Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 4:25pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Faced with the prospect of training under that woman, I think this is one of those rare cases where buying a heavy bag and maybe some DVDs may be your best bet.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 5:20pm

Style: Working out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    hands flying down to the waist throwing kicks.
    I was taught that when I first started MT as a way of balance. I think you can still do it throughout Muay Thai but if that girl is as good as she says she is she wont be doing that...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 6:15pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by devilboy7778 View Post
    I was taught that when I first started MT as a way of balance. I think you can still do it throughout Muay Thai but if that girl is as good as she says she is she wont be doing that...
    Those videos are fucking hilarious...

You never drop your hands to your waist. Unless you want to get KTFO...twisting your shoulders and "throwing" your arm, as it were, to gain torque and momentum is taught, but you need to also understand distance and timing. In the those vids the "fighters'" would be destroyed in seconds...

:/

Posted On:
    1/07/2010 9:46pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Theres a few other places were you can train, most of the boxing gyms (undisputed, boxing inc, 6th st. Gym, etc) also offer MT classes and most of the instructors at the places are MT fighters, I trained at Boxing Inc. East for some time the MT instructor there fought in MT competitions, and a lot of the other instructors fought in Rage in the Cage, so I mean they tend to be good teachers, the only bad thing about is that these places tend to be expensive. Oh yea and on of my close friends trains at Undisputed and fight rage in the cage now he won his last fight in like 10 secs so they are good places to train at.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 12:09am

Style: Kendo, Krotty

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The 6th Street Gym doesn't quite have Muay Thai, but it does have MMA based on it, along with submission wrestling. It's where I train my not-Enshin, when I'm not being injured/sick/lazy, so I guess one could check it out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 2:36am

Style: Muay Thai, Boxing, nogiJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by waxeater View Post
    That's who they've got teaching muay Thai classes? She looks like she's been training -- casually -- for about two or three months. I've got girls who have been training for less than a year that would bury her.

God help anyone that receives any sort of muay Thai or any other martial arts instruction from that woman.
    The worst part, other than throwing their hands down while kicking, is the fact that half of their "face" punches are just aimed straight at the other person's gloves. That usually means too much drilling and not enough sparring.

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 7:50am

Style: Kettles (MA hiatus).

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    guy in white, slightly better but still sloppy and has awful footwork. as a southpaw i hate watching lefties do that **** with their lead hand, against anyone with half a clue that will get you rocked. i get the feeling he was the one who was above the others in pecking order, because they seemed to be somewhat afraid of him. god knows why.
    Do you mean when he holds his lead arm out straight as a sort of guard?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 9:06am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: no-gi Bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One thing that strikes me on there web page as unlikely is there claim that they teach 'Mauy Boran'. I've been told that it's very rare to find some place that teaches real Mauy Boran.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 11:08am

Style: Working out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by tideliar View Post
    Those videos are fucking hilarious...

You never drop your hands to your waist. Unless you want to get KTFO...twisting your shoulders and "throwing" your arm, as it were, to gain torque and momentum is taught, but you need to also understand distance and timing. In the those vids the "fighters'" would be destroyed in seconds...

:/
    Yeah I meant like for instance if i was throwing a right leg kick I would throw my right arm down to my side.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/08/2010 11:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Forget what she's doing with her arms when she kicks -- everyone and their mother has a different idea of what you should be doing with them. Even more troubling is the fact that she can't even turn her hip over on her kicks and appears to be making contact more with her calf or toes than her shin. Amongst other things.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast