NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 12:10am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ironcastknight View Post
    I found some youtube videos of this Roxy Martin/her students doing some sparring at Und1sputed, and... Well, it doesn't look good. But then again, I don't do Muay Thai, so perhaps some more knowledgeable posters could judge. Of the female fighters in these videos, I don't know which one is Roxy Martin, so hopefully someone has seen her in order to specify.

Edit: Found her facebook and mytucsonbiz.com pages, and she seems to be the woman in the hat speaking to the man with the clipboard. Makes the videos less useful, though I suppose one could judge the skill of the students she felt were sufficient to present before a promoter.

YouTube- Und1sputed gym: Roxy's Muay Thai: Skill demonstration to fight promoter

YouTube- Und1sputed gym: Roxy's Muay Thai: Skill demonstration to fight promoter: Round two

Also, the text blurbs seem to contain her record, copy-pasted here:

Roxy "Rock City" Martin
    Group Affiliation:
    UND1SPUTED

Experience:
    Thai Boxing Champion-Retired Under the direction of Sensei D Noi.

AMERICAN VS- RUSSIA- SERIES 1- Weight Class 135- win-

International Wushu Champion 1990-1993-1994-1995 Under the teaching of Master Huan Quan

Specialized in Bamboo Wushu Quing
    Huang Straight Sword

Brazilian Jutjutiue third level Received belts under the direction of Nyugene Vieira VIEIRA ACADEMY
    KING OF THE HILL CHAMPION 1989-1991 RETURNED 1997-2000

Und1sputed Tucson
    1240 North Stone Ave.
    Tucson, AZ 85705
    520-882-8788
    The woman in the vids IS Roxy.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 12:22am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    here, this woman seems to be popping up in many of the youtube videos titled "Elite Krue Muay Thai" posted by user bluwakpa. She is coaching a grappling session in this one and at the very end of the second you see her do a combination while encouraging everyone else to "pick up the pace".

YouTube- Elite Krue BJJ Devin & Shawn Rd 5

YouTube- Elite Krue Muay Thai Combination Drill 2

This is the woman I believe to be Roxy. She has the same body type as the woman in this video.

YouTube- Und1sputed gym: Roxy's Muay Thai: Skill demonstration to fight promoter

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 12:29am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by miraclemty View Post
    She refers to him as Sensei. He would not have been a sensei as a Thai boxer. If he ever coached her, His title would be Kru or Ahrjan (although thats usually only given to farang or ambassadors of the style to my knowledge)
    It is not clear to me that Diesel Noi ever even coached ANY Farang. He is considered one of the very greatest ever in the history of the sport. Anyone claiming lineage to him would certainly make that fact well known.

Does this look like a student of the man with the greatest knee technique in the history of the sport?

YouTube- Dieselnoi Thaipads

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 12:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

This is Roxy. She is pretty clearly the same woman in the video. Also, it clearly says that it is her in the video comments/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 12:45am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually I didn't know about Deisel Noi, I have only been following professional Muay Thai for five or six years and I have yet to pick up a good knowledge of historically important Thai fighters (besides Apidej, Samart Payakroon, and a few others). I appreciate the education since you've now given me a new (old) fighter to youtube! yay!

The fact that she claims to have been taught by him is now almost to ridiculous to imagine. Someone with that lineage would undoubtedly be heading a well run and respected program, and if she was a champ she would show up in the fighter registrar for some organization. There are no references on google however. Has anyone contacted her directly since the user elitekrue seems to have been absent from this thread for a while.

And has anyone checked into her BJJ background?

"Brazilian Jutjutiue third level Received belts under the direction of Nyugene Vieira VIEIRA ACADEMY"

what does third level mean? I know nothing about BJJ rankings so this could be accurate but wouldnt someone as experienced as what is claimed be listed somewhere or garner some kind of notereity?

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 12:49am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

YouTube- Und1sputed gym: Roxy's Muay Thai: Warming up

Note "Roxy's Muay Thai" is not the name of the gym, which is Und1sputed Tuscon
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 5/23/2010 12:53am at .

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 12:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by miraclemty View Post
    Actually I didn't know about Deisel Noi, I have only been following professional Muay Thai for five or six years and I have yet to pick up a good knowledge of historically important Thai fighters (besides Apidej, Samart Payakroon, and a few others). I appreciate the education since you've now given me a new (old) fighter to youtube! yay!

The fact that she claims to have been taught by him is now almost to ridiculous to imagine. Someone with that lineage would undoubtedly be heading a well run and respected program, and if she was a champ she would show up in the fighter registrar for some organization. There are no references on google however. Has anyone contacted her directly since the user elitekrue seems to have been absent from this thread for a while.

And has anyone checked into her BJJ background?

"Brazilian Jutjutiue third level Received belts under the direction of Nyugene Vieira VIEIRA ACADEMY"

what does third level mean? I know nothing about BJJ rankings so this could be accurate but wouldnt someone as experienced as what is claimed be listed somewhere or garner some kind of notereity?
    There is no "3rd degree" in BJJ. There are degrees on BB, but you can be sure that Rxy is not a BJJ BB.

This looks like agirl who trained at Und1sputed for a while and decided to go rogue.

YouTube- Samart Payakaroon vs. Dieselnoi Chor Thanasukarn Muay Thai Demo

Exhibition. IIRC Noi won when they fought for real.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 5/23/2010 1:04am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 1:35am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    fuckin tall people and their long legs :D I would not want to plum with Noi. what weight did they fight at? Im gonna assume catchweight cuz I've only ever seen Samart go 126 at the heaviest.

edit: I just realized that I've been thinking of two people Deisel (space) Noi, and Dieselnoi Chor Thanasukarn. that was dumb. I spouted him off in my first post and I didnt even realize we were speaking of the same person. Thai names sound different in your head I guess lol.

No Desielnoi has never trained a Farang fighter to my knowledge, and I seriously seriously doubt Mrs. Martin was able to make it to the Chor Thanasukarn camp to recieve her world class training.

To get back on topic, has anyone contacted Mrs. Martin since the last posts from user elitekrue?
    Last edited by miraclemty; 5/23/2010 1:46am at .

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 9:56am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I will try to contact her, but it is Sunday so, who knows?

I seperated the "diesel" and "noi" of his name because I wanted to focus in on the "noie" name Roxy makes such a big deal about. She obviously believes it is his last name. I wonder if she thinks narongnoi is his brother?

edit: Samart lost to Dieselnoi in one of the biggest hyped fight of that decade and maybe ever. The catch weight was 131lbs.
    Last edited by Matt Phillips; 5/23/2010 10:08am at .

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    5/23/2010 4:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact that she doesn't say what organizations her titles are from is a pretty damn big sign that they're bogus. That alone screams bs to me.

The classes honestly don't look terrible by comparison to other places I've been and the students, while maintaining some pretty silly habits, are by no means atypical of casual muaythai students (I've seen lots of retarded crap done by people every place I've been). We don't really have any context for the experience levels of any of these people so it's not really fair to criticize the instructor based on some footage of students in class. Those combinations were pretty hilariously off the wall, though.

If the black woman is really is Roxi, though, she has no business teaching anyone anything since she has the skills of a beginner.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast