Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 6:15pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Now, that is awesome. If you are going to offer video training, I still think it is wrong, that is the way to do it with competition as part of the requirement.

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 6:57pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hear ya. They are basically saying, you can do distance learning, but it will not lead to a rank...unless you show us in person what you've done with yourself. I realize a need for some folks to train at a distance for different reasons, but getting membership, assistance and resources, is different from getting a rank. The difference is that Fuller has a history and rank collecting. It is not like he is some guy who has no access to real training.

Interestingly he claimed in his e-mail that he has competative experience. i would really like to know what it is. Because we can't find any reference to his actual training, who he trained with, if or when he has competed, etc.
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

Administrator

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 7:04pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sambosteve View Post
    I hear ya. They are basically saying, you can do distance learning, but it will not lead to a rank...unless you show us in person what you've done with yourself. I realize a need for some folks to train at a distance for different reasons, but getting membership, assistance and resources, is different from getting a rank. The difference is that Fuller has a history and rank collecting. It is not like he is some guy who has no access to real training.
    Yep, if more instructors and organizations did this there wouldn't be a negative stigma to video training. I'm curious to see if you ever find anything.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 8:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Novice Sub Grappler

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow! SHameless little buggers, aren't they?
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 9:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by War Wheel View Post
    Wow! SHameless little buggers, aren't they?
    No joke...trying to validate a BS rank by trying to cold call purchase another rank, using the BS rank as proof of skill...LOL. And the the major slapdown by the RAF to boot. Not this time guys :) Boy that 3rd Degree CombatSombo carries a lot of weight, huh?
    One of the best Bullshido investigations ever written: http://www.bullshido.org/David_Kujawski_Investigation

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    6/03/2010 9:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW, what's with all the logos on Clarke's certificates? Which org actually backs those things...LOL.

Posted On:
    6/04/2010 2:11am

Style: SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sadly by the looks of it all the logos are for orgs that (bet you couldn't see this coming) Martin Clarke runs.
    "Chance favours only the prepared mind."

My Training Log

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2010 4:43am

Style: Russian all-round fightin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hi,
    great to read this update.

i have been asked by my RAF brothers in Russia to help build RAF in the west. im honoured to do this as you can imagine.
    so far we have gained clubs in England,Scotland and two new country's France and Sweden. this work has been done over the last 9 months or so. i have worked hard to create a learning program to examin and grade new instructors in the UK.

we had our first tests last month and created 8 new instructors at level 1. these guys sweeted blood to make this grade and was for some the proudest moment of their martial art learning so far.

to find these people trying to sneak in the back door with there BS grades is a disgrace.
    'combatsombo' is not a russian system it is the imagination of martin clarke.

i told the russians i was ashamed these grades came out of the uk and how the were given away at a price, we were right to stop them dead in their tracks.

clarke has been damming of RAFUK and been happy to write his BS anywhere even putting clips from youtube on his blog saying that it was over violent!...... clarke should understand fighting is violent, even in sport! this doesnt mean its not safe or something people should not want to do.
    it does not mean that everyone who trains in RAF is forced to compete.

anyone wishing to be the rep for RAF in the west will be looked into, im glad we have started to move into other countrys and very glad we are doing things in the correct way.

big thanks to steve and all the guys here for helping to stop this kind of thing happening.

who do we thank for men like them? clarke and his BS grades in his made up system that sounds like it could be legit.
    there hasnt even been 1 combatsombo compitition here in the uk. he put one poor guy into a combat sambo match in france who had his nose broken and gave up very fast (seconds) to the sound of clarkes wife shouting 'dont worry about those punches! just get in there'! lol
    Last edited by sambowrestler; 6/04/2010 4:53am at .

Posted On:
    6/04/2010 8:09am

Style: SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can anyone translate what hes talking about on his blog, when Martin is having a go at another combat sambo federation, them not being FIAS etc.?

As far as I can work out there's another world federation for combat sambo outside of the FIAS, which has a more relaxed rule on protection.

I find him rather humourous in his hypocrisy when he is slagging off a different combat sambo fed for not following FIAS, whilst the whole time creating and pushing his own version of combatsombo which is a watered down version of the FIAS combat sambo regs.

Also what is he blithering about insurance for. Surely MMA gyms over here get insurance, why would he have problems with insurance for full fat combat sambo rules???
    "Chance favours only the prepared mind."

My Training Log

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/04/2010 8:16am

Style: Russian all-round fightin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the insurance thing is about the head butts and legal groin strikes. hehehe i know how to get this insurance and he doesnt!
    now if i can find it, why cant he?
    truth is it cost 15.00 $22usd i know he can insure students if he truly wanted to same as all of us.
    he cant let his students look into this because they will find out just how much he is makeing when he charges his membership and how much things really cost.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 11 LastLast