Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2010 12:16pm

Style: taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Pro-Taekwondo in 2010

The Pro-Taekwondo Championship is a European based organization that was founded in 2007 by Senior Master Anto Nobilo, 8th dan, in order to showcase the talents of prfessonal taekwondo fighters, and to give greater exposure to taekwondo as a whole. This year the championship is going global holding prelims all around the world.

Now on the website they give you the reasons why the organization was founded.

"Actually, it is estimated that about 60 million people worldwide practice any of TKD styles. Unfortunately, TKD is not adequately represented in the media, especially on TV. Competitions take a long time, and our champions are not recognized as stars by the media.

After having analyzed the situation with other popular sports, we have found that the public is attracted exclusively and only by professional fights, and that the planetary popularity of certain sports is due to their professional form of competition.

With one of the largest amateur basis in the world, TKD can develop into a top professional sport. In order to check it in practice, we have decided to organize in December 2007. Croatia Round Zero and to invite 8 best world heavy-weight fighters, and organize a glamorous performance in front of TV cameras with a reward of USD 30.000 cash for the Champion. All TKD fighters, both amateurs and professionals (who are actually fighting in kick-boxing) would be entitled to participate."

The Championship's fights are essentially under sport kickboxing rules with a taekwondo based point system and restrictions on continous hand techniques:

" The Competition Rules are enclosed herewith. The following essential features of the Rules should be noted:
    - elimination fight 2x2 minutes with 1 minute break
    - final fight 3x2 minutes with 1 minute break
    - the fighting shall take place in the ring with ropes, 7x7 m minimum - 8x8 m maximum
    - punch and kick with full contact are permitted
    - knock-out is permitted
    - as for hand technique, only direct punches are permitted, maximum two in a series
    Excessive number of direct punches, and all other hand punches (hook, uppercut, elbow) shall be penalized by penalty points.
    - the points-system is 1-5 points, depending on the complexity of technique (see the Rules)"

here are some clps of the 08 Championships

YouTube- Pro-Taekwondo - World Final One - 2008 - Pasechnyk vs Alvarado

YouTube- Pro-Taekwondo - World Final One - 2008 - Krylov vs Pantazis
    For more information the website is http://www.pro-taekwondo.com/ , but it seems like they haven't updated the site much since the last Championships in 2008

All in all I am really looking for to this I think it's a great way to move taekwondo into the future.:5yes:

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    1/06/2010 4:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by korean dragon View Post
    The Championship's fights are essentially under sport kickboxing rules with a taekwondo based point system and restrictions on continous hand techniques:

" The Competition Rules are enclosed herewith. The following essential features of the Rules should be noted:
    - as for hand technique, only direct punches are permitted, maximum two in a series
    Excessive number of direct punches, and all other hand punches (hook, uppercut, elbow) shall be penalized by penalty points.
    I thought it was the way of the fist *and* foot? I don't know if you can call it anything like kickboxing rules if there's no boxing allowed. Are leg kicks at least allowed?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2010 4:39pm

Style: chung do kwan tkd

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If it's essentially kickboxing rules with more punch restrictions, then no, leg kicks are not allowed. And that's not surprising.

I don't get it. If nobody wants to watch pro kickboxing, why would anybody want to watch this?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2010 5:38pm

Style: taekwondo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well remember this organization is based in Europe and more specifically in Croatia the land of Cro cop so there people problably love this stuff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/06/2010 11:16pm

Style: -TKD--BJJ-

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's why i hate tkd (which i practiced for 6 years lmao) i hate the stupid sparing rules... And all the gear, and no punching to the face wtf is that? I would do this but there are lot of tkd sissy who wouldnt go for this cuz i would break there nails... I

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 12:51am

Style: Regretfully, TKD.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Different setting, slightly different rules, and "top of the class" fighters = More or less of the same. Intense flailing action.

Sorry, but all the organiztion is doing is repacking the same thing that failed to attract an audience the first time and setting it in an arena that gives the aesthetic of housing world class fighters.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 2:36am

Style: Enshin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this just looks like really chopped up kickboxing. I guess they took out any good techniques for the sake of separating it from karate style kickboxing and muay thai.

Merry Christmas! shitter's full...

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 2:40am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'm not getting my hopes up. mma still isn't a top tier sport in the leagues of baseball, football, or basketball. pro TKD doesn't have a chance.
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by it is fake View Post
    yeah, normally i'd get a quote, but couldn't be bothered.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 3:03am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    its amazing that they still havent figured this out- a points setting that is not based around a 10 point must system, sucks. really thats all there is to it. even with full contact it turns into a game of tag with people trying to score points NOT TRYING TO WIN THE FUCKING FIGHT. it turns it from a fight, such as in a K-1 ring, into a slightly more complicated version of foot tag. and thats fucking boring to watch.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 4:07am

Style: BJJ/Muay Thai (MMA)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They have TKD fight nights here in Australia, my work sponsored a massive one that was run by one of the bigger McDojo's. So ghey.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast