jason Yee in 1991. Jason remains the ONLY American to do BOTh forms and San Shou. 1991 was in Beijing.

The ONLY American to ever win a gold in San Shou at worlds was Elaina Maxwell, of Cung Le's team.

The ONLY Silver at worlds was Al Lorioux (sp?) of Boston San Shou.

We have won A LOT of bronze, but the only American to win more than once was Cung Le. Cung has won THREE bronze medals.

(quick edit, I THINK, have to look up, that Pat Barry, now fighting in the UFC has won either a silver or gold?? Sorry, I am getting senile I guess)

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 2:46pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you. So, now we have to look at the small tournaments that are called "world's."

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 3:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    Sambosteve just sent me a link, but I guess it's obvious, he wants me to comment?

OK, first American to medal in San Shou was Jason Yee in 1991. Jason remains the ONLY American to do BOTh forms and San Shou. 1991 was in Beijing.

The ONLY American to ever win a gold in San Shou at worlds was Elaina Maxwell, of Cung Le's team.

The ONLY Silver at worlds was Al Lorioux (sp?) of Boston San Shou.

We have won A LOT of bronze, but the only American to win more than once was Cung Le. Cung has won THREE bronze medals.

(quick edit, I THINK, have to look up, that Pat Barry, now fighting in the UFC has won either a silver or gold?? Sorry, I am getting senile I guess)

so im sure his claim of being the coach for the current national team is also false. . .

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 3:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, the World championships alternate years with the "world cup". There was a world cup in Rome. The only American male competing in it was Mike Norman, added after the Vietnamese 145 fighter pulled out.

Al's name is spelled "Lorieux".
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 1/08/2010 4:12pm at .
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 4:43pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah i have searched the net, there is no info whatsover of this guy competing in anything. I found two of his 13 yo students competing in forms but thats it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 5:18pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pat Barry won a silver medal, in 2003

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 6:04pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaptenen View Post
    yeah i have searched the net, there is no info whatsover of this guy competing in anything. I found two of his 13 yo students competing in forms but thats it.
    The guy is just old enogh to fall in the range of pre-internet information. No, not an excuse but,covring all bases. In the eighties and nineties everything was called world this or that. I think he is bullshitting but, the internet is fairly unreliable for smaller, events even in MMA ,15 years ago.

The reason I say smaller events is he could be exaggerating the truth. Like the wannabe MMA coaches that claim first place in a NAGA Event. Then you find out it was the whitebelt division and he was the only person in the weight class.

You know he was there and received a belt, 1st place, prize or whatever. Yes, we have had a few cases of that in MABS.

Not a full lie but very disingenuous.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 6:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Having trouble posting, but I have pretty reliable complete results up to 2003... and pretty much everyone on those national teams was from Boston, NY or San Jose

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 6:23pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, let me be clear. I'm not calling what you or War have posted wrong. It is part of the elimination process. He can't claim he was part of any recognized national or international level event. He can't claim he is the first American in said event.

I'm saying now is when we see if he took a little nondescript in school, in state, or smaller event and added all of the BS.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 6:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there was a time before internet? haha

yeah i know what u mean, there is a chance that he has placed first in some tournament in his living room etc.

Castillos problem is that he is using terms like the "olympics" etc. also the claims of world titles in italy etc. are claimed to be won the same year as the actual competition etc.The sanshou/wushu comunity cant be that big, someone has to have heard about him even if he only competed once.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast