punch-drunk

Posted On:
    1/06/2010 4:40pm

supporting member
     Style: SanDa / MMA / Kung-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Updated Fighting Event Database?

Do any of you guys know of a real good 'fighting events' database that is kept current? I've been looking around piecing together my own list of upcoming events in the North East and some nation wide so that we can figure out which events we want to send fighters to this year, and most of the stuff I find is out of date or doesnt exist any more.

Also want to schedule the next Smoker Fight Night event at our gym (Redline, Boston/Cambridge) without conflicting with other regional events. BTW anyone interested in competing or sending fighters to this let me know, will likely be some time between mid Feb to mid March depending on other event schedules, will have MMA, Kickboxing, boxing on the card. Here is a link to a blog article describing the last event Fight Nite 4.

Wasnt there a database on BS a while back? I looked on a lot of usual forum sites, northeastmma.net, Googled the **** out of it, and havent had much luck so far so I've been scraping a list together but there's got to be a resource out there somewhere thats already way ahead of where I'm starting. I'll post a list here if there isnt already a better one out there already.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Chris

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/06/2010 4:58pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A site I'm part of that's about to launch this weekend is working on making just that. The calendar will cover the mid atlantic region and be constantly updated. Site launches on the 9th. Expect the event list to be more thorough a few days after that since right now the main focus is that there is adequate content in every part of the site for launch, then it will fill out as we go.

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    1/06/2010 5:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just saw that mixedmartialarts.com has a pretty good event listing, now i remember it from the old Underground Forum, hadn't been on there or other forums in a while so i'm a bit rusty.

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    1/06/2010 5:30pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampa View Post
    A site I'm part of that's about to launch this weekend is working on making just that. The calendar will cover the mid atlantic region and be constantly updated. Site launches on the 9th. Expect the event list to be more thorough a few days after that since right now the main focus is that there is adequate content in every part of the site for launch, then it will fill out as we go.
    Cool thats just what we need. I will look out for it as soon as it goes live. I'll bump the site on our links-grader and maybe put a link in our blog or something. Thanks for letting me know about it Lampa!

punch-drunk

Posted On:
    6/01/2010 10:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey Lampa, did you ever launch taht site with the database/calender that covers upcoming fights?

NortheastMMA.net but I don't think it covers all the local fights and I know there's gotta be more events going on this summer in the New England and NYC area than being posted right now.

If you all know of any local or reginal events share the links! Thx

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    6/02/2010 4:01am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am working on a database actually, as I promote shows, fight on shows, and pretty much have a link to a ton of schools in the area. Smokers/ammy shows/tourney/etc

BTW, you have a smoker show with MMA on it? I would be interested in fighting smoker style in that, any style really actually. Do you have a FaceBook?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    6/15/2010 2:19pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    Hey Lampa, did you ever launch taht site with the database/calender that covers upcoming fights?

NortheastMMA.net but I don't think it covers all the local fights and I know there's gotta be more events going on this summer in the New England and NYC area than being posted right now.

If you all know of any local or reginal events share the links! Thx
    Totally forgot about this thread. Sorry for the necro but I'd figure it'd be nice to let you know that the site is live and running for a while, now. Since January, really.

The event calendar still isn't as robust as I'd like. I'm trying to encourage promoters to upload their own info onto it.