Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/03/2010 1:20am

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    Two aspects make this fight especially interesting to me:

2. The myth Fedor is building around himself.
    ...what?

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    1/03/2010 2:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Overeem isn't roiding. A six foot five man can put on the weight he has in the time he's taken, stop hating.

Posted On:
    1/03/2010 3:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    Overeem isn't roiding. A six foot five man can put on the weight he has in the time he's taken, stop hating.
    "Possible" eventually has to bow to "probable." It appeared that Megareem put on a substantial amount of weight and muscle from the K-1 WGP to Dynamite, a span of 26 days.

Schiavellio and Mayhem even commented on it during Dynamite. I'd be very surprised if all of Megareem's weight gain has been natural.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    1/03/2010 5:28am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Plum Garry View Post
    ...what?
    I am sorry, I believed I was the only one who had begun to notice.

Fedor's management is a bit too busy making him "the modest hero of the simple people" to my taste, all too similar to some old Soviet working class hero models.
    However, don't get me wrong - Fedor is definitely one of my favorite fighters, next only to Wanderlei Silva. I personally just begin to get a bit tired of all this "Fedor is a model human being" stuff.

I could point to dozens of moments when his image shows fractures: For example, in one training video, he's running a few miles with other Red Devil fighters, and the English commentator gets all humpdy-dumpdy about how modest and fine Fedor is about running with a priest and some friends. - All sounds very nice and sound... Until you get a close-up of the scene and realize that Fedor wears a way better running suit than the rest and has headphones in both ears. - I LOLed.

Has entered Barovia...

Posted On:
    1/03/2010 5:33am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Plum Garry View Post
    "Possible" eventually has to bow to "probable." It appeared that Megareem put on a substantial amount of weight and muscle from the K-1 WGP to Dynamite, a span of 26 days.

Schiavellio and Mayhem even commented on it during Dynamite. I'd be very surprised if all of Megareem's weight gain has been natural.
    That. If Overeem isn't doped, noone is.

His own statements about his rather unexplainable growth make me grin every time.

"I eat lots of carrots and a lot of horse flesh."

Yeah, Alistair, sure.

Posted On:
    1/03/2010 7:54am

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw a video of Overeem where he explains his diet, the guy eats a lot in a day. Will try to track it down.

Edit: Here we are
    YouTube- Alistair Overeem - Video Clip 04
    Last edited by Odacon; 1/03/2010 7:59am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/03/2010 11:01am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As long as you can hide it you will dope in professional sports. So of course he is doping. He's rich enough to afford the good stuff that noone can prove.

This fight could be similar to the Rogers fight.

Posted On:
    1/03/2010 12:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Fedor's management is a bit too busy making him "the modest hero of the simple people" to my taste, all too similar to some old Soviet working class hero models.
    However, don't get me wrong - Fedor is definitely one of my favorite fighters, next only to Wanderlei Silva. I personally just begin to get a bit tired of all this "Fedor is a model human being" stuff.

I could point to dozens of moments when his image shows fractures: For example, in one training video, he's running a few miles with other Red Devil fighters, and the English commentator gets all humpdy-dumpdy about how modest and fine Fedor is about running with a priest and some friends. - All sounds very nice and sound... Until you get a close-up of the scene and realize that Fedor wears a way better running suit than the rest and has headphones in both ears. - I LOLed.
    Ahh...ok that makes sense. You're right, they've been playing up the "humble man" angle much more in the past few months.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    1/03/2010 3:45pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesperus View Post
    So you're also an expert in human physiology as well? Your judo dojo should get an award for producing expert strikers with degrees in biology.

As the great warrior-poet Richard Dawkins once said, "Prove it."

Fedor is clearly not this super nice guy. He's shown many times that he's a hardass and a fucking asshole.

But guess what? That means he's just a human being and that OMG one day he might just get beaten.

Posted On:
    1/03/2010 4:03pm

Style: MT, Judo & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sircmas View Post
    Fedor is clearly not this super nice guy. He's shown many times that he's a hardass and a fucking asshole.

But guess what? That means he's just a human being and that OMG one day he might just get beaten.
    Weak sauce.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast