Fedor will lose this year.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2010 11:16pm

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    I am sorry, I believed I was the only one who had begun to notice.

Fedor's management is a bit too busy making him "the modest hero of the simple people" to my taste, all too similar to some old Soviet working class hero models.
    However, don't get me wrong - Fedor is definitely one of my favorite fighters, next only to Wanderlei Silva. I personally just begin to get a bit tired of all this "Fedor is a model human being" stuff.

I could point to dozens of moments when his image shows fractures: For example, in one training video, he's running a few miles with other Red Devil fighters, and the English commentator gets all humpdy-dumpdy about how modest and fine Fedor is about running with a priest and some friends. - All sounds very nice and sound... Until you get a close-up of the scene and realize that Fedor wears a way better running suit than the rest and has headphones in both ears. - I LOLed.
    I don't get it
    As the great warrior-poet Richard Dawkins once said, "Prove it."
    I'm pretty sure the burden of proof isn't on Hesp. Or Overeem for that matter.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    1/03/2010 11:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Off View Post
    "Possible" eventually has to bow to "probable." It appeared that Megareem put on a substantial amount of weight and muscle from the K-1 WGP to Dynamite, a span of 26 days.
    Alistair Overeem weighed in at 260 for Dynamite and was 253 for Dream 12 a couple months earlier. He also weighed in at 240 twice in 2008.

I'm not seeing this "substantial growth". I'm not seein' it over one month, I'm not seein' it over a year, no one's seeing it until they peek back several years back to when he was a slender light heavyweight and pretend he got that big yesterday.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/04/2010 2:29am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybren View Post
    I don't get it

I'm pretty sure the burden of proof isn't on Hesp. Or Overeem for that matter.
    yeah not sure why sirc said that.

not that i really care if he IS on roids, but to say that he isnt is really just funny to me. look at the fucking guy. and you can guess why he likes fighting in japan so much, what with their complete lack of drug testing. although that doesnt seem to bother Frank Mir.

the whole roids in sport thing bothers me but not for the reason it bothers most people, but for the fact that people will hail these guys as gods, KNOWING what they are doing, until it comes out in the media and they are suddenly villains. what a fucking comedy. the benefits of steroid use make it so that at the top level a huge number of athletes are juicing, if people dont like that then tough ****, its their buck that drives the merchandising etc that means these guys jobs depend on being the best, at all costs.

/me stops before he rants for 5 pages on the subject

Posted On:
    1/04/2010 4:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Odacon View Post
    Fedor will lose this year.
    Not against Overeem. Badr got rocked by him during the '08 K-1 GP, got up, and kicked his ass. No he didn't get slaughtered, but if the ref didn't end it when he did, Overeem would've been eating canvas.

I just find the odds of Overeem KO'ing Fedor slim as ****. Arlovski might have been a better fight for him (Definitely if he's still thinking he can box with a glass chin. For fucks sakes man, you have legs and good grappling skills, FUCKIN USE 'EM!).

Hell, maybe he'd be able to out muscle Arlovski's wrestling long enough to poke him in the chin and KO him. But I just don't find that scenario very likely if he fights Fedor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2010 9:46am

Style: Working out

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Interestingly enough, Overreem could have fought Arlovski on this New Yeear's Dynamite, but chose a significantly weaker opponent instead.

Looks like someone's afraid of his spoiling his oh-so-clean winning record...

Yours,

Rafe
    arlovski ftw!:boxing:

Posted On:
    1/04/2010 1:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squerlli View Post
    Not against Overeem. Badr got rocked by him during the '08 K-1 GP, got up, and kicked his ass. No he didn't get slaughtered, but if the ref didn't end it when he did, Overeem would've been eating canvas.

I just find the odds of Overeem KO'ing Fedor slim as ****. Arlovski might have been a better fight for him (Definitely if he's still thinking he can box with a glass chin. For fucks sakes man, you have legs and good grappling skills, FUCKIN USE 'EM!).

Hell, maybe he'd be able to out muscle Arlovski's wrestling long enough to poke him in the chin and KO him. But I just don't find that scenario very likely if he fights Fedor.
    I didn't say he'd lose to Overeem.

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    1/04/2010 11:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That. If Overeem isn't doped, noone is.

His own statements about his rather unexplainable growth make me grin every time.

"I eat lots of carrots and a lot of horse flesh."

Yeah, Alistair, sure.
    Dude's back acne is visible from 20 feet away. He's on it.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2010 12:49am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    Overeem isn't roiding. A six foot five man can put on the weight he has in the time he's taken, stop hating.

You are speculating that he isnt, the same as some are specultaing that he is.

Nonetheless, it will be a topic of point regarding Overeem for the foreseeable future.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/05/2010 12:51am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The apperent roid timeline that proves nothing.

Spoiler:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast