Posted On:
    4/26/2010 12:31pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    Fixed.
    you forgot to trademark the entire paragraph.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2010 8:20am

Style: Russian all-round fightin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    interesting thread,
    if i am right? it costs 200 or about $300usd.

thats a lot of money for someone to sit in a chair and watch a fighters best efforts, then sent an email to say pass!

has anyone ever failed? no shame in saying so, but i would be interested to see just how hard the test is. or find out what is expected of you.

i read the criteria on the bsf web site, to be fair its not really that hard to become a coach with them (even if it is just for the select few)!

i heve won many medals so 70+. 2 world medals, both in the fias masters. both were bronze. one i defeated an uzbek to take bronze and the other a russian decided he didnt want to fight me. maybe i can start to charge 2/300usd to make people coaches in my own group?

please pm me for your certificate!:eusa_danc (im only jokeing by the way)............ i want $500usd

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    4/28/2010 12:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambowrestler View Post
    interesting thread,
    if i am right? it costs 200 or about $300usd.

thats a lot of money for someone to sit in a chair and watch a fighters best efforts, then sent an email to say pass!

has anyone ever failed? no shame in saying so, but i would be interested to see just how hard the test is. or find out what is expected of you.

i read the criteria on the bsf web site, to be fair its not really that hard to become a coach with them (even if it is just for the select few)!

i heve won many medals so 70+. 2 world medals, both in the fias masters. both were bronze. one i defeated an uzbek to take bronze and the other a russian decided he didnt want to fight me. maybe i can start to charge 2/300usd to make people coaches in my own group?

please pm me for your certificate!:eusa_danc (im only jokeing by the way)............ i want $500usd
    Hey Darrin, good to see you here on Bullshido. You could have given me a rank before I left England 2 weeks ago! Maybe with a discount ;) Or maybe a "you missed the volcano by one day" rank...LOL. Some kind of survivor's pin or something.

But seriously...$300 USD is quite a bit. How do you know he charges 200? Do you know if he sends an actual document if you pass? A paper cert? Or do you think it is all digital? Now that you mention it, none of the websites of his "ranked" CombatSombo people show actual documents.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

Posted On:
    4/28/2010 2:58pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll do it for $75...also, LOL Martin Clarke L-O-L
    Many things we do naturally become difficult only when we try to make them intellectual subjects. It is possible to know so much about a subject that you become totally ignorant.
    -Mentat Text Two (dicto)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/28/2010 3:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hi steve,
    few more X-box games+ $400 and i will make you a gold belt in my own system 'NKD'tm

i was told that from a friend here in the uk who asked robin hislop about a coaching grade, im sure i read it on the maze that is the BSF web site. its hard to keep a track on there.

here is what it takes to pass

http://www.combatsombo.co.uk/ibf2.htm
    http://www.combatsombo.co.uk/combat_sombo_wrestling.htm
    http://www.combatsombo.co.uk/new_com...ational_ce.htm
    http://www.combatsombo.co.uk/Beginne...Blackbellt.htm

i cant find the price on the site now, maybe one of the guys who took the test can tell us?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2010 6:24am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :qleapfrogsteve you were awarded a pin as i remember, grandmaster sifu sensei leigh till awarded you and your team at the brotherhood gala dinner. cant remember the grades though?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2010 8:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    here is an interesting thing.

you can get to be an bsf coach for 120.00. no test no course, just send the money to robon hislop the scotish rep.

this really makes me sick! drives away good people and brings in the bullshitters

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    5/01/2010 10:52am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    5/04/2010 4:40pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Master Frank Fuller,

Started martial arts in the mid 1980s and have founded a system called Hoshin Kwon Bup, essentially a style of Korean Kenpo that is also recognized in Korea as well. I have trained in various Korean and Japanese systems over my time in the arts and also hold instructor ranks in several others, such as Jeet Kune Do and Krav Maga. I competed periodically in forms and sparring competitions in my younger days and have taught classes and developed black belts at various locations, primarily at university recreation centres and martial arts schools. I have also been elected to several Halls of Fame in recent years for my contributions.

Founder Hoshin Kwon Bup
    5th Dan jujutsu
    4th Dan judo
    3rd degree COMBATSOMBO
    Instructor--Jeet Kune Do
    Instructor--Krav Maga
    CONGRATULATIONS MASTER FRANK FULLER ON YOUR PROMOTIONS IN JUJITSU: 7TH DAN, KOGA RYU NINJUTSU: 5TH DAN, VEE ARNIS JITSU: 5TH DAN, AND VEE JITSU JU JITSU: 5TH DAN!
    Short Bio:

I started martial arts in the mid 1980s and have founded a system called Hoshin Kwon Bup, essentially a style of Korean kenpo that is also recognized in Korea as well. I have trained in various Korean and Japanese systems over my time in the arts and also hold instructor ranks in several others, such as Jeet Kune Do and kali-silat. I competed periodically in forms and sparring competitions in my younger days and have taught classes and developed black belts at various locations, primarily at university recreation centers and schools in the Atlanta metropolitan area. I have also been elected to several Halls of Fame in recent years for my contributions.

I am currently considering an academic career once I complete my doctoral studies in political science. My areas of specialization are international relations, comparative politics, East Asian studies, terrorism, and American politics. I have traveled to over 15 countries, have published books and articles in scholarly journals, and have presented academic papers at domestic and international conferences. My other hobbies include playing piano, reading, and researching international political issues.

Founder/Dojunim - 9th Dan Hoshin Kwon Bup

Short Style Description:

Hoshin Kwon Bup is an accumulation of extensive training and experiences of mine and was first developed in 2008 as a form of Kwon Bup (Korean Kenpo), developing into Hoshin Kwon Bup, which is a compilation of my considerable Korean Martial Arts experiences. The core techniques are taken from Ho Shin Do, a modern Korean form of self defense of my instructors, which has a strong core in Korean Kenpo, Tae Kwon Do, and Hapkido, and Tang Soo Do (Korean Karate). Hoshin Kwon Bup and other systems are currently being taught through the International Fellowship of Martial Artists, an organization which I founded to help spread and propagate martial arts in general. I started training in 1986, when I began going in the direction of developing myself and learning self-defense-oriented techniques. At that time I performed on a demonstration team in the Atlanta area and later competed in several tournaments. I also assisted with teaching classes. However, I preferred teaching to earning trophies and wanted more realistic martial arts goals, so I focused on realistic self-defense and combative maneuvers, beginning my quest for the most practical martial arts approaches to gain a better sense of self-awareness in critical, life-threatening situations.

Other Graduations:

9th Degree Hoshin Kwon Bup
    5th Degree Ho Shin Do
    Instructor Jeet Kune Do
    Instructor Kali-Silat

OK, so Frank Fuller is the Main US Rep for Martin Clarke's CombatSombo USA and has no prior sambo experience as far as we can find. We know there is no record in the main Judo orgs of his Judo rank. Can anyone verify his other claims? I have not been able to find much in terms of who ranked this guy in all his various collected ranks (except the one he created himself)...all at the ripe young age of 32 at that!

But, moreover, I would really like to know the criteria by which Clarke decided Fuller was a 3rd Dan level CombatSombo guy and what led Clarke to believe that Fuller was capable of ranking anyone else in CombatSambo and worthy of representing his US contingent?

Sadly, it looks like Fuller is a rank collector and saw opportunity to continue to pad his resume through Clarke's camcorder rank program. A perfect marriage of rank collector and rank salesman...which in the end, feeds Fuller's ego and Clarke's wallet...but makes sambo look bad. Clarke and Fuller can say what they like and probably fool many noobs. However, the sambo community is a small one and everyone can see the great Oz hiding behind the curtain.
    Last edited by sambosteve; 5/04/2010 4:48pm at .

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    5/05/2010 10:06pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So, there have been some changes on Clarke's CombatSombo USA website.
    http://www.combatsombo.co.uk/combatsombo_usa.htm

Regarding Frank Fuller, bis bio has changed:
    Now reads:
    Founder Hoshin Kwon Bup
    5th Dan jujutsu
    5th Dan in Ho Shin Do
    3rd degree COMBATSOMBO
    Instructor--Jeet Kune Do
    Instructor--Krav Maga
    His 4th Dan Judo has been notably removed

James Eddings is totally removed from the site. What happened?

Carl Tolbert has the same credentials listed and has spoken for himself here.

Malik Bebee's looks the same. BTW, in addition to his CombatSombo rank from Clarke, he claims a brown belt in sambo and a blue belt in BJJ under Rick Cranston. I have never heard of this guy. Has anyone else? Google search for his name and sambo and or BJJ finds only Bebee's website. I don't have Cranston in my competition archive (which is admittedly not complete).

Justin Polette's (AnacondaMMA) bio, which only appreared last week for the first time on the site has changed.

3rd degree Jujutsu
    1st degree CombatSombo
    MMA and BJJ Coach
    His 2nd Dan in Judo has been removed. Somewhat in Justin's defense, he told me off the forum that he requested all those ranks be removed as they were inaccurate and not even listed on his own website.

Anaconda, if you are reading this, can you comment?
    Last edited by sambosteve; 5/05/2010 10:15pm at .
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 891011 LastLast