Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2010 3:27pm

Style: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gomi charges Florian, gets countered over and over again until an RNC, yeah.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2010 1:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think a lot of people aren't giving Gomi enough credit and counting him out. If he is training at ATT then I think we may see the best Gomi of his career. He'll definitly be in great shape and I think his wrestling and striking(boxing particularly) will improve and he'll probably be better versed in submissions (he is training with Jeff Monson). If he does show up in close to as good of shape as I expect I would say he could take Florian and earn a shot at BJ.

I would also say Aoki as of right now is definitely (in my opnion) the #2 lightweight. I think he may have the best submission game of any lightweight. If he can take Florian, or possibly even Penn (BIG if) down he absolutely would have a good chance of winning.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/15/2010 1:23pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BTW, I bring up Florian because I see him mentioned several times and have recently read he will most likely be Gomi's first opponent in the UFC

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    1/15/2010 2:54pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by llzack404 View Post
    I would also say Aoki as of right now is definitely (in my opnion) the #2 lightweight.
    By virtue of record, yes Aoki is the #2.

That said I think there are several individuals (~5) in the UFCs LW division that would be favored (by me) to beat him.

('._.)

Posted On:
    1/17/2010 9:48am

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You really think the LW division of the UFC is the beginning and end of all LWs in MMA? I think its a very weak division, it was created out of nothing with a fight between that roider Sherk and Florian. Its full of wrestlers that have no idea how to finish a fight then theres one guy at the top who is so good that he basically toys around with his opponents.

UFC really needs to sign at least one or two of these guys to shake up the division: Aoki, Alvarez, Kawajiri, JZ, Melendez or Hansen.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/17/2010 12:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wonder if they'll show him smelling Nick's foot.
    I doubt it, but I bet they will be showing him beating the **** out of Nick before that.

I'm happy to see Gomi finally in the UFC. Sure it took too long, but if he goes on the right cycle, I think he can beat anyone except Penn. He's only as washed up as his lack of HGH dictates, and if he's training with Monson, guaranteed proper supplementation will be part of his training regimen.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/22/2010 12:33am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How good would it be he he trashes Florian.

Kenny is going to sub him though.

('._.)

Posted On:
    1/24/2010 1:36pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dont know, if Gomi turns up in great shape this could be a nightmare for Florian. Gomi is very hard to take down and keep there and if the fight keeps standing he only needs to connect once to end this. His power really is beyond anyone elses in the LW division. Florian might just back off the whole fight and win it on points like he did against Huerta though...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2010 2:34pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    I dont know, if Gomi turns up in great shape this could be a nightmare for Florian. Gomi is very hard to take down and keep there and if the fight keeps standing he only needs to connect once to end this. His power really is beyond anyone elses in the LW division. Florian might just back off the whole fight and win it on points like he did against Huerta though...
    I agree with you on all points, but I still think it is highly unlikely that Gomi turns up in great shape. It's been a long time since he was in great shape, and I can't say that he's done much which has made me think this time will be any different. Granted, perhaps his training at AKA will make a difference, but I doubt it. Still, I'll be extremely happy if he proves me wrong, and comes in and looks great against Florian.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234