Our Sponsors:

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/06/2010 8:41am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

I trained with Roxy and know all about the videos....

Hi there,

I'm a former 'student' of Roxy Martin and can shed some serious light on the speculation of all these posts and videos...

First off, she's not the one fighting in the cage - that's a completely different girl (only a few months into training). Roxy, however, IS the one standing to the side with the cocked hat. At that time, we had just begun to start 'sparring' (or her version of it) after regular classes at Undisputed. The promoter was scouting for girl fighters (hard to come by in Tucson) for a fighting expo last year at the TCC (where both her fighters lost miserably).

Down to brass tacks... Roxy is not what I would call legitimate. I believe she lied completely about her 'record' and is quite skilled at subverting any conversation about her questionable championships. No one has seen her belts or any record or video of her fights, and when she was called out on it by the owners of Undisputed, she quit before they could fire her (I was there when it happened). With that being said, if you want a hard, sweat-busting workout, she's great - just don't expect authentic Muay Thai training and skills - and for god's sake, don't let her 'train' you to fight... she doesn't know what it takes.

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/06/2010 8:47am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    jrosa, thank you for joining the conversation. As understand it, the girl in the cage video is Trudy; is that correct? Can you give some details of what you observed when Roxy quit Und1sputed? Do you have any idea where Roxy actually did pick up the little she does know?
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    6/07/2010 3:54am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, the girl in the video is Trudy. Mostly of what happened at Undisputed was that Roxy would consistantly talk about her abilities and her history in training and how she won her fights (with literally no more detail than I'm giving you now - other than that she had a hard life), and one day the owners decided to try to check her out further because her accounts were slightly different every time. They couldn't find any record on her either and they ask that she brought in her certificates/belts, etc. and when she refused, she quit. There was quite the 'falling out' between them and a small group followed Roxy to train at another gym.

I have no more details of where she learned her skill set - she was just as vague with the people she was 'friends' with as much as with her employers. She was a pathological liar about a lot of things that had nothing to do with martial arts, so I wouldn't trust her half as far as I could throw her... Again, if anyone looking to fight is considering training with her - she'll give you a workout, but won't know how to coach you AT ALL...

NOTE TO SELF - MOAR GRAPPLE - GET A NORMAL HAIR CUT - REPEAT

Posted On:
    6/07/2010 5:47am

supporting member
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you for that jrosa. Are you saying there were actually paper certificates involved? Were these displayed in the gym somewhere?
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Posted On:
    6/07/2010 9:01am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No, that's the thing... she would say that she had a so-called paper trail, but never produced it - she always skirted around it and changed the subject so there was never any proof that she accomplished anything in her 'career'. Nothing was ever hung on the wall in the gym, and not long before she left, they took down her bio page on their website because their fact checkers couldn't find ANY record of her to see if her claims were true.

She's definitely shady, and if you ever meet her, you might think she's an alright person... but it doesn't take long to see that she's just full of it.

Posted On:
    10/01/2010 1:22am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: CKD/Jitsu/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can anyone find anything on Twang Noie?? Her supposed Muay Thai instructor? I cannot find record of this man anywhere. I will also tell you her Muay Thai is a complete joke, she knows it also.

Posted On:
    10/01/2010 3:05am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phillips View Post
    I realized recently that it's not "Krue" it's "Kre". As in Cre.
    Perhaps she was trying for "Krewe".

Posted On:
    8/05/2011 5:44pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ki-il Kai MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, out with the old and in with the new. Tucson Extreme MMA is moving into the Capoeira Brazil facility replacing Krue whatever it was Mauy Thai. We plan to start our program in Sept. Anyone interested in stopping by and seeing how we do things.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/05/2011 9:55pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Politics

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I personally have a problem with contracts; however, I can understand that the light bill needs to get paid.
    As far as the internet. You won't find out how good or bad an instructor is by reading other peoples bloggs. I have travelled the world, and I understand two things. The first one, being that almost every Muay Thai camp has their own different ways of training, and secondly there are some Muay Thai trainers that have trained in so many different martial arts that they themselves sometimes bastardize the art or sport that they are teaching.
    It's not a big problem. If you don't like that style or gym, then search for one you do like and train with your favorite gym.

FYI, just like Karate, TKD, JiuJItsu, there are different styles and schools of thought in Muay Thai. In laymans terms, I'm saying that not all Muay Thai schools teach the same footwork, clinch work, pad combos, etc...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/08/2011 9:35am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kru_Kawalski View Post
    I personally have a problem with contracts; however, I can understand that the light bill needs to get paid.
    As far as the internet. You won't find out how good or bad an instructor is by reading other peoples bloggs. I have travelled the world, and I understand two things. The first one, being that almost every Muay Thai camp has their own different ways of training, and secondly there are some Muay Thai trainers that have trained in so many different martial arts that they themselves sometimes bastardize the art or sport that they are teaching.
    It's not a big problem. If you don't like that style or gym, then search for one you do like and train with your favorite gym.

FYI, just like Karate, TKD, JiuJItsu, there are different styles and schools of thought in Muay Thai. In laymans terms, I'm saying that not all Muay Thai schools teach the same footwork, clinch work, pad combos, etc...
    I've been lucky enough to train at six gyms in Thailand and probably half a dozen or so back here in the states, and they all pretty much run their gyms the same exact way.

Regardless, everything that was displayed in every last video to come out of Roxy's camp sucked balls, unequivocally.
    Last edited by waxeater; 8/08/2011 9:54am at .
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14 LastLast