Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 4:52am

Style: Russian all-round fightin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i find it odd that on martins article on how he invented combatsombo how he wrote

'i have kept my system to the trusted few' lol

he must have failed to research the people he is awarding these ranks too?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 5:03am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 10:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    read banned from using the term free style sambo.

can anyone see the paradox between the last link and this one?

http://combatarts.blogspot.com/searc...max-results=50

in the end it changed to sambo freestyle i believe.

im just putting up the links to show how credible are any grades from him?
    to me its made up from day today depending on his whim.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 11:03am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have been reading his FB wall posts. When he's not staring wars over who owns which terms, he seems to be getting his politics reading back issues of Bulldog.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 11:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    its sad that the uk's FIAS rep,

is a racist homophobic, who has no time for anyone outside of his control. every post or blog is mostly negative.
    for me here i refuse to be part of his group directly but im happy to be part of paul sawyers sambuk who are affiliated to the bsf and very independant.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 11:33am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambowrestler View Post
    its sad that the uk's FIAS rep,

is a racist homophobic, who has no time for anyone outside of his control. every post or blog is mostly negative.
    for me here i refuse to be part of his group directly but im happy to be part of paul sawyers sambuk who are affiliated to the bsf and very independant.
    I particularly liked his plugging of something called "Heteroseperatism". He also chose to observe the 30th aniversary of Blair Peach's murder by observing that it was "probably his own fault".

Not directly relevant, but it is making me take an emotional interest in reigning his bullshit in. :protest:
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 11:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i know what you mean, im not great at finding out stuff on here.

but it does make me wonder where clarkes grades came from?

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    5/06/2010 11:56am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambowrestler View Post
    read banned from using the term free style sambo.

can anyone see the paradox between the last link and this one?

http://combatarts.blogspot.com/searc...max-results=50

in the end it changed to sambo freestyle i believe.

im just putting up the links to show how credible are any grades from him?
    to me its made up from day today depending on his whim.
    Not to derail this thread, but that was when Martin tried to run a fresstyle sambo event in England. When I reminded him that FS was trademarked to the ASA and that the ASA was the governing body for that sport, rather than work with us in cooperation, he claimed I banned him from the sport...LOL. Furthermore he created his own thing called "Sombo Freestyle" so I could not claim trademark infringement.

What is it with his combining and reversing of words...LOL.

Here is that story:
    Worldwide Grappling Forums - Freestyle Sambo in England?
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    5/10/2010 5:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have informed Martin Clarke about this thread and asked him to comment.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

"disgruntled ex student who couldn't hack training with Dave and his material and opted out (could be called pussied out) of training to go to Sambo" - Mor Sao

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    5/13/2010 10:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Today, I got an e-mail from Malik Bebee as his name was raised in this thread. I have informed him that I would post his comments, but also encourgaed him to come speak for himself.

Malik Bebee wrote
    Dear Mr. Koepfer it has come to my attention that you have issues with my credentials as a sambo/combat sambo practitioner, via some online blog. I would have liked to have been contacted first before you jumped to such quick conclusions. I also want to tell you that you are incorrect as you state that I am a brown belt in sambo. I only hold rank in combat sambo under richard cranston who is a black belt under the late chris anderson founder of universal fighting systems out of virginia. My bjj and combatsombo are through him up to blue belt and brown belt respectfully. My 1st degree comes through mr. clarke via mr. fuller who is living in pa where I am currently residing. i am slated to test in sambo later this year as Mr. cranston moved to new york . If you have any questions feel free to call me or send me an email.
    My reply to Bebee
    Thanks for writing. I apologize for not contacting you sooner. Concerning the thread on bullshido, have you read it? The thread was started quite a while ago by someone else. I had only begun commenting as I had more sambo knowledge than many others on the forum. Nevertheless, yes, I had questions regarding your bio...as it was presented on Martin Clarkes' website. The thread is primarily about Clarke, who does know about the thread (I told him), but has not commented. It is Martin's site that states you have a brown belt under Cranston. But, I am confused...you are saying the info is wrong, but tell me you do have a brown under Cranston? If there is a problem with the way the rank is listed, you should contact Clarke. Chris Anderson is a known person, thanks for that info. Especially since most people in Sambo have never heard of Cranston.

Regarding Fuller and Clarke’s ranks, my advice is to beware. Fuller is a rank collector and Clarke does not really show much concern with who he grants ranks to, or gets them from [in fuller's case]...or their qualifications. But, Clarke does like to promote his ranking system with disregard of the feelings of the people he has "ranked". Fuller’s judo credentials were recently discovered to be false (this is why they are now gone from Clarke’s website). Fuller is nowhere near qualified to grant anything concerning sambo or combat sambo.

You are free to get ranks from who you want, but, in terms of sambo or combat sambo, you should also know that the majority of the sambo community will look at them as suspect since ranking is not the norm in sambo. And in Clarke’s and Fuller’s case, knowing that Fuller has never trained with Clarke, or trained sambo prior, a rank from him is even more suspect and questionable. The way you will be viewed in the sambo community and martial arts community as a whole will be based on who you associate with.

I suggest you comment on the bullshido thread for yourself. However, I will post your comments as they do try to correct the record.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=92906

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast