Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 9:09am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Master Hisam: MONKEY MASTER IN THE CAGE

It seems that this man wants to give a shot of the Monkey style into the cage. Here is the articles.

http://www.usadojo.com/articles/Anto...key-master.htm

The story seems a bit weird to me, so I would like your opinion on the man.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 9:37am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Master Hisam’s hands are huge and swollen, as hard as rocks." Replace hands with any number of comedic words for genitalia.

Ok the first sentence is funny but the guy makes a lot of sense in the rest of the article. Especially if you only read his quotes and not the dumb **** the author wrote in between for the form fairy crowd.

He talks a lot about actually fighting and testing yourself.
    Last edited by WhiteShark; 1/01/2010 9:44am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 9:40am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Muahaha I was waiting for some point that out but I would like also the opinion in the 'I searched for the old master because nobody taught me the real Monkey' story. And any info on this man. (Note: If this guy has already fought in competion we need to see video).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 10:13am

Style: bitchin' and whinin'

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, my first post after being a member for five years, is that some kind of record?:toothy10:

The article mentions San-da competition, but doesn't give details - some of you guys in the Chinese arts circuit should have heard of him if it's true, what's his fight record like?

Otherwise from what can be picked up from the fairly limited article he seems to have a pretty good training attitude with serious fitness training, a wrestling background, cross training and testing his skills in competition. Sparing is not mentioned at all but I get the impression that is due to a deficiency of the author. You can't really tell from this but it seems the "Chi" stuff is on top of serious training.

If he does well I suspect his fighting will look similar to any cross trained MMA fighter, though it would be awsome if it looked like an 80's kung fu movie!

If he does though it'll be due to talent, conditioning and cross training, not "Chi" and being posessed bu ancient monkey gods!

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 10:15am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is a better question: Who cares?
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 10:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I actually when he talks about ''chi'' i think he is referring to breathing exercises.

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 11:09am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This should be a link to his fight

http://vimeo.com/4943875

Its a long video as it has fighter intros and such.

There is some footage of his training on the martial arts odyssey channel too. there is a bunch of them.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 1:08pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Watched the whole fight. He's a guy who is in great shape who is being under served by his style IMO. The only good thing I could say about him is that he has nice leg kicks. Those standing hammer fist things were terrible and ineffective. Unlike the commentators I was not at all impressed by his head movement. Good head movement is more than "just" moving your head. If the other guy was better at GnP it would have been over in the first round when he got mounted.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 1:34pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubarão-branco View Post
    Watched the whole fight. He's a guy who is in great shape who is being under served by his style IMO. The only good thing I could say about him is that he has nice leg kicks. Those standing hammer fist things were terrible and ineffective. Unlike the commentators I was not at all impressed by his head movement. Good head movement is more than "just" moving your head. If the other guy was better at GnP it would have been over in the first round when he got mounted.
    They both sucked serious testicles.

Posted On:
    1/01/2010 3:21pm

Style: Regretfully, TKD.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, if he can somehow make it to the K-1 or UFC stage, good for him. Although, judging by the fight, he won't really be able to accomplish what he sets out to do.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast