An American Hero!
Posted On:1/05/2010 2:53am
TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ
So I am holding a $50 grappling tournament on Long Island, NY on 2/28/10
All info is at Long Island Submission Tournament : 2/28/10
No point are awarded during normal match length, only a submission ends the match. If after the time limit is reached and no sub has been made they will enter overtime which uses guard passing as a tie breaker :
"Scoring System :
1) No points are recorded during normal match time.
2) Only a submission ends a fight
3) In the event of a draw the match will enter overtime
1) One competitor will take bottom guard the other will take top guard
2) This will be decided by coin toss by the referee
3) The first competitor to score a point based on the following point system wins the match
A point will be awarded for either a Sweep, Submission or Stand-up.
A point will be awrded for Passing Guard or a Submission.
A submission will end overtime. A sweep must be held for 3 seconds to end overtime. A guard pass must end in either mount, side mount, back mount, knee on belly or north south and be held for 3 seconds to end overtime. Back mount requires both hooks inserted and must be held for 3 seconds to end overtime. If the bottom player stands up all contact must be broken below the waist, all grips must be broken and he must face his opponent to end overtime."
The weight classes are every 15lbs and juveniles have no weight classes. They are grouped according to like weights on day of weigh-in.
The NY SUBMISSION OPEN II - June 19th, 2010 Info & Pre-Register HERE
Posted On:1/20/2010 11:03pm
why take the wrestling out of a grappling tournament overtime?
Posted On:1/21/2010 1:25am
We actually changed the overtime to something simpler. First to score a point under IBJJF rules wins the overtime round.
Posted On:1/21/2010 3:40am
1) I don't get the rational for starting guys in a certain position in overtime instead of on the feet.(also your talking about closed guard right?)
2) Have you thought about not having any overtime and just doing it until you get a submission? US Grappling has put on 5 or 6 events like that and the average match time is only like 10 minutes(http://www.usgrappling.us/events/submission-only-vi/). Failing that I think 5 or 6 minute matches are too short for an event like this.
3) The stalling rules need to be rewritten as(except for overtime) point deductions are meaningless.
i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!
Posted On:2/26/2010 4:51pm
Style: karate / bjj
Back mount requires both hooks inserted and must be held for 3 seconds to end overtime.
needs adjustment for dealing with flattened opponents. and body triangles, for that matter.
Last edited by pauli; 2/26/2010 4:55pm at .
Posted On:2/27/2010 4:43am
No it doesn't because the rules are now submission only, overtime decided by first point under IBJJF rules, thats it.
Articles and Reviews
Tools and Info