Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 11:19am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember, maybe a year or so ago, my bjj instructor had been set to have someone teach an MT class at our academy, but was talked out of it by a few of our students who recognized the unidentified individual as a fraud when our instructor mentioned his or her name. I think I've heard the name of the person in question here discussed in a similar context, but I can't say for sure, will try to find out. I believe the consensus at the time is that you're SOL if you're looking for pure MT in tucson.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 3:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you guys arent basing a judgement of roxy off the fat girl in the cage right, because that isnt her. just one of her students.
    hands throwing down- i mean they throw down both of them. if youre gonna swing one arm back (and i do) the other one needs to be plastered to your face

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 3:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    you guys arent basing a judgement of roxy off the fat girl in the cage right, because that isnt her. just one of her students.
    hands throwing down- i mean they throw down both of them. if youre gonna swing one arm back (and i do) the other one needs to be plastered to your face
    My fault; the description led me to believe that was Roxy. I apologize.

Posted On:
    1/09/2010 4:36am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like I said before this place offers two free classes so its not like you can't go in and check it out for your self, I haven't gone there myself yet, but I prob will be going some time this month when I do I'll post up what I think... I'm not an expert on muay thai at all, but I have been training for almost a year at my place sooo I have something to compare it to.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    1/09/2010 11:34am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Quoted for truth. Those vids were horrible, i've got guys that have been training 6 months that would destroy those guys.
    安氏八极拳学生

Posted On:
    1/18/2010 7:06pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Elite Krue

The people you see in the video are not Roxy Martin, there are two men in the video who did fight and did very well. It is correct that the fee is 55 dollars to join and this is an academy not a gym and we do require a commitment fee of 50 dollars as a new year special. If you are a registered bone marrow donor then the commitment fee is waived as we work closely with the cancer socitey of tucson. If I understand this correctly many men are convinced that a women could not teach or be as good or better than the record reflects. To my knowledge and experience with Roxy Martin, when she taught at a local gym both BJJ and Muay Thai she not only was very good at both,but she tapped out quit a few men. Currently, she continues to embarrass so called fighters, which is pretty entertaining, but Roxy has been working with differnet people around the world and many of the students that currently attend are 2 or 3 year students. Muay Thai does not spar but once a week due to sever damage that could be suffered with the knees and legs. Pad work, conditioning, technique and body prepping ( kicks to the body) is focused and the fighters are on a reigerisous training schedule. You dont need to be in the state of the art academy to get state of the art training, nor should you pay out rages prices to get authentic training.
    martin noie
    facebook
    myspace

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2010 7:34pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you very much for joining, elitekrue.

I have a question: Who are "Grand Master Noie and Master Nyugen"?

How do elenchus?

Posted On:
    1/18/2010 8:26pm

Style: gah, transition again

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Martin Noie, you do realise that real Muay Thai fighters spar pretty much as often as they train, right?
    Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
    Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2010 8:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Any actual tape on Roxy?

Posted On:
    1/18/2010 11:06pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grand Master Noie and Master Nyugen were both who trained and were granted those titles from their masters. They two implemented the direction of the camp, this would include a praying mantas stance rather than the standard cobra stance. Sparring, is used losely and perhaps the meaning of sparing also understood differently. Whom ever you are training under and the direction that the camp is given then that is how you are trained. There is no right or wrong it is the way the camp will train. I speak for myself and those who I have trained with that sparing was done once a week and only 10% we were only to train technique as we did not use chin guards and gloves as required now when sparring. So this could explain the difference of sparring as to how I see it and how you see it. Grand Master Noie, Master Nyguen, and many others do have video but I would suggest going to the academy.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast