Page 1 of 10 12345 ... Last
  1. #1
    nightowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Far East
    Posts
    1,211
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Shinya Aoki: If I lose this fight, MMA in Japan is over.

    According to the Japanese MMA fighter:

    "If I lose this fight, MMA in Japan is over. Japan will become a colony of the USA.....Some maniacs say that USA's MMA is the best but I do not worship US MMA so this is big war to me, just like my fight against [Sengoku champion] Hirota [on New Year’s Eve]."

    ....to be honest I am far from them (Gomi, Uno). They are not the best of Japan. As champion of DREAM, my risk is much bigger than theirs.

  2. #2
    Siniq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    the woods of eastern Europe
    Posts
    1,745
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can't wait to see the aftermath, whatever the end. Either middle fingers and an arm break or seppuku. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

    "That was grappling. Real MMA."

    "Where do I go for that?"

    I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

    I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

  3. #3
    i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens! supporting member

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    herndon, va, usa
    Posts
    3,521
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ah, hype.

  4. #4
    danniboi07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    626, California
    Posts
    1,250
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And this is why we loved WWF growing up: fighter drama. Good times.
    "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.


  5. #5
    Robstafarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,822
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am a big fan of Aoki—minus his more childish antics—and I hate that this nationalistic bullshit exists in combat sports. I enjoy the "Vale Tudo versus Combat Sambo" aspect of Brazil and Russia competing in the M-1 Global Challenge, but that's about technique rather than nationality. Every time I see a Japanese fighter saying **** like this, I watch Buakaw versus Masato (K-1 MAX 2004) and smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

    What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

    That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.

  6. #6
    Draven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,755
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Aoki is too much for Melendez on the ground, I see him getting the submission.

    Though it wouldnt shock me if Melendez managed to keep it standing and win a decision.

  7. #7
    Draven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,755
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Also, I like your Okami avatar.

  8. #8
    UpaLumpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Descending into absurdity
    Posts
    6,977
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aoki is a megalomaniac.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    447
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This will be so cool! When he has beaten everyone in strikeforce he will enter the ufc and fight BJ Penn!!! WOAH! HYPE HYPE HYPE!

  10. #10
    King Sleepless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Cuba
    Posts
    10,058
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    I am a big fan of Aoki—minus his more childish antics—and I hate that this nationalistic bullshit exists in combat sports. I enjoy the "Vale Tudo versus Combat Sambo" aspect of Brazil and Russia competing in the M-1 Global Challenge, but that's about technique rather than nationality. Every time I see a Japanese fighter saying **** like this, I watch Buakaw versus Masato (K-1 MAX 2004) and smile.
    His childish antics are exactly why he is awesome.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO