Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2010 6:15am

Style: martial arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Art of War FC

I just found out that MMA is actually being sanctioning by the Chinese government but only if the organization is willing to fight under China's own Art of War Unified Rules. I've watched some of their videos and personally I like Art of War Unified Rules MMA myself because you can strike a downed opponent with kicks, knees, elbows, or punches. You can also face stomp and do things that Unified and Shooto Rules MMA fighters aren't allowed to do that Art of War Unified Rules MMA allows you to do in their events. The only promotion in China that is backed by the Chinese government so ironically named is Art of War Fighting Championship these guy's bouts are great and along with tough. Check these guys out everyone and let me know what you do think of them along with if they ever decided to go beyond China would they ever be one of the big dogs like the UFC or Strikeforce.

YouTube- Art of War® FC IX Highlight Reel - MMA China

YouTube- Art of War® FC VI Highlight Reel - MMA China

http://www.artofwarfc.cn/

http://www.youtube.com/user/artofwarfc

Thumbs up!

Posted On:
    1/02/2010 6:04pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo,MT,Boxing,BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow, really awesome fights. I'm wondering how many have Sanda or Judo backgrounds, there are some SICK throws in there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/02/2010 10:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Conde, I can't vouch for the fighter's backgrounds but I do know from their website that their training facility in Beijing is a Renzo Gracie backed school. They are looking for more fighters for their next show but going through their Fighters link most of the fighters are from China so putting 2 and 2 together I think they are mostly Gracie Jiujitsu practitioners. But they have been known at times to challenge other country's MMA teams or national sport teams to go and fight in their events so I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the Judo guys that fought in AOW were fighting because they challenged them to prove how strong Judo is compared to Gracie Jiujitsu.

Gracie's Links to Art of War FC

http://www.artofwarfc.cn/?q=node/243

http://www.artofwarfc.cn/?q=node/214

Art of War FC Fighters

http://www.artofwarfc.cn/?q=fighter

Posted On:
    1/03/2010 6:19pm

Style: ti da shuai na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Conde Koma View Post
    Wow, really awesome fights. I'm wondering how many have Sanda or Judo backgrounds, there are some SICK throws in there.
    The Chinese AoW fighters are mostly from shuaijiao, san da or both. Just about all of them crosstrain in BJJ for MMA. (Specific academies in Shanghai and Beijing have been covered in the CMA forum).
    “Most people do not do, but take refuge in theory and talk, thinking that they will become good in this way” -- Aristotle, Nicomachean Ethics, II.4

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    1/04/2010 1:06pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congratulations! You've discovered China's AOW enjoy the vids!! They've been around officially since about 2005 with the first competition actually being held, I believe, in 2004 at the aforementioned BJJ school in Beijing, completely unsanctioned at that time I might add.

The fights are pretty exciting with a lot of competitors, as Jack mentioned, coming from Shuai Jiao and San Da with cross training in BJJ or other ground based systems. Although I have seen a couple of guys that came from TKD and cross trained in BJJ. Some of the reffing has been questionable, especially when it is a foreigner vs. a Chinese fighter. But overall a really good show.

Very frustrating for me personally because I brought this idea to some Chinese MAists back in 2003 looking to get investors and they all told me it wouldn't work, that Chinese people don't appreciate this kind of fighting. Fucking idiots!!!
    安氏八极拳学生

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2010 2:26pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That sucks Ronin I personally prefer the style vs style old school MMA compared to the modern Unified Rules MMA because it allowed people from all other styles to step into the cage or ring to prove how good they are against another contrasting fighting style. Also I notice that even here in the US there is style discrimination among promoters that run MMA events. In example there is an organization here in the US called the World MMA Association that was started because no promoters wanted to let them fight in their events because they were Dumog/Filipino Submission Wrestling practitioners. That to me is a bunch of bullshit and why the martial arts no matter what type of martial artist you are hasn't advanced to an international and widely recognized sport like football and basketball is. Because of how divided martial artist are then some of them are just being royal dicks and close minded because they know they can under the belief they are gods.

http://www.truemma.com/policy.html

Posted On:
    1/04/2010 2:46pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin7411 View Post
    That sucks Ronin I personally prefer the style vs style old school MMA compared to the modern Unified Rules MMA because it allowed people from all other styles to step into the cage or ring to prove how good they are against another contrasting fighting style.
    Which rule in the unified rules stops non crosstrained people from fighting in MMA?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2010 2:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is no rule saying it Lindz in Unified Rules MMA but its the people enforcing it and hosting the events that don't allow people with particular martial arts backgrounds to enter and compete in their events. I don't know about anybody else on this forum but I wouldn't mind seeing more traditional martial artist that think they can hold their own against a MMA fighter going into the cage or ring to fight against them or another stylist that thinks their style is supreme to all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2010 3:41pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just like I was talking about but this should be seen more from the MMA community who knows who might be the next Lyoto Machida unless they get the chance to prove themselves. Regarding Master Hisam he was doing fine until he dropped his hands which left him open for the knockout and the only other problem I saw from watching the video (very choppy and cheap if you ask me) was that he wouldn't bring his kicks up high enough it looked like he was aiming for his shoulder every time he tried a high roundhouse kick. If he was to cross train into BJJ and throw in some Muay Thai he'll be a pretty good fighter but I'm not him and its his choice to do that to make him a more complete MMA fighter.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast